Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Condition checking
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Condition checking Post 23348 by trynew on Friday 21st of June 2002 11:41:33 AM
Old 06-21-2002
anyway, england lost....sigh

thanks you all

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking condition inside the loop

Hi all, I have one clarification i am using the loop which will process for each record .suppose there is f ailure in the first record it need to send mail and process the next .my code: defcount=`cat <filename>|wc -l` while ] do if <some condiotion> then echo "mail" fi done so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ithirak17
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed solution for condition checking

Hi all , Recently i came across this in FAQ's. I have a file cat rem.txt sreedhar 20 sreedhar 10 sreedhar 15 sreedhar 18 sreedhar 16 sreedhar 30 I have to replace sreedhar with "Sridhar" if the second parameter is > 18. I need to do it in "sed" only. I am wondering how this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip file By checking condition.

Hi.. Gurus I Have a list of .zip files in a directory. I want to check whether each .zip file having some particular file or not (say .jsp) if it's having .Jsp file then create a directory as per the .zip file and extract the content to that directory except the .jsp file, If .zip not having... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting specific line of a file by checking condition

testfile.csv 0","1125209",,"689202CBx18888",,"49",,,"NONMC",,,,,"01112010",,,,,,,"MTM- "1","",,"689202ABx19005",,"49",,,"NONMC",,,,,"01072010",,,,,,,"MTM- testfile.csv looks like above format if the second column is null then get 23rd column and store in a different varible .. add all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgant
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

create separate file after checking condition..

Problem : I want to create a separate file for country list if condition is true. Please help. ***************************************************** Input file: SV-INCR-139302-365540488-201104090934.sqllog SV-INCR-1082-552793184-201104040805.sqllog SV-INCR-1077-855045741-201104040805.sqllog... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: humaemo
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple condition checking in bash

Hi All, I am trying to check if two variables have value assigned to it. i am doing it like if ] then echo "Please specify either single hostname or host file for the report" usage exit fi But its not working for it.Even i specify values for both variables it dont go... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kailash19
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking file existence along with condition

Hi am trying to write a script which find the existence of a file from a find command output and perform a task if the file exists. Help me out with the correct syntax . Am trying with the following one but unable to get the output. if then <some tasks> else echo "file not exists" fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Condition checking in UNIX

i have a script where i have to find the age of a file, if then echo "dnb file is present for the monthly load" >> $RUNLOG dnb="1" else echo "dnb file has not arrived yet" > $ERRLOG dnb="0" fi i know the file is available so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking for null condition in a UNIX variable

i have this code for i in `cat sql_output.txt` do -- some script commands done sql_output.txt has 1 column with employee_ids If the sql_output.txt is null then the do loop should not execute. How can i implement this. for i in `cat sql_output.txt` If i is null or empty then ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Condition checking issue while if

hi, i am using a simple condition end_ct=`sqlplus -s $ORACLE_USER/$ORACLE_PASS@$ORACLE_SID << EOF select description from bravo_statistics where trunc(time_stamp)=trunc(sysdate)-1 and description='END CAT'; EOF` echo $end_ct; echo... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
30 Replies
thai/thinp.h(3) 						      libthai							   thai/thinp.h(3)

NAME
thai/thinp.h - Thai string input sequence filtering. SYNOPSIS
Data Structures struct thinpconv_t Input sequence correction info. Enumerations enum thstrict_t { ISC_PASSTHROUGH = 0, ISC_BASICCHECK = 1, ISC_STRICT = 2 } Strictness of input sequence checking, according to WTT 2.0. Functions int th_isaccept (thchar_t c1, thchar_t c2, thstrict_t s) Check for acceptance of input sequence. int th_validate (struct thcell_t context, thchar_t c, struct thinpconv_t *conv) Check and try to correct input sequence. Detailed Description Thai string input sequence filtering. Enumeration Type Documentation enum thstrict_t Strictness of input sequence checking, according to WTT 2.0. Enumerator ISC_PASSTHROUGH No check ISC_BASICCHECK Basic check ISC_STRICT Strict check Function Documentation int th_isaccept (thchar_tc1, thchar_tc2, thstrict_ts) Check for acceptance of input sequence. Parameters: c1 : previous character c2 : the newly input character s : strictness level Returns: non-zero if accepted, 0 otherwise Checks if, according to WTT 2.0 strictness level s, c2 is allowed after c1. int th_validate (struct thcell_tcontext, thchar_tc, struct thinpconv_t *conv) Check and try to correct input sequence. Parameters: context : previous cell c : the newly input character conv : the storage for resulting correction info Returns: 0 if the input is to be rejected non-zero otherwise. Given the previous cell as context, edit the input buffer using the given input c, maintaining WTT canonical order, and do some convenient correction in conv. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libthai from the source code. Version 0.1.14 Tue Jun 17 2014 thai/thinp.h(3)