Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: traceroute dosent work
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers traceroute dosent work Post 23327 by definate on Thursday 20th of June 2002 11:05:33 PM
Old 06-21-2002
Data traceroute dosent work

hi , folks i m back with again some silly question i think.!!
i can do ftp , telnet from windows to unix machine , but not vice versa!!! , from unix box , i get connection refused , and ping says not alive. ,...my os . solaris 7 , ok i know ishouldnt load network by using traceroute , but itried it , nopes.
can any body help?
thanx in advance.

definate

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab -e dosent work

Hello! my crontab -e dosent work. Im getting this error message: sh: VI: not found The crontab files was not changed. How do i make it work? I think you should use "export editor=vi" or something. But i cant seem to get the correct line! pleas help... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dozy
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

will traceroute work for this?

hello all- I am soon to convert a large scale ftp server and my problem is this. There are currently over 50,000 ftp profiles (each one within an individual file) that I need to determine which of the 2 interfaces it is traveling to get to its destination. My plans were that I will loop thru... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedrict
2 Replies

3. Programming

how we can use traceroute

how we can use traceroute in unix c so how we can get the output of traceroute command in c thank u,inadvance sree (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The loop that dosent work

I have a serious problem and Im sure im just doing something stupid ######Start Load while do /export/home/mldwh/rkem_refresh/int_load/scripts/rkem_refresh.sh sleep 10 while do sleep 5 done done ######Log and Runstats sleep... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jadionne
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

traceroute

Hi, Can any one suggest me an add on feature for the traceroute command. Thanks in advance. Regards, Selvi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: salvi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit script if the user dosent enter any data within 5 seconds

Hello friends, Kindly help me in developing a script that asks user to enter a value and will wait for 5 seconds for the feedback. If there is no answer from the user the script will perform exit or it will continue doing something else Ex: If yu have a multi OS system i believe while... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

traceroute

Good afternoon Can anyone explain traceroutes to me and when it would be necessary/what situations would call one to use it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable value dosent change after the loop changes it

i am new to shell scripting. this is similar to the code which i was writing for some other work. i want the variable 'x' to have the value which it will finally have at the end of the loop ( the number of directories ). but the value of 'x' only changes inside the loop and it remains '0' out-side... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chathura666
3 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

add char o end of line if dosent exist

hey , i want to check if the char "#" exist at the end of every line of txt file and if it dosent then add it for example: the cat jumped on my mom # cars can run on water# i cant get a date blue yellow# will be: the cat went back home# cars can run on water# i cant get a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boaz733
2 Replies

10. IP Networking

Traceroute

I have some question about traceroute: 1. Can we hide our computer from traceroute? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: budiantho_indra
2 Replies
asadmin-ping-connection-pool(1AS)				   User Commands				 asadmin-ping-connection-pool(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-ping-connection-pool, ping-connection-pool - tests that a connection pool is usable SYNOPSIS
ping-connection-pool --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] pool_name Tests that a connection pool is usable for both JDBC connection pools and connector connection pools. For example, if you create a new JDBC connection pool for use with an application that is expected to be deployed, before deploying the application, the previously created pool is tested with this command. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. OPERANDS
poolname name of the connection pool to be tested. Example 1: Using ping-connection-pool Before you can ping a connection pool, you must: o Create a connection pool with authentication. o Make sure the Enterprise Information Server (can be the database) is started. asadmin> ping-connection-pool --user admin1 --password adminadmin1 --host pigeon --port 5001 sampleConnectionPool Command ping-connection-pool executed successfully EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-connector-connection-pool(1AS), asadmin-delete-connector-connection-pool(1AS), asadmin-list-connector-connection-pool(1AS), asadmin-create-jdbc-connection-pool(1AS), asadmin-delete--jdbc-connection-pool(1AS)asadmin- list--jdbc-connection-pools(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-ping-connection-pool(1AS)