Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to add cc path
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to add cc path Post 23159 by killerserv on Monday 17th of June 2002 10:52:59 PM
Old 06-17-2002
Do you have a c compiler ? I have a doubt on it

If your C-compiler's name is different from "gcc" or "cc" you can
start configure like this:

CC="cc_name" ./configure

If this is not your problem (e.g. there is gcc or cc in your path),
please provide more information about your operating system and
platform.

In order to compile software, i.e. to turn it from source code into executables, you need a compiler. Traditionally, this compiler is referred to as 'cc' (/usr/bin/cc). If a compiler is installed, '/usr/bin/cc' is a symlink (a pointer) to the 'real' compiler executable, usually gcc:

$ ls -l /usr/bin/cc
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root (..) /usr/bin/cc -> gcc*

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

add bin to variable PATH and save changes

i wrote a script and is running. I add the path bin to variable PATH, i.e. PATH=$PATH/bin. i add this to PATH in order to run the script in any path working directory. Thats ok. The problem is as son as i close the session and start a new session, changes are lost. How can i tell the shell or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexcol
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to add new paths to $PATH

Hi all, I downloaded a tarball of coreutils .... extracted only to find out that i had to build it... But when i executed ./configure, this is what i got checking build system type... i386-pc-solaris2.11 checking host system type... i386-pc-solaris2.11 configure: autobuild project... GNU... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
2 Replies

3. Solaris

add PATH as root

Sorry this maybe a dumb one, but I am root and want to add something to my PATH. Is the right place to do it here: /usr/dt/config/dtspcdenv ? If so, after I add it, how do I source it? Neither "source <file>" nor ". <file>" work. How does the above file work... is there another... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve701
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add a path variable

Hi, I tried to add a path vairable export GPLOAD_CONNECT_STR= -U crm -h sdc-gp1-dev1 -d wmgpdev but it throws the below error -bash: export: `-U': not a valid identifier -bash: export: `-h': not a valid identifier -bash: export: `sdc-gp1-dev1': not a valid identifier -bash: export:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: burton
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

add path variable permanently

Hi, I have added the path variable as below export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: burton
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add directory to a global PATH

Guys, I did a search on this but couldn't find any thing. I need to add /home/scadm/scripts to the PATH. If I do the below it works for the session I'm in. If I close it and reopen it doesnt work. PATH=$PATH\:/home/scadm/scripts ; export PATH I also want this path added to all the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltonrods
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to add path to root user

I am trying to add path for root. In /etc directory there is no .bash_profile file it has only profile file can any one say how to add path for root user ? is it possible to add path in profile file for root user. (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: elango963
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't add directory to path correctly

Hello everyone I am a newcomer to UNIX and I have hit a snag in something that would probably take experienced people about 30 seconds. Long story short I am trying to add a directory to my PATH and it is getting added but not working. I mean, the object of adding it to the path is so I can access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tastybrownies
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to add to the search path - bin?

Hi, Now I have: /Users/okn/bin for my private shell scripts. How do I add /Users/okn/bin to my PATH? The PATH is right now: /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin The .bash_profile doesn't state anything about a PATH (yet). I read about this: PATH=/bin:$PATH
 export PATH or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OmarKN
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Add directory to path permanently

I ssh in and am trying to add a directory permanently to $PATH in centos 7 and having issues. My current $PATH is echo $PATH /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin but when I do a sudo nano ~/.bashrc # .bashrc # User specific aliases and functions alias... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies
PERLBEOS(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					       PERLBEOS(1)

NAME
README.beos - Perl version 5.8+ on BeOS DESCRIPTION
This file contains instructions how to build Perl under BeOS and lists known problems. BUILD AND INSTALL
Requirements I have built and tested Perl 5.8.6 and 5.9.1 under BeOS R5 x86 net server. I can't say anything with regard to PPC. Since Perl 5.8.0 had been released for BeOS BONE, I suspect, there is a good chance, that it still compiles on a BONE system. The only change I've made, that affects BONE systems is the recognition of whether it is a BONE system or not in "hints/beos.sh". Now network socket support should remain enabled on BONE systems. This might as well break the build, though. As more recent versions of autoconf require flock() support, I wrote a flock() emulation (flock_server) and released it on BeBits: http://www.bebits.com/app/4030 If you want to build a Perl with flock() support, you have to install this package first. Configure With flock() support: CFLAGS=-I/path/to/flock/server/headers ./configure.gnu --prefix=/boot/home/config Replace "/path/to/flock/server/headers" with the path to the directory containing the "flock.h" header. Without flock() support: ./configure.gnu --prefix=/boot/home/config Build With flock() support: make LDLOADLIBS="-lnet -lflock" Without flock() support: make LDLOADLIBS="-lnet" "-lnet" is needed on net server systems only and if the compiler doesn't add it automatically (Be's R5 gcc does, Oliver Tappe's gcc 2.95.3 does not). Install Install all perl files: make install Create a symlink for libperl: cd ~/config/lib; ln -s perl5/5.8.6/BePC-beos/CORE/libperl.so . Replace 5.8.6 with your respective version of Perl. KNOWN PROBLEMS
o Network socket support is disabled for BeOS R5 net server. I didn't dare yet to try enabling it and see what problems occur. o The LFS (large file support) tests ("t/op/lfs" and "xt/Fcntl/t/syslfs") are disabled as seeking beyond 2 GB is broken according to jhi@iki.fi who was the last one checking the BeOS port and updating this file before me. Haven't checked this myself. o The "t/io/fflush" test fails at #6. As far as I can tell, this is caused by a bug in the BeOS pipes implementation that occurs when starting other child processes. In the particular test case a "system("perl -e 0")" flushes the stdout pipe of another child process. o The "ext/POSIX/t/waitpid" test fails at #1. After all child processes are gone BeOS' waitpid(-1,...) returns 0 instead of -1 (as it should). No idea how to fix this. CONTACT
For BeOS specifics problems feel free to mail to: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@cs.tu-berlin.de> Last update: 2004-12-16 perl v5.8.9 2007-11-17 PERLBEOS(1)