Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers IE now available for HPUX and SOLARIS Post 23153 by trynew on Monday 17th of June 2002 09:08:58 PM
Old 06-17-2002
Should us must change our mind like microsoft changing their strategy in IT, could be a trap in order to leading position on unix platform?

Wait and see....

ps: what's the meaning of "Unix Daemon" "Unix cat"???

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HPUX 10.20 et HPUX 11

Is there any problems of binaries compatibility between HPUX 10.20 et 11 ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olivier
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

HPUX any help

:( i got couple of weeks ago a : HP Visualize workstation , model B100. everithing is ok in the box the only problem is that i 'am not familiar with this operational sys, and i try to uninstall and see if i can get on it windows net server 64 bit. or any other 64 bit operational sys that i'll... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbird
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New to HPUX

Hi, I am a SAP Basis admin recentely been asked to administer a HPUX server. Could someone recommend some good study material to learn with the Sap prespective. -carry (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carryclare
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Internet Explorer for Solaris and HPUX

Any idea where can I download IE for UNIX platform? Microsoft does not support the downloading anymore? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennifer
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

hpux vi

Hello. I cant figure out how can i move entire row up , so it pasted on the one above at the end , or to do that for one character. In notepads,word, or some other text editors we would do that with backspace button. Example. Content of my text file is this : I am trying to do that. And... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Which company's hardware is more stable, in case of IBM (AIX), HP (HPUX) & Sun (Solaris)

Hi guru I want to know which company's hardware is more stable means in term of H/W faults or replacement, in case of IBM (AIX), HP (HPUX) & SUN MICROSYSTEM (Solaris) & which order also, if we go through more stable to less stable system. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

8. Advertise with Us

HPUX and Sun Solaris Job Opportunities

Hi Guys... Already i am Completed RHCE , then i planned one more certification, So i need ur help that, Which one is better job opportunity "Hp Unix" or "Sun solaris". Thanks Raghu.V (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghu_linuxsurf
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

pwage-hpux-T for Trusted HPUX servers

I'm sharing this in case anybody needs it. Modified from the original solaris pwage script. This modified hpux script will check /etc/password file on hpux trusted systems search /tcb and grep the required u_succhg field. Calculate days to expiry and notify users via email. original solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Samba idmap ldap: works perfect on Linux,bad on Solaris and hpux

I have configured samba for working with and external ldap(ad windows2003+openldap backend to obtain the same uid and gid on all linux machines) On linux works perfect,and i get the same uid for a X user on all machines. On solaris11 and hpux 11.31 not wbinfo -u works fine wbinfo -g works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies
bsod(6x)                                                        XScreenSaver manual                                                       bsod(6x)

NAME
bsod - Blue Screen of Death emulator SYNOPSIS
bsod [-display host:display.screen] [-foreground color] [-background color] [-window] [-root] [-mono] [-install] [-visual visual] [-delay seconds] [-fps] DESCRIPTION
The bsod program is the finest in personal computer emulation. bsod steps through a set of screens, each one a recreation of a different failure mode of an operating system. Systems depicted include Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows NT, MS-DOS, AmigaDOS 1.3, Linux, SCO UNIX, BSD UNIX, HPUX, Solaris, Tru64, VMS, HVX/GCOS6, IBM OS/390, OS/2, MacOS (MacsBug, Bomb, Sad Mac, and OSX), Atari ST, Apple ][+, and NCD X Terminals. OPTIONS
bsod accepts the following options: -window Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default. -root Draw on the root window. -mono If on a color display, pretend we're on a monochrome display. -install Install a private colormap for the window. -visual visual Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual. -delay delay The delay between displaying one crash and another. -only which Tell it to run only one mode, e.g., -only HPUX. -fps Display the current frame rate and CPU load. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY to get the default host and display number. XENVIRONMENT to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property. X RESOURCES
Notable X resources supported include the following, which control which hacks are displayed and which aren't. doWindows, doNT, doWin2K, doAmiga, doMac, doMac1, doMacsBug, doMacX, doSCO, doAtari, doBSD, doLinux, doSparcLinux, doHPPALinux, doBlitDamage, doSolaris, doHPUX, doApple2, doOS390, doTru64, doVMS, doMSDOS, doOS2, doHVX, and doATM. Each of these is a Boolean resource, they all default to true, except for doAtari, doBSD, doSparcLinux, and doHPPALinux, which are turned off by default, because they're really not all that interesting looking unless you're a fan of those systems. There are command-line options for all of these: e.g., -bsd, -no-bsd. (Also note the -only option.) BUGS
Unlike the systems being simulated, bsod does not require a reboot after running. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1), http://www.microsoft.com/, http://www.apple.com/, http://www.sco.com/, http://www.kernel.org/, and http://www.amiga.de/. TRADEMARKS
Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Windows 95, and Microsoft Windows NT are all registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Apple Macintosh is a registered trademark of Apple Computer. Amiga is a registered trademark of Amiga International, Inc. Atari ST is probably a trade- mark, too, but it's hard to tell who owns it. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds, but it isn't his fault. OS/2 is a regis- tered trademark of International Business Machines Corporation. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1998-2003 by Jamie Zawinski. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty. No animals were harmed during the testing of these simula- tions. Always mount a scratch monkey. AUTHOR
Concept cribbed from Stephen Martin <smartin@mks.com>. This version is by Jamie Zawinski <jwz@jwz.org>, with contributions from many oth- ers. X Version 11 5.15 (28-Sep-2011) bsod(6x)