Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP-UX boxes - am I mad?
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX boxes - am I mad? Post 23151 by Perderabo on Monday 17th of June 2002 08:47:34 PM
Old 06-17-2002
We won't be able to help you decide if you're mad or not. You'll need another forum for that. We can probably deal with that cd problem though....

HP-UX has a cdfs built into the kernel and you probably did a
mount -F cdfs /dev/cdrom /cdrom
or something very equivalent. There is another way to mount cdroms and you will need to try that. It's the Portable File System code that comes bundled with HP-UX. You can do a "man -k pfs" to get a list of man pages.

But here is what I do basicly....

1. I do a "ln -s /dev/dsk/c6t2d0 /dev/cdrom" or whatever so I can just use /dev/cdrom. This makes stuff easier which ever way you go.

2. And of course I do "mkdir /cdrom" so that I have a mount point with a sensible name.

3. Next I create a file. /etc/pfs_mtab with a single line....
/dev/cdrom /cdrom pfs-iso9660 ro,suid 0 0

4. I start the pfs mount daemon:
pfs_mountd &

5. I start the other daemons. I go with 2. 1 may do, but 2 works...

pfsd 2 &

6. Wait about 30 seconds for everything to connect

7. pfs_mount /cdrom

I think that I got that right. It's been a while.... Anyway...it's close. Good luck.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

text boxes, radio buttons , check boxes in c++ on unix

Hi ! Please tell me how to get radio buttons, text boxes , check boxes , option buttons , pull down menus in C++ on Unix. I think it would be done using curses.h ..but that's all i know. TIA, Devyani. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devy8
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple test driving me mad!

Hi all, I have been writing a script to automate some work for myself and have come accross a problem. I cannot understand why it doesn't work, but then I am new to both Unix and Korn shell hacking! Here is the problem: I want to interogate a file for a number and store that number in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alarmcall
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using gzip and my speakers have gone mad!

Hello, I wanted to compress a directory which I did with: tar -czvf backup15062007.tar.gz backup15062007/ I knew that you could specify the compression level with gzip so I then did: gzip -cvf9 backup15062007.tar.gz backup15062007compress.tar.gz Now I know this probably won't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patwa
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a 'Mad Libs' program using Ruby?

How would I go about writing a 'Mad Libs' type program using Ruby? Any examples would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: greeky
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Getting mad at different CMD / Batch behaviour

I have these commands: MOVE "C:\Users\Pascal\Dropbox\Public\U_PC_Backup\Anki Flashcards\Cameo_App_Virtualization\0backup\Cards_only\Card_Backup\" "C:\Users\Pascal\Dropbox\Public\U_PC_Backup\Anki Flashcards\Cameo_App_Virtualization\0backup\Cards_only\Card_Backup_%date%\" xxcopy /E /Y... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Going mad on an egrep command (Reg Expressions)

Dear community, I am trying for several hours now to create an egrep command to grep the number of lines containing a specific text from a text-file but seem to have an error somewhere. The Textfile contains several thousand lines and has the expression "Lastname" in several lines.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donzo
3 Replies
SDL_CDPlayTracks(3)						 SDL API Reference					       SDL_CDPlayTracks(3)

NAME
SDL_CDPlayTracks - Play the given CD track(s) SYNOPSIS
#include "SDL.h" int SDL_CDPlayTracks(SDL_CD *cdrom, int start_track, int start_frame, int ntracks, int nframes)); DESCRIPTION
SDL_CDPlayTracks plays the given CD starting at track start_track, for ntracks tracks. start_frame is the frame offset, from the beginning of the start_track, at which to start. nframes is the frame offset, from the beginning of the last track (start_track+ntracks), at which to end playing. SDL_CDPlayTracks should only be called after calling SDL_CDStatus to get track information about the CD. Note: Data tracks are ignored. RETURN VALUE
Returns 0, or -1 if there was an error. EXAMPLES
/* assuming cdrom is a previously opened device */ /* Play the entire CD */ if(CD_INDRIVE(SDL_CDStatus(cdrom))) SDL_CDPlayTracks(cdrom, 0, 0, 0, 0); /* Play the first track */ if(CD_INDRIVE(SDL_CDStatus(cdrom))) SDL_CDPlayTracks(cdrom, 0, 0, 1, 0); /* Play first 15 seconds of the 2nd track */ if(CD_INDRIVE(SDL_CDStatus(cdrom))) SDL_CDPlayTracks(cdrom, 1, 0, 0, CD_FPS*15); SEE ALSO
SDL_CDPlay, SDL_CDStatus, SDL_CD SDL
Tue 11 Sep 2001, 22:58 SDL_CDPlayTracks(3)