Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers a program which linux things is a directory?? Post 23090 by adme on Monday 17th of June 2002 04:13:22 AM
Old 06-17-2002
you must do de change directory command, cd yourdirecory!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Installation directory structure for downloaded program

OS X 10.3.9 I downloaded RealPlayer into my ~/download folder, clicked install and everything works just fine. My question has to do with just my trying to understand where OS X keeps the files. So, I opened terminal and said: find / -name RealPlayer 2>/dev/null To my utter... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the directory in which a program is running

Hi, I'm wondering if this is possible. I run several FORTRAN programs in different directories that have the same name (say program_X). I use the command 'top' to find the programs running and the time taken. I'm wondering if it's possible to the directory in which these programs are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] <<EOT to program in different directory

Hello, I am new to shell scrip. I have written a .sh file that goes ./myprogram << EOT 14 file.name EOT and works as expectecd - it passes 14 and file.name to the program being run as it askes for command line input. When I try and keep myprogram in a different directory and do the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbo_cambridge
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with a few misc. admin things. LINUX

Hey guys, I've been doing some study guides and practice exams for some certs, had some friends give me some things to do in preperation as well. I have compiled a few of the questions I was unable to figure out:wall:, I was hoping to get some help here. I am running Fedora16. If you need any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jahburmski
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove all things from directory

Which command will be good to use when I want to remove all files and directories from the directory (i want to have empty derictory). Sorry for my English :p ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: WrzaSQN
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to make a bash script that goes through directory files and changes things

I'm trying to write a script in a directory that goes through the column the user specifies of 4 files that are inside the directory and calculates the min and the max values. This means that if the user specifies column 5, the script will go through column 5 of all 4 files and all that should give... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric1
2 Replies
mcd(1)							      General Commands Manual							    mcd(1)

NAME
mcd - mtools utility to change or report the DOS working directory SYNOPSIS
mcd [msdosdirectory] DESCRIPTION
Without arguments, the mcd command reports the current device and working directory. Otherwise, the mcd command changes the current device and current working directory relative to a DOS file system. Unlike the DOS command CD, the mcd command can be used to change to another device. The environment variable MCWD can be used to locate the file where the device and current working directory information is stored. The default is $HOME/.mcwd. The file is created if it does not exist and a msdosdirectory is specified. DOS pathnames that contain the '/' or '' separator are supported. If you use the '' separator or wildcards, you must enclose file names in quotes to protect them from the shell. The mcd command supports the use of to move back one directory in the tree, however, multiple relative moves such as are not supported and do not affect your current position in the directory tree. NOTES
At logout time, it is advisable to remove old files. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: Success. Failure. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of mcd: If set, this variable names the file that contains the name of the current mtools working directory as established by the mcd command. If this variable is not set, the file $HOME/.mcwd is used. FILES
Contains the name of the current mtools working directory as established by the mcd command. If this file does not exist, the default mtools working directory is A:. Executable file SEE ALSO
Commands: mdir(1), mtools(1) mcd(1)