Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: redhat 7.1 alpha
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers redhat 7.1 alpha Post 23060 by jurrien on Sunday 16th of June 2002 02:43:24 PM
Old 06-16-2002
boot

most times you get an message liek you have it means you have installed a kernel with version xx.xx.xxBOOT. these kind of kernels are ment to boot up your system from a cd rom and not ment for normal use (ofcourse it can not give any huge problems but they are not ment to be Smilie ).
so try to install a good kernel and he has no troubles more with these dependencies

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Openldap-2.1.17 and redhat 7.1 alpha

BerkeleyDB not available That's what I get when I ./configure openeldap. I did get the Berkeley package and it seemed to install fine. I mean I had no errors. Then I move on to installing Openldap and I always get this message. Someone said to edit ld.so.conf with the BerkeleyDB path and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: benzo
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort command results are different in Redhat 4 vs Redhat 5

Hi, I am having a text file with the following contents ########### File1 ########### some page1.txt text page.txt When I sort this file on Red Hat 5, then I get the following output ########### File1 ########### page1.txt page.txt some (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies
MODULES.DEP(5)							    modules.dep 						    MODULES.DEP(5)

NAME
modules.dep, modules.dep.bin - Module dependency information SYNOPSIS
/lib/modules/modules.dep /lib/modules/modules.dep.bin DESCRIPTION
modules.dep.bin is a binary file generated by depmod listing the dependencies for every module in the directories under /lib/modules/version. It is used by kmod tools such as modprobe and libkmod. Its text counterpar is located in the same directory with the name modules.dep. The text version is maintained only for easy of reading by humans and is in no way used by any kmod tool. These files are not intended for editing or use by any additional utilities as their format is subject to change in the future. You should use the modinfo(8) command to obtain information about modules in a future proof and compatible fashion rather than touching these files. COPYRIGHT
This manual page originally Copyright 2002, Rusty Russell, IBM Corporation. Maintained by Jon Masters and others. SEE ALSO
depmod(8), modprobe(8) AUTHORS
Jon Masters <jcm@jonmasters.org> Developer Lucas De Marchi <lucas.de.marchi@gmail.com> Developer kmod 01/28/2018 MODULES.DEP(5)