Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: subrouting in scripting ???
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting subrouting in scripting ??? Post 22996 by trynew on Friday 14th of June 2002 11:06:11 AM
Old 06-14-2002
subrouting in scripting ???

Dear all

is sripting got subrouting feature? let's see:

if [ $a -eq 1 ]
then (program will jump to the subrouting)

fi

Best regds

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting guru's pls help me with scripting on AIX

can someone pls help me with the script for a files coming from one system to a particular directory and i want to write a script to move those files to another directory on different system by renaming the files... pls someone help me on this... thanking in anticipation.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thatiprashant
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with scripting

I have 2 files with a common parm - Jobname File 1 0507 1202 JOBA 0507 1302 JOBB 0507 1452 JOBC 0507 1552 JOBA 0507 1553 JOBA File2 JOBA abcdefg server4 JOBB defghij server22 JOBC vwxyz12 server55 I would like to take each line from File1 and match the jobname with the jobname in... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Northerner
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Shell scripting vs Perl scripting

Hi all, I would like to start developping some good scripting skills. Do you think it would be best to start with shell scripting or Perl? I already got a fundation, really basics, in perl. but I am wondering what would be best to be good at first. Can you please help me determine which one to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
14 Replies

6. Android

Android Scripting Environment: Shell Scripting and Android

I just upgraded to Android 2.2 from 2.1. The GPS issue that was troublesome in 2.1 seems to have been fixed. Some of web browsing seems faster, but it could just be my connection is better today ;) Flash works in some browsers but not very good and it is too slow for Flash apps designed for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Shell Scripting vs Perl scripting

Gents, I have been working in a Solaris/Unix environment for about 9 months. I took some linux classses online before getting the job. But, I am not very good at scripting. I want to learn how to script. Do you think that I should start with Shell scripting or Perl? I wanted to continue with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

8. Web Development

Perl scripting or shell scripting?

i am going to study any one of the scripting languages mentioned above(shell 0r perl scripting) . Which is having more scope for a fresher? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help in scripting

Hi, We have a .txt file and we need to read that file and get updated count value in that .txt file. content in .txt file: Welcome messages are deployed. Updates : 334 The output which we want is the numeric figure 334. Could you please help me the command to get the value. Thx in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirankumar
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in scripting

Hi, We have a requirement,client will post the file into ftp server with name as "prior-product-purchaseproductpurchase001_20150608.txt".One copy should be in this FTP server. After that we need to eliminate some part of the string in the filename "prior-product-purchase" and post the filename... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lkeswar
6 Replies
feature(3perl)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					    feature(3perl)

NAME
feature - Perl pragma to enable new features SYNOPSIS
use feature qw(switch say); given ($foo) { when(1) { say "$foo == 1" } when ([2,3]) { say "$foo == 2 || $foo == 3" } when (/^a[bc]d$/) { say "$foo eq 'abd' || $foo eq 'acd'" } when ($_ > 100) { say "$foo > 100" } default { say "None of the above" } } use feature ':5.10'; # loads all features available in perl 5.10 DESCRIPTION
It is usually impossible to add new syntax to Perl without breaking some existing programs. This pragma provides a way to minimize that risk. New syntactic constructs, or new semantic meanings to older constructs, can be enabled by "use feature 'foo'", and will be parsed only when the appropriate feature pragma is in scope. Lexical effect Like other pragmas ("use strict", for example), features have a lexical effect. "use feature qw(foo)" will only make the feature "foo" available from that point to the end of the enclosing block. { use feature 'say'; say "say is available here"; } print "But not here. "; "no feature" Features can also be turned off by using "no feature "foo"". This too has lexical effect. use feature 'say'; say "say is available here"; { no feature 'say'; print "But not here. "; } say "Yet it is here."; "no feature" with no features specified will turn off all features. The 'switch' feature "use feature 'switch'" tells the compiler to enable the Perl 6 given/when construct. See "Switch statements" in perlsyn for details. The 'say' feature "use feature 'say'" tells the compiler to enable the Perl 6 "say" function. See "say" in perlfunc for details. the 'state' feature "use feature 'state'" tells the compiler to enable "state" variables. See "Persistent Private Variables" in perlsub for details. the 'unicode_strings' feature "use feature 'unicode_strings'" tells the compiler to use Unicode semantics in all string operations executed within its scope (unless they are also within the scope of either "use locale" or "use bytes"). The same applies to all regular expressions compiled within the scope, even if executed outside it. "no feature 'unicode_strings'" tells the compiler to use the traditional Perl semantics wherein the native character set semantics is used unless it is clear to Perl that Unicode is desired. This can lead to some surprises when the behavior suddenly changes. (See "The "Unicode Bug"" in perlunicode for details.) For this reason, if you are potentially using Unicode in your program, the "use feature 'unicode_strings'" subpragma is strongly recommended. This subpragma is available starting with Perl 5.11.3, but was not fully implemented until 5.13.8. FEATURE BUNDLES
It's possible to load a whole slew of features in one go, using a feature bundle. The name of a feature bundle is prefixed with a colon, to distinguish it from an actual feature. At present, the only feature bundle is "use feature ":5.10"" which is equivalent to "use feature qw(switch say state)". Specifying sub-versions such as the 0 in 5.10.0 in feature bundles has no effect: feature bundles are guaranteed to be the same for all sub-versions. IMPLICIT LOADING
There are two ways to load the "feature" pragma implicitly : o By using the "-E" switch on the command-line instead of "-e". It enables all available features in the main compilation unit (that is, the one-liner.) o By requiring explicitly a minimal Perl version number for your program, with the "use VERSION" construct, and when the version is higher than or equal to 5.10.0. That is, use 5.10.0; will do an implicit use feature ':5.10'; and so on. Note how the trailing sub-version is automatically stripped from the version. But to avoid portability warnings (see "use" in perlfunc), you may prefer: use 5.010; with the same effect. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 feature(3perl)