Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: /usr is full
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory /usr is full Post 22915 by D-Lexy on Thursday 13th of June 2002 01:54:40 AM
Old 06-13-2002
Question /usr is full

My /usr partition ran out of space, now i'm sitting here and thinking what to do :(
What would be your suggestions? I have /home partition which is 20% full and I don't think that I will ever use the whole space. is there a way to resize my partitions without data loss?
What I was actually thinking in the beginning is to buy a new HDD, copy everything from my current /usr volume to my new HDD and then mount the new hdd instead of my old /usr. what do you think about this kind of solution?
Thanks in advance!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

What is the cause of USR filesystem full

we are using aix 5.3 and we notice that the filesystem /usr is almost full. we have an oracle database running on the server.what are the cause why this filesystem is almost full.what should we do to free some space on this filesystem beside increase the size?thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulexis
4 Replies

2. Solaris

How do I link ld in /usr/ucb/ to /usr/ccs/bin?

Hi all, below is the problem details: ora10g@CNORACLE1>which ld /usr/ucb/ld ora10g@CNORACLE1>cd /usr/ccs/bin ora10g@CNORACLE1>ln -s /usr/ucb/ld ld ln: cannot create ld: File exists ora10g@CNORACLE1> how to link it to /usr/ccs/bin? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can i use /usr/ucb/ps to give the full user

Hi, on solaris I need the full ps output, and process this. With /usr/ucb/ps auxwww I get the output as wanted, but the user is cut off to 8 long. With ps -o ruser I can get the full username, but I do not have the full output. Is it possible to get long output, with the full username? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dimpie
1 Replies

4. Solaris

/usr/sap/psu file systems full.

Hi Ive been facing a prob today in SAP which is been installed in solaris .the prob is one of my file systems tat is /usr/sap/psu is gettin full.i chkd the file named core which gets generated so i was asked to delete that file after doing tat my file systems space was 90%,but the prob is that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madanmeer
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract strings from full path when full path is not fixed

/Path/snowbird9/nrfCompMgrRave1230100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird6/nrfCompMgrRave1220100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird14/nrfCompMgrRave920100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
0 Replies

6. BSD

FreeBSD: /usr/bin/ld not looking in /usr/local/lib

I'm not sure if this is the default behavior for the ld command, but it does not seem to be looking in /usr/local/lib for shared libraries. I was trying to compile the latest version of Kanatest from svn. The autorgen.sh script seems to exit without too much trouble: $ ./autogen.sh checking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
2 Replies

7. AIX

100% Inode full with only 67% FS full.

AIX Version 6.1 and 7.1. I understand that when the OS initially creates the FS and inodes, its pretty strict, but not always tuned to a 1:1 ratio. I see the same thing when adding a whole disk LV to a separate device. It seems that when we expand a filesystem the inodes don't get tuned... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
5 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

OSX: ./Users/myname OR. /usr/myname ? 1) what is the truth on UNIX ./usr/ directory.

OSX uses its own directory strecture on the BSD core, for example /Users/Bob_Alice/. but legacy Unix structure /usr/... remains. Adding confustion, some Unix books say /usr/ was never intended for specific users. and others show it being used for Bor or Alice. I am not sure where to put my third... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelayres
5 Replies
FINDFS(8)						       System Administration							 FINDFS(8)

NAME
findfs - find a filesystem by label or UUID SYNOPSIS
findfs NAME=value DESCRIPTION
findfs will search the block devices in the system looking for a filesystem or partition with specified tag. The currently supported tags are: LABEL=<label> Specifies filesystem label. UUID=<uuid> Specifies filesystem UUID. PARTUUID=<uuid> Specifies partition UUID. This partition identifier is supported for example for GUID Partition Table (GPT) partition tables. PARTLABEL=<label> Specifies partition label (name). The partition labels are supported for example for GUID Partition Table (GPT) or MAC partition tables. If the filesystem or partition is found, the device name will be printed on stdout. The complete overview about filesystems and partitions you can get for example by lsblk --fs partx --show <disk> blkid EXIT STATUS
0 success 1 label or uuid cannot be found 2 usage error, wrong number of arguments or unknown option AUTHOR
findfs was originally written by Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> and re-written for the util-linux package by Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>. ENVIRONMENT
LIBBLKID_DEBUG=all enables libblkid debug output. SEE ALSO
blkid(8), lsblk(8), partx(8) AVAILABILITY
The findfs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux March 2014 FINDFS(8)