Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP access problems
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FTP access problems Post 22745 by zbis12 on Monday 10th of June 2002 11:47:31 AM
Old 06-10-2002
To answer my own post:
Proftpd by default does a reverse DNS lookup on the IP of the client. In my proftpd.conf file I set the following...
UseReverseDNC Off
IdentLookups Off

I restarted the ftp service and that worked. I found this info in the FAQ of proftpd.org's website under the slow logins question. I guess the Reverse DNS feature wasn't finding my private ip in the DNS server's database.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp problems

ok folks, hopefully you can shed some light on this for me. I have wu-ftpd running on a Mandrake 7.2 box. No matter what I do (ie. editing ftpusers, allow/deny files, etc, etc...) I cannot gain access to that machine by way of FTP. I consistently get errors stating "530 Login Incorrect". ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ober5861
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ftp Problems

I ahev 4 Unix servers, if i FTP into any one of the from another, and try to ( cd /user) i get a message stating that no such directory....id i cd into anyother directory like /bin it works... So why only for the /user it is not working on FTP ?? What is more annoying is that if i telnet... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BAM
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Access

How to restrict ftp user to move to the parent directory of his home directory. Any suggestions will be appreciated. O.S Sun solaris Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehgalniraj
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access Problems

Hi all, newbie to forums here. There's this server with HP-UX, / partition at 100%, won't allow logins, so i've tryed to mount every possible directory through NFS, ftp, sftp, ssh, cu, rcp (to replace files i know are big with an empty one) and nothing. Any other suggestion on how to access... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Luis Solorzano
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with simultaneous access to a server

Hello, I'm working in a project where several procedures are programmed using UNIX scripts. One of these scripts is launched in several threads. When performing these threads an scp command to another server it gives out. This error happens only sometimes, others not and each time for a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hector_Saura
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP access

Folks; I'm working on building ACL for our Solaris 10 box. I'm going to use LDAP for authentication. We have a mounted drive on that server & users would like to be able to write to it. We need to restrict the write access to that mounted drive on the box to be only through FTP, so if they... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
13 Replies

7. Solaris

how to deny ftp access

Hi , I want to deny ftp access to some user. Currently I don't have /etc/ftpusers file. From the man page , i can modify the login shell at /etc/passwd to invalid one. How to add it ? replaced with /dev/null or something. If you have any other method to disabled it . Pls show me. My FTP is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: skully
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with ftp

Hi all, I am taking log files every 15 min from remotemachine. My code is ; FRONTEND_HOME=/home/hai/jjsjs/Frontend_log cd /dsd/sds/sdsds/FrontEnd ftp -n 10.22.144.32 << END_INPUT >> /root/scripts/tracking/ftp_frontend.log 2>&1 user hai hai asc cd $FRONTEND_HOME prompt mget logger.log.*... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP problems

Hi All, I am ftping to a windows box where i will be going to a specific directory and check whether file is existing or not. If file exists, get the file to my UNIX box else, say that file didn't exist and touch a new file in UNIX box. Here is what i tried the code: This is FTP script. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddybs
2 Replies

10. AIX

ftp access without shell access

Hi all, I'm using AIX v 5.3 I want to create system users to access through ftp or sftp and restrict those users into specific directory and don't traverse the whole file system just to be restricted within a directory and don't get shell access . i don't want to use any other third party... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
7 Replies
IBV_RC_PINGPONG(1)						   USER COMMANDS						IBV_RC_PINGPONG(1)

NAME
ibv_rc_pingpong - simple InfiniBand RC transport test SYNOPSIS
ibv_rc_pingpong [-p port] [-d device] [-i ib port] [-s size] [-r rx depth] [-n iters] [-l sl] [-e] HOSTNAME ibv_rc_pingpong [-p port] [-d device] [-i ib port] [-s size] [-r rx depth] [-n iters] [-l sl] [-e] DESCRIPTION
Run a simple ping-pong test over InfiniBand via the reliable connected (RC) transport. OPTIONS
-p, --port=PORT use TCP port PORT for initial synchronization (default 18515) -d, --ib-dev=DEVICE use IB device DEVICE (default first device found) -i, --ib-port=PORT use IB port PORT (default port 1) -s, --size=SIZE ping-pong messages of size SIZE (default 4096) -r, --rx-depth=DEPTH post DEPTH receives at a time (default 1000) -n, --iters=ITERS perform ITERS message exchanges (default 1000) -l, --sl=SL use SL as the service level value of the QP (default 0) -e, --events sleep while waiting for work completion events (default is to poll for completions) SEE ALSO
ibv_uc_pingpong(1), ibv_ud_pingpong(1), ibv_srq_pingpong(1) AUTHORS
Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com> BUGS
The network synchronization between client and server instances is weak, and does not prevent incompatible options from being used on the two instances. The method used for retrieving work completions is not strictly correct, and race conditions may cause failures on some systems. libibverbs August 30, 2005 IBV_RC_PINGPONG(1)