Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: su - manager
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users su - manager Post 22644 by S.P.Prasad on Friday 7th of June 2002 01:01:46 AM
Old 06-07-2002
Well if I figure out the problem correctly , you want to grant execute permission to another user, such that when the user logs in he can only execute the file. If it is so then it is quiet sensible enough to just change the file prermissions according to the requirement.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Login Manager

I do not wish to use the Gnome Login Manager anymore, how can I swtich to the KDE login manager? I can already edit the KDE manager in Control Center for KDE, but it doesnt use it. BTW i use KDE 3.1 window manager. One last thing, How can I log into my computer remotly? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: erhan_j
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Policy Manager

I have searched all over the SCO website and can't seem to find an answer to this error message. Has anyone seen the following error, and if so what steps do I need to take to fix it? I don't really want to reload the entire OS if I don't have to. LOGIN: ERROR- Failed to initialize policy... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mikeinmi
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Manager?

Another dumb question for you UNIX Guru's. Again I am a very new UNIX user so go easy on me, trying to convert from MSWIN I have a PC on my desk running Solaris. My PC is connected to a LAN in the office. The LAN then has other systems (celluar switches) connected to it that I can "rsh" into... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dereckbc
5 Replies

4. Solaris

X-manager

Dear all ! When I use X-manager 1.3.9 to connect with server in HP -Unix .It's okey But when I use it to connect with Sun Solaris 8 .It can't display So can you help me to solve this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iwbasts
4 Replies

5. Solaris

RAID manager or veritas volume manager

Can somebody kindly help me to determine which one i should choose to better manipulate OS volume. RAID manager or veritas volume manager? Any critical differences between those two? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

HP Performance Manager

Hello I'm having an issue with HP Performance Manager Version: 9.20.000 running on a Linux VM . If the VM is re booted PM does not start automatically. I have to start it up manually using "ovpm start" Is there a way of setting PM to start automatically after a reboot. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cully
2 Replies

7. Linux

Configuration manager

Hello Dears, I am up to implement cnfiguration manager as the number of Linux systems are growing alot in my company. can please advise any of them? Puppet, spicewalk ansilble etc.. please share you opinion. My aim is to have config manager to automate/provision systems and to have inventory... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
5 Replies
PAM_EXEC(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						       PAM_EXEC(8)

NAME
pam_exec - PAM module which calls an external command SYNOPSIS
pam_exec.so [debug] [expose_authtok] [seteuid] [quiet] [log=file] command [...] DESCRIPTION
pam_exec is a PAM module that can be used to run an external command. The child's environment is set to the current PAM environment list, as returned by pam_getenvlist(3) In addition, the following PAM items are exported as environment variables: PAM_RHOST, PAM_RUSER, PAM_SERVICE, PAM_TTY, PAM_USER and PAM_TYPE, which contains one of the module types: account, auth, password, open_session and close_session. OPTIONS
debug Print debug information. expose_authtok During authentication the calling command can read the password from stdin(3). log=file The output of the command is appended to file quiet Per default pam_exec.so will echo the exit status of the external command if it fails. Specifying this option will suppress the message. seteuid Per default pam_exec.so will execute the external command with the real user ID of the calling process. Specifying this option means the command is run with the effective user ID. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
All module types (auth, account, password and session) are provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_SUCCESS The external command was run successfully. PAM_SERVICE_ERR No argument or a wrong number of arguments were given. PAM_SYSTEM_ERR A system error occurred or the command to execute failed. PAM_IGNORE pam_setcred was called, which does not execute the command. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/passwd to rebuild the NIS database after each local password change: password optional pam_exec.so seteuid /usr/bin/make -C /var/yp This will execute the command make -C /var/yp with effective user ID. SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_exec was written by Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@thkukuk.de>. Linux-PAM Manual 05/05/2010 PAM_EXEC(8)