Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Kicking users off
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Kicking users off Post 22595 by auswipe on Thursday 6th of June 2002 10:55:43 AM
Old 06-06-2002
You could always identify the pid of the shell being used on the terminal and then kill the shell. It's a tad bit abrupt, though.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kicking a telneted user from the system

hi there, does anyone know how to kick a telneted user from a the system? thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crashnburn
3 Replies

2. Solaris

do i need these users?

uucp:x:5:5:uucp Admin:/usr/lib/uucp: nuucp:x:9:9:uucp Admin:/var/spool/uucppublic:/usr/lib/uucp/uucico smmsp:x:25:25:SendMail Message Submission Program:/: listen:x:37:4:Network Admin:/usr/net/nls: nobody:x:60001:60001:Nobody:/: noaccess:x:60002:60002:No Access User:/:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Users

Is there a command to tell what applications certain users ran in past few months? And thier last login? This is on HPUX machine Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: catwomen
1 Replies

4. SCO

SCO console login keeps kicking me back out!! help

OK, I installed a new KVM switch and have 3 IBM servers all running SCO unix attached to it among some other servers... everything works fine except for just one of the SCO servers (all the same hardware) will kick me back out after I login using the console... I will login and it will take me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

Limiting SFTP Users While Not Limiting Regular Users?

Hi, I have searched the web and have come back with nothing that is satisfactory for what I require. SFTP is my corporations new file transfer standard. What I require is a method to lock down SFTP users to their directory (they may go to sub directories) while not restricting regular users. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Emancipator
2 Replies

6. Solaris

To restrict the users not to change the passwords for NIS users

Hi All, How to restrict the NIS users not to change their passwords in for NIS users?? and my NIS user is unable to login to at client location what could be the problem for this ? Any body can help me. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sharath Kumar
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Showing all users in 'users' and 'top' commands

Hi All, I work in a multi user environment where my school uses Red Hat Linux server. When I issue commands such as "top" or "users", I get to see what others are doing and what kinds of applications they are running (even ps -aux will give such information). "users" will let me know who else is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

users cannot switch with "su" to another users

Hi, i have a problem, itīs because users without belonging wheel group cannot switch to another user , when the password is introduced says not right password. The only solution for now is to add them to wheel users, but then i have another problem, they can login as root. Is there any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple users with individual passwords to users

hi, i am new to shell scripts i write a shell script to create multiple users but i need to give passwords to that users while creating users, command to write this script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DONFOX
1 Replies
PTS_QUIT(1)						       AFS Command Reference						       PTS_QUIT(1)

NAME
pts_quit - Exit from pts interactive mode SYNOPSIS
pts quit [-cell] <cell name> [-noauth] [-localauth] [-force] pts q [-c] <cell name> [-n] [-l] [-f] DESCRIPTION
The pts quit command exits from pts interactive mode. The command can be run from the command line or interactively, but on the command line it does nothing and is therefore of questionable utility. CAUTIONS
Prior to OpenAFS 1.4.5 and OpenAFS 1.5.23, the pts quit command was only available on Unix or Linux and when OpenAFS was compiled with the supergroups option (disabled by default). As of OpenAFS 1.4.5 and 1.5.23, it is always available. OPTIONS
Although they have no effect, pts quit takes the following standard pts options: -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. For more details, see pts(1). -force Enables the command to continue executing as far as possible when errors or other problems occur, rather than halting execution at the first error. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see pts(1). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity anonymous to the issuer. For more details, see pts(1). OUTPUT
This command produces no output. EXAMPLES
Here is an example of a pts interactive session: % pts interactive pts> quit % SEE ALSO
pts(1), pts_interactive(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007 Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> This documentation is covered by the BSD License as written in the doc/LICENSE file. This man page was written by Jason Edgecombe for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2014-04-08 PTS_QUIT(1)