Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Solaris Mail Client & MS Exchange Post 22576 by ianf on Thursday 6th of June 2002 06:25:26 AM
Old 06-06-2002
Question

I'm just trying to use mail or even mailtool. I followed the link and managed to use the mconnect to connect with the exchange server but I don't understand what I need to configure.

Can you shed some light on it please.

Thanx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail exchange

Hi everyone I am setting up my own web hosting and dns server - have got all the dns and web server things sorted out. I am wondering if anyone knows what I need to do to enable my customers to have their own pop and smtp access under their own domains which they host with me. I have two ip... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alwayslearningunix
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail Exchange Server

I've got a question regarding setting up mail between two unix boxes. Is it possible to setup two boxes conected via a hub and allow them to send mail using the Netscape Messenger. I know that I can be done so using the UNIX sendmail but I need to connect them via Messenger as my ultimate goal is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GlockCW
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris & mail

On my solaris server, I suddenly got a message saying Message from metatest on server. Check xxx mailbox for details. How do I chcek the message. I don't find xxx mailbox. Please help me ASAP. This is very urgent. Thanks & Regards, Nalina H V (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nalinahv
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to configure netbackup client in Solaris 9 & 10

Hi Experts Though I am aware that I am asking some thing which I should not ask here, however I am sure that there are many who must be have configure netback client in solaris 9 and 10. Please help /direct me towards some link as how and what all is required to configure Veritas... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Configuring send mail client in solaris 10

Dear all, We have SMTP server in our organization & i want to send e-mails from solaris machine using sendmail ... in which file i need to put the smtp server ip, username & passwd.. kindly help ....... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwanathhcl
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

[Solved] How do I configure Unix Mail Server to use another Mail Exchange Server

We have configured our mail unix server and can send out emails automatically from applications running on unix to different people in our company as well as outside our company. However there is an outside client who is not receiving these emails because the settings on their mail server cannot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenyhwa
4 Replies

7. Linux

MS Exchange from linux client

I haven't seen many updates so im here to ask my fellow *nix users if they have found a way or have atleast heard anything about GUI Mail Client that can access mail from a MS Exchange server. I know that Evolution stopped worked up until Exchange 2003 but not for 2007 or 2010. It doesn't seem... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
4 Replies

8. Linux

Exchange Email Client for Linux

About 5 years ago I used to use Evolution for its ability to interact with my companies Exchange 2003 server. I was wondering what Exchange compliant email clients you are actually using with either Exchange 2007 or 2010? FYI I've tried Thunderbird and it just sucks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Postfix Gateway with Exchange Mail With MX back-up

Hello, We have been looking for ways of implementing some redundancy on our postfix gateways in our company. We have 4 Postfix Gateways. mail2.domain.ro 10 mail.domain.ro 20 mail1.domain.ro 30 mail3.domain.ro 40 On nslookup we have like this: domain.ro MX preference = 10,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: panaitescuionel
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
mconnect(1)							   User Commands						       mconnect(1)

NAME
mconnect - connect to SMTP mail server socket SYNOPSIS
mconnect [-p port] [-r] [hostname] DESCRIPTION
The mconnect utility opens a connection to the mail server on a given host, so that it can be tested independently of all other mail soft- ware. If no host is given, the connection is made to the local host. Servers expect to speak the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) on this connection. Exit by typing the quit command. Typing EOF sends an end of file to the server. An interrupt closes the connection immedi- ately and exits. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -p port Specify the port number instead of the default SMTP port (number 25) as the next argument. -r "Raw" mode: disable the default line buffering and input handling. This produces an effect similar to telnet(1) to port number 25. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: hostname The name of a given host. USAGE
The mconnect command is IPv6-enabled. See ip6(7P). FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.hf help file for SMTP commands ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
telnet(1), sendmail(1M), attributes(5), ip6(7P) Postel, Jonathan B., RFC 821, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, Information Sciences Institute, University of Southern California, August 1982. SunOS 5.10 9 Nov 1999 mconnect(1)