Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to set the CVSROOT in the .cshrc file? Post 22537 by a8111978 on Wednesday 5th of June 2002 02:13:55 PM
Old 06-05-2002
Data How to set the CVSROOT in the .cshrc file?

I am learning the CVS in Unix now, but in the book it said I need to add the CVSROOT to the end of the .cshrc file. I had use emacs to edit it and add CVSROOT=/CVS, but when I run script .cshrc then it said CVSROOT=/CVS: Command not found. I had already think that for a hour, so could any person could help me? Thx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cshrc

where are my .cshrc files ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to specify header directory in .cshrc

in my .cshrc file, i can set my library files directory like this : setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "/usr/openwin/lib" now i want to specify my header files directory. please teach how to set it and what/how is the syntax thank u (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: champion
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.cshrc flie help

How can I set up my .cshrc file to do as the posix shell does the escape+k to scroll my command history Thanks Oh BTW, Hi I'm new to the forum. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lefty
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

doubt in .cshrc

what kind of information is there .cshrc ? I want to set an alias in the form of =>#alias setprompt 'set prompt=">>$user<<@`hostname`:${cwd}% "' Ex. alias pr 'cd /home/username' when I make the change and try to do $pr ... its saying pr: command not found Is there any way I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyam
0 Replies

5. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

.cshrc file

Hi All, I was hoping someone could help me with the following query I have please in relation to NX Nomachine. Is there a way to get my .cshrc file in say my “US” home dir” to run when I login to another server e.g say a UK server? Any advise would be much appreciated, thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zainster
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with my .cshrc

Hello everyone, I write a ~/.cshrc for set class path to run my java application. The file is listed below. setenv YFILTER_HOME ~/yfilter-2.0 setenv PATH "$YFILTER_HOME/bin:$PATH" setenv CLASSPATH... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perl0101
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

alias defining problem in .cshrc file

Hi folks, I'm trying to define the following command as alias in .cshrc file: ls -ltr | grep ^d | awk '{print $9}' | xargs du -hs I defined it as the following: alias nirdirs '`ls -ltr | grep "^d" | awk "{print \\$9}" | xargs du -hs`' I've got the following error when I've run the alias:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

After modifying .cshrc file, ls: Command not found

I am using Redhat 4.1.2, tcsh shell To add a program to my path, I added the following line to my .cshrc file: set path = (/home/R/R-2.11.0/bin/ /home/R/R-2.11.0/library) It worked, I am able to run the program I wanted. But the pathway above overwrote all other existing paths - so I can no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Euphoria
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source.cshrc file inside Perl

I have a file which is basically .cshrc It contains lines such as: setenv <variable> <value>... set path=(<dir> <dir>) source <another_file>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kshitij
1 Replies

10. Solaris

CSHRC and PATH problem please help

I'm doing some IVR programming and it uses Solaris 10. I know little about Unix, or CSH, but I think it's a problem with my .cshrc file. I was getting an error: "nstancehomedir/sqllib/bin/db2fupdt: Command not found" and also "set: Syntax error" when I log in. I found db2fupdt in 2 directories,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstevanus
2 Replies
which(1)							   User Commands							  which(1)

NAME
which - locate a command and display its pathname or alias SYNOPSIS
which [name]... DESCRIPTION
which takes a list of names and determines which alias or utility would be executed had these names been given as commands. For each name operand, if it names an alias the alias is expanded. Otherwise the user's path is searched for a utility name matching name. Aliases are taken from the user's .cshrc file. path is taken from the current shell execution environment. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: name The name of a command to be located. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 One or more name operands were not located or an error occurred. FILES
~/.cshrc source of aliases and path values ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
A diagnostic is given for names which are aliased to more than a single word, or if an executable file with the argument name was not found in the path. NOTES
The which utility is not a shell built-in command. BUGS
To compensate for ~/.cshrc files in which aliases depend upon the prompt variable being set, which sets this variable to NULL. If the ~/.cshrc produces output or prompts for input when prompt is set, which can produce some strange results. SunOS 5.11 30 Mar 2005 which(1)