Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mail exchange
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mail exchange Post 2243 by alwayslearningunix on Tuesday 1st of May 2001 12:09:46 PM
Old 05-01-2001
Hi everyone
I am setting up my own web hosting and dns server - have got all the dns and web server things sorted out. I am wondering if anyone knows what I need to do to enable my customers to have their own pop and smtp access under their own domains which they host with me. I have two ip addresses, and am virtually hosting their domains, web server is apache.

Is there some unix configuration or software issue which I need to set up to allow them to send and recieve email at their domain through my machine i.e.

pop.mail.customersdomain.com - for them to recieve
smtp.mail.customersdomain.com - for them to send

I appreciate any help, and apologies to Neo and PxT if this is nothing to do with unix, but you guys on this board have been my last port of call recently for things no one else around me seems to be able to help me with.

Cheers!
alwayslearningunix

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris Mail Client & MS Exchange

Is it possible to configure the Solairs (2.6) mail client to get it's email from an MS Exchange server ? If so can soemone point me in the right direction. Thanx :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ianf
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail Exchange Server

I've got a question regarding setting up mail between two unix boxes. Is it possible to setup two boxes conected via a hub and allow them to send mail using the Netscape Messenger. I know that I can be done so using the UNIX sendmail but I need to connect them via Messenger as my ultimate goal is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GlockCW
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Send mail from redhat box to exchange server

we have an exchange server in company as excmailbocx.company.com i wanna send mail using sendmail from redhat to my exchange mail account how can it be possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oguzhantrg
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

[Solved] How do I configure Unix Mail Server to use another Mail Exchange Server

We have configured our mail unix server and can send out emails automatically from applications running on unix to different people in our company as well as outside our company. However there is an outside client who is not receiving these emails because the settings on their mail server cannot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenyhwa
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Postfix Gateway with Exchange Mail With MX back-up

Hello, We have been looking for ways of implementing some redundancy on our postfix gateways in our company. We have 4 Postfix Gateways. mail2.domain.ro 10 mail.domain.ro 20 mail1.domain.ro 30 mail3.domain.ro 40 On nslookup we have like this: domain.ro MX preference = 10,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: panaitescuionel
0 Replies
ANY2DJVU(1)							   DjVuLibre-3.5						       ANY2DJVU(1)

NAME
any2djvu - Convert .ps/.ps.gz/.pdf to .djvu SYNOPSIS
any2djvu url {filename(s)} DESCRIPTION
Converts files from .ps/.ps.gz/.pdf to .djvu by running them through a web server willing to perform this task. Invoke with -h switch for usage information. ENVIRONMENT
Non-empty value of DJVU_ONLINE_ACK acknowledges transmission of the documents to the server (so that no warning dialog is displayed). EXAMPLES
any2djvu http://www.bcl.hamilton.ie/~barak/papers mesh-preprint.ps.gz any2djvu localfile.pdf AUTHORS
David Kreil, Barak A. Pearlmutter, Yaroslav O. Halchenko BUGS
Using a web-based encoder server is a stop-gap measure until better encoders enjoy wide free distribution. There is a security issue in operating on documents not intended for widespread distribution, which could be partially although not com- pletely ameliorated by using a secure web connection. SEE ALSO
The entire djvu suite, eg djvu(1), djview(1), and djvuserver(1). DjVuLibre-3.5 02/12/2003 ANY2DJVU(1)