Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers adding a second display, keyboard Post 22397 by auswipe on Monday 3rd of June 2002 10:31:17 AM
Old 06-03-2002
It is often possible to add a second monitor for a single system under X but I don't think that you are going to be successful with the second keyboard for one system.

Are they wanting to replace the dumb terminal with keyboard and Monitor on the main system for some graphics related reason?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I map Unix keyboard for PC keyboard

A Solaris AXI 440 machine with Solaris 8 version. I have PC users who use an emulation to login to the Solaris server. How can I change the keyboard mapping of the Sun keyboard to fit to the PC keyboard ? Any comment will be appreciated. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simhab
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding new lines to a file + adding suffix to a pattern

I need some help with adding lines to file and substitute a pattern. Ok I have a file: #cat names.txt name: John Doe stationed: 1 name: Michael Sweets stationed: 41 . . . And would like to change it to: name: John Doe employed permanently stationed: 1-office (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemo21
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding rows of a file and display in another file

How to add these all ( 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 5 8 0 12 10 25) in the script and How to calculate the GPA?? :wall: For example a course record file can be like this: COURSE NAME: Operating Systems CREDITS: 4 123456 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 5 8 0 12 10 25 243567 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 7 9 12 15 17 15... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poonam29
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

adding rows of a file and display in another file

How to add these all ( 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 5 8 0 12 10 25) in the script and How to calculate the GPA?? :wall: For example a course record file can be like this: COURSE NAME: Operating Systems CREDITS: 4 123456 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 5 8 0 12 10 25 243567 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 7 9 12 15 17 15... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poonam29
1 Replies

5. AIX

Keyboard Mouse Display not working with Pseries

Hello, Just got a refurbished Pseries when I boot the machine , everything is okay, that is no attention light and panel shows 01 B N but there is nothing on the display ( monitor / console ) which is plugged into the video card port of pseries. The display is empty.... The keyboard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem getting vertical bar with British keyboard layout on US (physical) keyboard

Hi, I've got a bit of a ridiculous problem and wasn't sure where to post it. I need to use the vertical bar for piping in Bash but, as per the title, am using a UK layout on a US (physical) keyboard which doesn't have a key for it in the place I'd expect. I've tried using xbindkeys and Unicode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Adding to an array in an external file, and adding elements to it.

I have an array in an external file, "array.txt", which contains: char *testarray={"Zero", "One", "Two", "Three", "Four", "Five", "Six", "Seven", "Eight", "Nine"};I want to be able to add an element to this array, and have that element display, whenever I call it, without having to recompile... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: ignatius
29 Replies
install_keyboard(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual					 install_keyboard(3alleg4)

NAME
install_keyboard - Installs the Allegro keyboard interrupt handler. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int install_keyboard(); DESCRIPTION
Installs the Allegro keyboard interrupt handler. You must call this before using any of the keyboard input routines. Once you have set up the Allegro handler, you can no longer use operating system calls or C library functions to access the keyboard. Note that on some platforms the keyboard won't work unless you have set a graphics mode, even if this function returns a success value before calling set_gfx_mode. This can happen in environments with graphic windowed modes, since Allegro usually reads the keyboard through the graphical window (which appears after the set_gfx_mode call). Example: allegro_init(); install_timer(); install_keyboard(); /* We are not 100% sure we can read the keyboard yet! */ if (set_gfx_mode(GFX_AUTODETECT, 640, 480, 0, 0) != 0) abort_on_error("Couldn't set graphic mode!"); /* Now we are guaranteed to be able to read the keyboard. */ readkey(); RETURN VALUE
Returns zero on success, or a negative number on failure (but you may decide not to check the return value as this function is very unlikely to fail). SEE ALSO
remove_keyboard(3alleg4), poll_keyboard(3alleg4), key(3alleg4), keypressed(3alleg4), readkey(3alleg4), ureadkey(3alleg4), keyboard_call- back(3alleg4), keyboard_ucallback(3alleg4), keyboard_lowlevel_callback(3alleg4), three_finger_flag(3alleg4), key_led_flag(3alleg4), set_leds(3alleg4), set_keyboard_rate(3alleg4), set_gfx_mode(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 install_keyboard(3alleg4)