Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PCI device probe and find
Top Forums Programming PCI device probe and find Post 22359 by S.P.Prasad on Saturday 1st of June 2002 06:54:21 AM
Old 06-01-2002
I am not so much experienced on device drivers but trying to develop one, basically on Streams. I always wish to have expertise people in my friends list for any discussion and deliberations.
Please acknowledge my humbel request to be a close colleague of me. We can discuss a lot via e-mails. Mail Me at prasad@hmastarware.com

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Mod probe can't find module ppp0

All I am facing a problem, I will explain what happenned: 1. I was on the box... saw a lot of defunct processes. 2. I tried to do an ls on /root (and many other dirs)... got the message "Segmentation fault". 3. Rebooted the box 4. At bootup I noted that I was not getting the screen that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skotapal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Identifying onboard PCI device

Hi all, I have customized tool that displays PCI device information (something similar to the linux - "lspci") . Now, I need to display information only on "plug-in" cards. Are there any ways to distinguish between "on-board" PCI device and a PCI "plug-in" card. Thanks, Dhilip (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diliphere
2 Replies

3. SCO

Anyone know how to fix a pci device unknow message

Hi I just buy a new PCI 66 scsi smart array 5300 compaq card, and when I instaled it on an ML350 on the slot pci 66 doesn't works, on bios say unknow pci device, i put it on another ml 330 server and it's the same, finally i tested it on an ML530 server wi¿hich has one of that kind of card and it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jactroo
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Device Probe freezes after detecting Ethernet address while installing FreeeBSD 7.0

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 7.0 from CDs I made a few months ago on a brand new system with parts I just got in from NewEgg. I select the default option from the Boot Loader and it goes into the device probe. Several devices are recognized, but then it freezes at: mskc0: <Marvell Yukon... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ideogon
2 Replies

5. BSD

PROBE not find the device ID

Hi All, Probe is not returning the Device ID, while device (PCI Express-to-PCI Bridge) is already detected by "lspci". I checked this with printing all the device ID which has been detected. Can anyone give me any suggestion or solution. Thanks (in advance) Appu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: appu
2 Replies

6. AIX

How to find all device on p570 when need do device firmware upgrade?

I need upgrade firmware for the device of p570, when I go to IBM FIX download website, there are a lot of device of p570 listed. How can I know what device I have on my p570? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
4 Replies

7. AIX

AIX -How to find which NIC is on which PCI card

Hi All, How can I find out which is ETH5 on my AIX P5 system. I have about seven different NIC card on this. I did move the cable to each one but still I was not able to see the link light up when I did netstat -v Any idea? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

8. AIX

unknow pci device as seen by lsslot or lscfg

on a p5 520, running aix 7.1 with the latest TL and SP.. had a 133 MHz Sun PCI 1G or quad 4 x 100 Meg Ethernet card installed.. but it shows unknown type using using lscfg or lsslot Is there addtional drivers to be installed ??? did the same thing on a SYMBIOS Ultra320 diff... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Find out which eth or device belongs to interface "port 1 PCI 4"

Hi, I´ve given only this info to configure a network interface : "port 1 PCI 4" I´ve been searching for any kind of relationship in the system which allow me to find the etc that must be configured... Please, could anybody help me? rhxx:#/root# lspci |grep -i "PCI BRIDGE" 00:01.0 PCI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Can't find a device under /dev

Hi all, I am trying to see /dev/hwrng but can not find it. There are /dev/random and /dev/urandom but not the hwrng. Works the same config at other os. Any idea what might be happening ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: t35t
2 Replies
TAPSET::PERF(3stap)													       TAPSET::PERF(3stap)

NAME
tapset::perf - systemtap perf probe points DESCRIPTION
This family of probe points is used to probe "perf events" on suitably configured kernels (2.6.33+). It contains a number of aliases for the ABI-specified event type/config tuples. The default sampling interval of the translator(1000000) is not overridden, so some of these probe points may fire very infrequently. Use the lower level perf.type(AA).config(BB).sample(CC) probe point if this is a problem. perf.hw.* A variety of hardware events, as generalized by the kernel. These generally require running on bare hardware with selected proces- sors. probe perf.hw.cpu_cycles probe perf.hw.instructions probe perf.hw.cache_references probe perf.hw.cache_misses probe perf.hw.branch_instructions probe perf.hw.branch_misses probe perf.hw.bus_cycles perf.sw.* Special "software" events provided by the kernel. These sometimes work in virtualized environments and with more processor archi- tectures. probe perf.sw.cpu_clock probe perf.sw.task_clock probe perf.sw.page_faults probe perf.sw.context_switches probe perf.sw.cpu_migrations probe perf.sw.page_faults_min probe perf.sw.page_faults_maj probe perf.sw.alignment_faults probe perf.sw.emulation_faults perf.hw_cache.TYPE.ACCESS.RESULT Hardware cache events, where available. A subset of the following cartesian product may be available: probe perf.hw_cache.l1d.*.* probe perf.hw_cache.l1i.*.* probe perf.hw_cache.ll.*.* probe perf.hw_cache.dtlb.*.* probe perf.hw_cache.itlb.*.* probe perf.hw_cache.bpu.*.* probe perf.hw_cache.*.read.* probe perf.hw_cache.*.write.* probe perf.hw_cache.*.prefetch.* probe perf.hw_cache.*.*.access probe perf.hw_cache.*.*.miss SEE ALSO
stap(1), stapprobes(3stap) IBM
TAPSET::PERF(3stap)