Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Reading a process control block Post 22096 by hmurali on Tuesday 28th of May 2002 06:46:56 AM
Old 05-28-2002
Data Reading a process control block

Hello,

I want to know what call to use to read the details of a process control block in solaris ?Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

unix process control

can anyone send me enything about "unix process control " nicko@freemail.com.mk (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicko
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

control the process

I found that in my system , there are some strange process , it will make the system crash so I would like to control the system no such process is running , this is if the system process that its process name is "ora" AND its ppid is not "2" , then it will crash the system, can suggest how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 Questions about my process control script

Hi all, My tiny mind is struggling with the following script that shuts down Tomcat on Sol. 8 and kills any defunct processes Tomcat might leave behind (as it so often does). I realize that fixing Tomcat would be best, but this is a band-aid so I won't have to do as much off-hours support of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkaplowitz
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

init and process control

I'm trying to wrap my head around process control in Unix... particularly init and how it fits in to the equation. Init is responsible for creating sessions by spawning instances of getty which calls login effectively creating sessions right? Why then can init belong to a session? If you ps jx... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dexfantasy
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to control/overide shutdown/reboot process?

Dear all, I want to control my server from shutting down and rebooting. It will ask for some question before the process, ex: who are you? what is the reason for shutting down? ... I think I can overide that binary of shutdown/reboot command, but it is confused. We have many way to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fongthai
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Control process from different terminal (over SSH)

I pressed CTRL Z and suspended the job. then I pressed bg, The process re-started to throw output on the terminal and its not allowing me to access the prompt. its not even accepting CTRL Z. The process has been running for about 2 hours now and I want to suspend it by opening another terminal.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

job/process scheduling or control

Hi forum, I have a problem concerning job or process scheduling and control. I have to run 24 jobs (could be more sometimes less) of the same programme with different parameters. The machine this code is running on is an 8-core machine, so I was thinking that running all the processes at once... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deiphon
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

control timeout of sqlplus process

Hi, I'm using simple sqlplus to test DB availability. When DB is going down, sqlplus command is hang for a few minutes I want to implement the following: 1. execute sqlplus 2. if after 20 sec I dont get a response, kill the process and exit with error. 3. if I get immediate response... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdan2000
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading control characters into variables

Hi, I am trying to write a shell script to help with some digital signature work currently being undertaken where we have a file that contains a number of rows ending with ^M. What I need to do is concatenate this using shell scripting and retain the control character. E.G. abc^M... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
5 Replies
PG_FILEDUMP(1)							   User Commands						    PG_FILEDUMP(1)

NAME
manual page for pg_filedump SYNOPSIS
pg_filedump [-abcdfhixy] [-R startblock [endblock]] [-S blocksize] file DESCRIPTION
Display formatted contents of a PostgreSQL heap/index/control file. The following options are valid for heap and index files: -a Display absolute addresses when formatting (Block header information is always block relative) -b Display binary block images within a range (Option will turn off all formatting options) -d Display formatted block content dump (Option will turn off all other formatting options) -f Display formatted block content dump along with interpretation -h Display this information -i Display interpreted item details -R Display specific block ranges within the file (Blocks are indexed from 0) [startblock]: block to start at [endblock]: block to end at A startblock without an endblock will format the single block -S Force block size to [blocksize] -x Force interpreted formatting of block items as index items -y Force interpreted formatting of block items as heap items The following options are valid for control files: -c Interpret the file listed as a control file -f Display formatted content dump along with interpretation -S Force block size to [blocksize] OTHERS
This manual page was generated from pg_filedump help output (-h) by help2man(1). REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org> pg_filedump 9.2.0 June 2013 PG_FILEDUMP(1)