Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find & tar execution problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find & tar execution problem Post 21923 by ianf on Friday 24th of May 2002 09:40:22 AM
Old 05-24-2002
Just to complicate matters I want to refine the search to include files that are less than 1 day old and older than 2 hours. Is it possible to search by hours old rather than days.

Thanx

Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disaster recover w/tar & find

Hi, I am creating a disaster recovery plan for my Linux 7.2 machine. I have two backups from my current machine. One created using the command tar -cvpf /dev/st0 --exclude=/proc --directory / . and one created with the command find / /boot /home -mount -path '/proc' -prune -o -print |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeremiebarber
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with find and tar

When I am doing the first command the result shows all the files, links, directories except the ones that contain the word logs find . -type f -o -type l -o -type d | grep -v logs But when I am trying to do this even the logs are getting tarred tar -cvf fdtvision.tar `find . -type f -o -type l... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu_nbk
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar & Grep together

Hi, I've got dozens of tar's with two files in each one, live_access_log & live_error_log (one tar for each day, backups). The probelm is i need to match a pattern in all of the archive_access_log files and output the line to a seperate file (All_access.log). I.e. I need to get details... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: tom123
21 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar doubts - problem with tar

The below tar command works fine for me, tar -cvf - `find ./srcdir -type d` | (cd ./destdir ; tar -xvf - ) but this version is giving error to me: cd ./srcdir && tar -cf - . | gzip -9 | cd ../destdir && gzip -d | tar -xf - error is: gzip: compressed data not read from a terminal.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f` only tar 1 file

Hi all, 4 files are returned when i issue 'find . -mtime -1 -type f -ls'. ./ora_475244.aud ./ora_671958.aud ./ora_934052.aud ./ora_934050.aud However, when I issued the below command: tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f`, the tar file only contains the 1st file -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tar command loop during execution

I've some problem concerning tar command. Sometime tar command submitted to create a tar file, in execution loop over the same group of files. Can anyone help me? Tanks (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jocker
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find & Replace string in multiple files & folders using perl

find . -type f -name "*.sql" -print|xargs perl -i -pe 's/pattern/replaced/g' this is simple logic to find and replace in multiple files & folders Hope this helps. Thanks Zaheer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Grep & find & while read line in a script

Hello people! I would like to create one script following this stage I have one directory with 100 files File001 File002 ... File100 (This is the format of content of the 100 files) 2012/03/10 12:56:50:221875936 1292800448912 12345 0x00 0x04 0 then I have one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abv_mx81
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Graphical Display Of Script Execution & Output

Hello All i have a KSH script which basically takes attribute name as input argument and searches whole Netezza appliance and prints information of where that column is used (Table/Views) etc. Problem with this approach business users have to raise SUDO access request, Install Putty, run through... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies
holidays(4)							   File Formats 						       holidays(4)

NAME
holidays - prime/nonprime table for the accounting system SYNOPSIS
/etc/acct/holidays DESCRIPTION
The /etc/acct/holidays file describes which hours are considered prime time and which days are holidays. Holidays and weekends are con- sidered non-prime time hours. /etc/acct/holidays is used by the accounting system. All lines beginning with an "*" are comments. The /etc/acct/holidays file consists of two sections. The first non-comment line defines the current year and the start time of prime and non-prime time hours, in the form: current_year prime_start non_prime_start The remaining non-comment lines define the holidays in the form: month/day company_holiday Of these two fields, only the month/day is actually used by the accounting system programs. The /etc/acct/holidays file must be updated each year. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Example of the /etc/acct/holidays file. The following is an example of the /etc/acct/holidays file: * Prime/Nonprime Table for the accounting system * * Curr Prime Non-Prime * Year Start Start * 1991 0830 1800 * * only the first column (month/day) is significant. * * month/day Company Holiday * 1/1 New Years Day 5/30 Memorial Day 7/4 Indep. Day 9/5 Labor Day 11/24 Thanksgiving Day 11/25 day after Thanksgiving 12/25 Christmas 12/26 day after Christmas SEE ALSO
acct(1M) SunOS 5.10 28 Mar 1991 holidays(4)