Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installation problems!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Installation problems! Post 21915 by creative on Friday 24th of May 2002 07:47:44 AM
Old 05-24-2002
Hello,

Thank you very much dear luiz_fer10 for your help. But as you see I'm newbie in Unix and this is the first try to install a unix operation system. I don't know how to make a root partition on it?!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kylix Installation (File problems)

Hi, I have been trying to install Borland Kylix 3 (the free one I downloaded off the internet) on my Mandrake 9.0 computer. I have run ./testsystem and it said I was ok. BUT when I run ./borpretest it says it can't find 'lib-a.so'. I find this wierd since the file is in the same directory as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
2 Replies

2. SCO

SCO 5.0.7 Installation Problems

Happy new year guys. I have a inspiron 5100 laptop "Dell" When i'm trying to install SCO openserver 5.0.7 i get this error right after it goes thru the hardware bootup stage. The error is (PANIC: wdsetparam: no device info for ctlr 1 drive 0 is ctlr 0 , drive 0 not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

Patch Installation Problems

Hi people: I am having trouble installing some HPUX patches on my 11.00. I am a novice :confused: at this so bear with me. I do not understand how to install depots. Now I'm trying to patch my system so I can get the Oracle client installed. Oracle says I need these two patches:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAFA
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with GNU tar installation

Hi all, Need some help here. I've been trying to install GNU tar version 1.12 into my Solaris 9 machine. steps that I have done was: -untar the package file -run "./configure" -run "make" command (got stuck at this point) Got the following error messages after hitting the make... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suffer0
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GTK installation problems

This is what happened when I installed my gtkglarea-1.2.3 My GTK+ installation was successful. I installed on a non-standard location having set all my variables for package config,library and executables checking for GTK - version >= 0.99.7... ./configure: line 12482:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: preyan
0 Replies

6. BSD

FreeBSD Installation problems

Hi all, I'm new to the world of Unix/Linux (though not to computing in general) and I'm having a few issues installing FreeBSD (v6.2). Firstly, I realise that it's not the most user-friendly of distros, especially for newbies, but it's what I'm required to install so unfortunately I have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Techmonkey
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Help me to solve problems of installation

Hi everyone, I have just installed Linux redhat 9.0, Unfortunately i met a error, it annonced as following when i pressed ENTER at the first step on installation and then i stoped: PCI: 00:13.2 PCI cache line size set incorrectly (64 bytes) by BIOS/FW PCI: 00:13.2 cache line size too... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertPh
3 Replies

8. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

problems with Installation of virtual box

I am Trying to install Oracle virtual box.But it is giving me some error message.Unable to resolve dependencies for some packages selected for installation.Missing dependencies libSDL-1.2.so.0 is needed by pacakage virtual box 4.1 I am using RHEL5 Help out with this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saisrinivas99
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

SWAT Installation problems

Hi, I have been trying to install SWAT on redhat 6 for samba4. The samba server was installed by another administrator but not swat. Please find output of yum install samba-swat in the attached file (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: p2bas
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Problems with Ubuntu installation

I recently bought a new HP Spectre x360 laptop and installed Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit) for the first time. I am seeing various bugs. I don't know if the problems are due to: (a) Hardware problems with the new laptop. (b) Software issues, i.e. Ubuntu not working with the other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: twelth_hour
1 Replies
CTRLALTDEL(8)						       System Administration						     CTRLALTDEL(8)

NAME
ctrlaltdel - set the function of the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination SYNOPSIS
ctrlaltdel hard|soft DESCRIPTION
Based on examination of the linux/kernel/sys.c code, it is clear that there are two supported functions that the Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence can perform: a hard reset, which immediately reboots the computer without calling sync(2) and without any other preparation; and a soft reset, which sends the SIGINT (interrupt) signal to the init process (this is always the process with PID 1). If this option is used, the init(8) program must support this feature. Since there are now several init(8) programs in the Linux community, please consult the documentation for the version that you are currently using. ctrlaltdel is usually used in the /etc/rc.local file. FILES
/etc/rc.local SEE ALSO
simpleinit(8), init(8) AUTHOR
Peter Orbaek (poe@daimi.aau.dk) AVAILABILITY
The ctrlaltdel command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux October 1993 CTRLALTDEL(8)