Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Terminal windows getting killed Post 21856 by Kelam_Magnus on Thursday 23rd of May 2002 04:40:31 PM
Old 05-23-2002
jyotipg,

Just another thought. You may also want to check the network activity to your box or your lan cards, I have had problems with intermittent lan cards going down and restoring. Although my problems were with FDDI cards.

Deepa,

You might send 98_LE an email. He is a Sun SA. There is also a Sun forum. Search this site for "sun forum" and see what you get.
That site should be able to answer your question.

Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

windows terminal

hey all, i got a q my computer at home runs Mac OS X so i use the terminal, and the computer(s) at school run Windows 98 (yuck) and i wanna know if there is a program for win 98 that is similar to terminal. and if possible, if they are compatible. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pyrohotdog
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reproducing windows terminal server

I'm brand spankin new to unix. What software would or could I use to reproduce what windows terminal server and citrix metaframe accomplish? To explain that, how do I create a server-based graphical desktop that can be accessed from a dumb terminal? Specificity is appreciated because I'm clueless... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bradoyler
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Terminal and/or X-Windows in Mac OS X

Quick question: When I load up Terminal or X-Windows on my Mac, and the prompt comes up...what folder am I starting in? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liquidcross
2 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows Terminal Emulators

I have been using NetTerm on various Windows flavors for a while and have just run into a problem with printer passthru (transparent printing) that I can analyse but not resolve. The setup is a Epson TM60 POS Label Printer connected XON/XOFF via COM1 on a Win98SE system. This is controlled... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MickZA
3 Replies

5. SCO

How to export file from terminal to Windows desktop

I have a file in Unix terminal under $, any command can make this file to be transferred to Windows desktop or C:\, I know that I can use software like FileZilla ftp to transfer file from Unix terminal to desktop. But I am really interested in using command to do this job. anyone knows? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wendyz
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

looking for linux like tab terminal for windows

Hello all is there any free tool like linux tabbed terminal but for windows im used to work with putty and its great but i wander if there something like putty but with tabs thanks (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get Unix terminal in windows

Hi, How to get unix look and feel in windows environment where i can execute basic commands like date and complex usage like awk, sed etc and not much storage space is needed. Is there any software that i can install to use the same? Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i.srini89
3 Replies

8. Linux

Only the terminal(command screen) no GUI, for Windows XP ???

Hi All, Am working in a major IT company, due to security issues, being a fresher am not allowed to install or asking for a specific business reason to install it in my system. The thing is i want to learn Linux, due to the same security issues we need Admin pass to install certain... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_ganapathy
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Persistent terminal windows across viewer disconnects

Is there a way to have persistent terminal windows to redhat server across viewer disconnects? I can do that with the help of an extra MS Windows server and rdp, but is there a way of doing that without the Windows server? Here's the scenario. I have multiple redhat servers (VMs) which have no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad101
3 Replies
GEM(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    GEM(4)

NAME
gem -- ERI/GEM/GMAC Ethernet device driver SYNOPSIS
gem* at pci? dev ? function ? gem* at sbus? slot ? offset ? Configuration of PHYs may also be necessary. See mii(4). DESCRIPTION
The gem driver provides support for the GMac Ethernet hardware found mostly in the last Apple PowerBooks G3s and most G4-based Apple hard- ware, as well as many Sun UltraSPARCs. Cards supported by this driver include: o Sun GEM gigabit ethernet (SX fibre variants) o Sun ERI 10/100 o Apple GMAC The GEM family supports hardware checksumming to assist in computing IPv4 TCP checksums. The gem driver supports this feature of the chip. See ifconfig(8) for information on how to enable this feature. SEE ALSO
bmtphy(4), ifmedia(4), intro(4), mii(4), ifconfig(8) Sun Microsystems, GEM Gigabit Ethernet ASIC Specification, http://www.sun.com/processors/manuals/ge.pdf. Sun Microsystems, Sbus GEM Specification, http://mediacast.sun.com/users/Barton808/media/gem_sbus-1.pdf. HISTORY
The gem device driver appeared in NetBSD 1.6. Support for PCI SX fibre cards was added in NetBSD 5.0. Support for SBus SX fibre cards was added in NetBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
The gem driver was written by Eduardo Horvath <eeh@NetBSD.org>. SX fibre support was added by Julian Coleman <jdc@NetBSD.org>. The man page was written by Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>. BUGS
The hardware checksumming support does not support IPv4 UDP, although this was allowed prior to NetBSD 5.0. Also, the hardware IPv4 TCP receive checksumming support has bugs, so this is disabled. On the SX fibre variants of the hardware, the link will stay down if there is a duplex mismatch. Also, packet transmission may fail when in half-duplex mode. BSD
September 15, 2008 BSD