Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Options for csh shell
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Options for csh shell Post 21685 by luiz_fer10 on Tuesday 21st of May 2002 10:18:34 AM
Old 05-21-2002
Question Options for csh shell

Hello,

It's possible to change/put some options of the C-shell, like bold-text, date, etc?

I can't found a web site that have a explanation.

Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding -options to shell scripts

I'm sure this is something simple I am overlooking somehow. I'd like the ability to pass -options into my shell scripts. For example my file called "input.sh" I can do the following: root# ./input.sh 1 and it will result: root#./input.sh 1 You passed me a 1 Just like an init script, etc.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sysera
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

different shell csh bash

I'm always having to work in the cshell, but occasionally want to run a command using bash. is that possible? I know I could write a shell script and call bash at the begining with #!/usr/bin/bash and then my command, is there another way? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding options to a shell script

I want to add options to my shell script but having problems, my code so far is; #!/bin/bash lflag= iflag= while getopts 'l:i:' OPTION do case $OPTION in l) lflag=1 lval="$OPTARG" ;;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paulobrad
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to invoke options automatically

i have a script which has 2 options. a b And a has 6 sub options. i want to write a script which will call the parent script and give options automatically. examle: linasplg11:/opt/ss/kk/01.00/bin # startup.sh /opt/ss/rdm/01.00 Please select the component to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filenames in CSH shell

Hi, I am running into a bit of a problem. I am trying to write a script that will run an interactive (fortran) program repeatedly to dump data across 36 data channels... anyway. I have gotten this far... #!/bin/csh set i=0 while ($i<2) fitsfilter $1<<EOF $i 0 9 1 1 g 2 1250 -100... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madtowneast
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script options

one thing i was trying to figure out is if you can give people the option to choose what they want to do in a shell script. for example, let's just say that you have a simple shell script to install a couple of programs, can you make it to where you can press a certain key to install a certain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hotshot247
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell script with options

Hi All I am little bit confused to write a script. This script needs the options like unix commands i.e. –S to start process. –C to check process. -u : user -p : password like. script should run like this ./script.sh -u username -p ***** -S processname there may... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: atul9806
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding c-shell (csh) scripting

Hi, I'm reading a csh setup script, and came across these lines: ################################ if (! $?PROJECT_ROOT) then setenv PROJECT_ROOT /proj/proj_123 endif ################################ Does the if endif command means, "if there is no variable named "PROJECT_ROOT",... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mar85
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass C shell array to another C shell script(csh) and shell(sh)

Dear Friends, Please help me on this my script name is send.csh In this i have written the statement like this set args = ( city state country price ) I want to pass this array to another c shell called receiver.csh. and i want to use it in this c shell or how to pass to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies
Finance::QuoteHist::StockNod(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Finance::QuoteHist::StockNod(3pm)

NAME
Finance::QuoteHist::StockNod - Site-specific class for retrieving historical stock quotes. SYNOPSIS
use Finance::QuoteHist::StockNod; $q = Finance::QuoteHist::StockNod->new ( symbols => [qw(IBM UPS AMZN)], start_date => '01/01/2009', end_date => 'today', ); foreach $row ($q->quotes()) { ($symbol, $date, $open, $high, $low, $close, $volume) = @$row; ... } DESCRIPTION
Finance::QuoteHist::StockNod is a subclass of Finance::QuoteHist::Generic, specifically tailored to read historical quotes from the StockNod web site (http://stocknod.com/). StockNod does not currently provide information on dividends or splits. Please see Finance::QuoteHist::Generic(3) for more details on usage and available methods. If you just want to get historical quotes and are not interested in the details of how it is done, check out Finance::QuoteHist(3). METHODS
The basic user interface consists of a single method, as shown in the example above. That method is: quotes() Returns a list of rows (or a reference to an array containing those rows, if in scalar context). Each row contains the Symbol, Date, Open, High, Low, Close, and Volume for that date. Quote values are pre-adjusted for this site. REQUIRES
Finance::QuoteHist::Generic DISCLAIMER
The data returned from these modules is in no way guaranteed, nor are the developers responsible in any way for how this data (or lack thereof) is used. The interface is based on URLs and page layouts that might change at any time. Even though these modules are designed to be adaptive under these circumstances, they will at some point probably be unable to retrieve data unless fixed or provided with new parameters. Furthermore, the data from these web sites is usually not even guaranteed by the web sites themselves, and oftentimes is acquired elsewhere. Details for StockNod's terms of use can be found here: http://www.financialcontent.com/web2008/tos.php If you still have concerns, then use another site-specific historical quote instance, or none at all. Above all, play nice. AUTHOR
Matthew P. Sisk, <sisk@mojotoad.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Matthew P. Sisk. All rights reserved. All wrongs revenged. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Finance::QuoteHist::Generic(3), Finance::QuoteHist(3), perl(1). perl v5.12.4 2010-06-07 Finance::QuoteHist::StockNod(3pm)