Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming HPUX and Compaq problem-urgent Post 21271 by Perderabo on Tuesday 14th of May 2002 02:27:22 PM
Old 05-14-2002
Quote:
Originally posted by Shobhit
Hi perderabo

track_ptr = (track_number_t *)str;

Hope to hear from you soon.
You are still dereferencing a pointer after an illegal promotion. That is still illegal. And on an HP, you're risking a segmentation fault.

But the larger issue is that you are assuming that the internal layout of a structure is portable. It's not. Reversing the order of elements may indeed solve the problem of moving from compaq to hp. But you have traded one non-portable program for another. Next time, you may need to port to another box that leaves a gap between bit-fields. What then?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle problem with HPUX 11.0

HI all I think i can get a perfect solution for our problem here. we r using oracle 7i on hpux 11.0 as a billing server .The thing is it used to get hanged sometime and we need to unmount and need to mount the oracle DB then we need to start the oracle process.The process running in that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: edwin_francis
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

URGENT : fsck in HPUX

Experts!!! I have an urgent solution for a problem with the HP Unix workstation. I am not able to check the file system for a particular volume. when i tried with $> fsck -o full /dev/vg00/rlvol9 Returns.. full file system check required... exiting... $> How do i recover the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anent
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

HPUX Login Problem on the console

Hi Everyone, I have an HP3000 server on which I am unable to login to the server.I connected the server to my laptop thru a serial cable and I am unable to login thru any user ..when i enter my login id ..the system gets me back to the login prompt without asking me for a password. Cud u pls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hunk
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

HPUX 10.20 and RAID ARENA EX3 shutdown problem

Hello, I am having a Problem with an Arena EX3 Raid on an HPUX 10.20 Workstation. Everything is working fine until I shutdown the Server and power off the Raid. Then I get a filesystem corruption on the Raid. This happens everytime. The Raid is configured as Raid Level 1. I would really... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nleuenbe
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Problem with HPUX as NIS-Client

Hi all! I am running an NIS Server with Linux. Now I want to configure a HPUX-Server to use this NIS Server. I have don all the configuration stuff exactly as described in the documentation. When I run YPWHICH, it shows me the right server and domain. If I run YPCAT passwd, I'll get the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepade
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

Having problem with mounting in HPUX

Hi Gurus, I'm using HP-UX B.11.23 system. I've been having some problem in mounting a filesystem that has been defined in /etc/fstab as shown below. fstab entries: /dev/vgsap/ora10264 /oracle/PRD/102_64 vxfs rw,suid,nolargefiles,delaylog,datainlog 0 2 /dev/vgsap/orasapreog... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

pwage-hpux-T for Trusted HPUX servers

I'm sharing this in case anybody needs it. Modified from the original solaris pwage script. This modified hpux script will check /etc/password file on hpux trusted systems search /tcb and grep the required u_succhg field. Calculate days to expiry and notify users via email. original solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

hpux-itanium 64 bit problem for libC

i am trying to build on hpux-itanium 64 bit platform. my application needs to link to 64 bit version of the library libCsup.so This library is present in /usr/lib/hpux64/libCsup.so I am specifying the location of this library as linker flags LDFLAGS := -Wl,-N -Wl,+s... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

Problem in Configuring kerberos Server on HPUX

Hi, I am getting this error during kerberos server setup in HPUX 11.31 : kdb_create: unknown LDAP backend error while adding master entry to the database ps -ef|grep ldap root 3905 1 0 13:11:36 ? 0:00 /opt/ldapux/bin/ldapclientd Unable to find out the meaning of this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit Kulkarni
1 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)