Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OpenBSD: dircolors?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers OpenBSD: dircolors? Post 21175 by LivinFree on Monday 13th of May 2002 05:19:46 AM
Old 05-13-2002
Hmm, TERM=ansi...
It sounds like my old enemy, Windows Telnet.

But back to your question....

I just tried it out on my OpenBSD box to no avail!
I had "regular" ls and GNU ls confused...

You could get and install GNU ls (fileutils package), along with dircolors, and related config files if you really wanted it...

Sorry to be misleading before...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

please help with openbsd 2.9

Please help. I have downloaded the openbsd 2.9 snapshot from ftp.openbsd.org. the following files were downloaded from the snapshot dir. ( the whole dir. was downloaded ) base29,bsd,bsd.rd,cdrom29.fs,cksum,comp29,etc29,all three floppy images,game29,index,install.ata,install.chs... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blunt_Killer
11 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Maxtor vs. OpenBSD

Can't setup OpenBSD 3.4 with Maxtor Diamond Plus 9 80Gb ATA/133 HDD... Install process stops at hardware initialize, before installing... :confused: Any Comments... Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsdave
2 Replies

3. BSD

openbsd : cannot login

hi OK. I don't know exactly what I did to system! The system is OpenBSD 3.5. It is 200MMX, 16MB ram 1.2 + 2.4 GB HDD. The system was running well. But a few days ago I try to unpack a big tar.gz file and the system uses most the cpu and ram for this. While the system unpacking the file I try to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fnoyan
4 Replies

4. BSD

OpenBSD security

OpenBSD is best OS in the world! - I'm talking about security :) After 10 years popularity in OpenBSD, was founded just!!!!!!!!!!!!! just one security hole! You can download OpenBSD from there . However, do you know a better OS? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zylwyz
1 Replies

5. BSD

setting up OpenBSD 4.0

ok these questions may be a little silly but I just started using OpenBSD as I came from Linux... 1. How do I make my desktop in X all snazzy like, I have wallpapers that need to be used. while I admit it will mainly be used for things I wont need a wallpaper for, you just never know :p, im... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siphter
4 Replies

6. BSD

OpenBSD and wireless

I've just installed OpenBSD on my laptop (IBM Thinkpad T42) and since this is my first time with wireless networking in OpenBSD I'm a bit lost. What I would like to do is connect to a wireless network using WEP or WPA. Where do I place the key and essid? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timmy66
3 Replies

7. BSD

RAIDing openbsd 4.2

Hello! Can anyone tell me how to make software RAID1 on openbsd 4.2. I try by some manuals but have no results.Maybe is somewhere good manual directly to openbsd 4.2 version? tnx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kasparens
1 Replies

8. BSD

Trying to get into OpenBSD

I am an eight year Linux user and after getting into an argument with someone about OpenBSD overiding my theory that OS security is 50% OS and 50% admin skill, I decided to try OpenBSD for myself. I've tried BSDs before and haven't been able to get into them for day to dy use, but I am going to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies

9. BSD

openbsd-pf

hello , I wondered if anyone could assist me in writing a simple packet filter firewall on my OpenBSD v4.5. All I intend doing is to have two firewalling machine on a separate network : 192.168.1.1 ext_if = xl0 (dhcp) // Internet interface int_if=xl1 // Internatl interface ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattjam
0 Replies

10. Debian

Debian - kernel dircolors daily error 6

I'm using Debian 5.0.4 Lenny. Daily my logs kern.log, messages, and syslog are filled with errors regarding dircolors: I've googled this to death and still haven't found a solution to fix or stop this. I read on man dircolors to: dircolors --version The output I receive on this cmd is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juliej
0 Replies
PF.OS(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							  PF.OS(5)

NAME
pf.os -- format of the operating system fingerprints file DESCRIPTION
The pf(4) firewall and the tcpdump(8) program can both fingerprint the operating system of hosts that originate an IPv4 TCP connection. The file consists of newline-separated records, one per fingerprint, containing nine colon (':') separated fields. These fields are as follows: window The TCP window size. TTL The IP time to live. df The presence of the IPv4 don't fragment bit. packet size The size of the initial TCP packet. TCP options An ordered list of the TCP options. class The class of operating system. version The version of the operating system. subtype The subtype of patchlevel of the operating system. description The overall textual description of the operating system, version and subtype. The window field corresponds to the th->th_win field in the TCP header and is the source host's advertised TCP window size. It may be between zero and 65,535 inclusive. The window size may be given as a multiple of a constant by prepending the size with a percent sign '%' and the value will be used as a modulus. Three special values may be used for the window size: * An asterisk will wildcard the value so any window size will match. S Allow any window size which is a multiple of the maximum segment size (MSS). T Allow any window size which is a multiple of the maximum transmission unit (MTU). The ttl value is the initial time to live in the IP header. The fingerprint code will account for the volatility of the packet's TTL as it traverses a network. The df bit corresponds to the Don't Fragment bit in an IPv4 header. It tells intermediate routers not to fragment the packet and is used for path MTU discovery. It may be either a zero or a one. The packet size is the literal size of the full IP packet and is a function of all of the IP and TCP options. The TCP options field is an ordered list of the individual TCP options that appear in the SYN packet. Each option is described by a single character separated by a comma and certain ones may include a value. The options are: Mnnn maximum segment size (MSS) option. The value is the maximum packet size of the network link which may include the '%' modulus or match all MSSes with the '*' value. N the NOP option (NO Operation). T[0] the timestamp option. Certain operating systems always start with a zero timestamp in which case a zero value is added to the option; otherwise no value is appended. S the Selective ACKnowledgement OK (SACKOK) option. Wnnn window scaling option. The value is the size of the window scaling which may include the '%' modulus or match all window scalings with the '*' value. No TCP options in the fingerprint may be given with a single dot '.'. An example of OpenBSD's TCP options are: M*,N,N,S,N,W0,N,N,T The first option M* is the MSS option and will match all values. The second and third options N will match two NOPs. The fourth option S will match the SACKOK option. The fifth N will match another NOP. The sixth W0 will match a window scaling option with a zero scaling size. The seventh and eighth N options will match two NOPs. And the ninth and final option T will match the timestamp option with any time value. The TCP options in a fingerprint will only match packets with the exact same TCP options in the same order. The class field is the class, genre or vendor of the operating system. The version is the version of the operating system. It is used to distinguish between different fingerprints of operating systems of the same class but different versions. The subtype is the subtype or patch level of the operating system version. It is used to distinguish between different fingerprints of oper- ating systems of the same class and same version but slightly different patches or tweaking. The description is a general description of the operating system, its version, patchlevel and any further useful details. EXAMPLES
The fingerprint of a plain OpenBSD 3.3 host is: 16384:64:1:64:M*,N,N,S,N,W0,N,N,T:OpenBSD:3.3::OpenBSD 3.3 The fingerprint of an OpenBSD 3.3 host behind a PF scrubbing firewall with a no-df rule would be: 16384:64:0:64:M*,N,N,S,N,W0,N,N,T:OpenBSD:3.3:!df:OpenBSD 3.3 scrub no-df An absolutely braindead embedded operating system fingerprint could be: 65535:255:0:40:.:DUMMY:1.1:p3:Dummy embedded OS v1.1p3 The tcpdump(8) output of # tcpdump -s128 -c1 -nv 'tcp[13] == 2' 03:13:48.118526 10.0.0.1.3377 > 10.0.0.2.80: S [tcp sum ok] 534596083:534596083(0) win 57344 <mss 1460> (DF) [tos 0x10] (ttl 64, id 11315, len 44) almost translates into the following fingerprint 57344:64:1:44:M1460: exampleOS:1.0::exampleOS 1.0 SEE ALSO
pf(4), pf.conf(5), pfctl(8), tcpdump(8) BSD
May 31, 2007 BSD