Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux 7.2, Keyboard Problem!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux 7.2, Keyboard Problem! Post 21140 by LivinFree on Sunday 12th of May 2002 05:04:13 AM
Old 05-12-2002
You might try submitting a bug report to Redhat if 7.3 doesn't work any better than 7.2 with your keyboard.

Any normal PC keyboard should at least work with the standard 101-key setting...

I did see, however on the Compaq site, that they've has problems (and provided updates) that the Internet Keyboard will just plain stop working somtimes.
Check here:
http://www.compaq.com/support/files/19501.html
And if your Compaq in a Presario, you're not alone:
http://www.extremetech.com/article/0...=3&ap=4,00.asp

Hmm... Give 7.3 a shot - then try a bug report.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Changing default keyboard layout in Linux

Hi I have Fedora linux with XFCE desktop. I want to use Indic lanquage in that. I have installed unicode devnagri fonts. But I am not able to change my default keyboard layout. How can I change default keyboard layout in XFCE or through command line. Thanks NeeleshG (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Keyboard problem

Hi to everyone I am new at Solaris world so I need little help. I can not put my keyboard to Croatian layout. I tried to edit /etc/default/init and in that file I changed LC_ALL=hr_HR. Also I tried to change my language settings over GUI (input methods and SCIIM) but with no results. Also tried... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

keyboard and mouse dont work after sometime from boot in linux.

when i started booting linux ,after sometime both the mouse and the keyboard are getting freeze and wont respond(also the system gets hanged and all the process running dont go forward) ,nothing seem to work. Keeping in mind that it will work after sometime ,i waited for one hour also ,but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjay.login
1 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

keyboard problem how to insert --> {} \

I have MACOSX Leoparad and MacBook Pro but I am unable to insert the above letters when I am in terminal any help please? e.g. to insert them I need to press alt+shift+) == } but if I do so pressing alt+shift+) nothing works :( ---------- Post updated at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous update was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_lady
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with script invoked from a keyboard shortcut

-EDIT- I have solved my problem below by using a different program. Instead of xsel I am using xclip which basically does the same thing and works fine from a script invoked by a global hotkey. -END EDIT- Hi, I've written a simple script to copy my email address into both the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem getting vertical bar with British keyboard layout on US (physical) keyboard

Hi, I've got a bit of a ridiculous problem and wasn't sure where to post it. I need to use the vertical bar for piping in Bash but, as per the title, am using a UK layout on a US (physical) keyboard which doesn't have a key for it in the place I'd expect. I've tried using xbindkeys and Unicode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
7 Replies

7. Hardware

Linux not booting when keyboard is unplugged

Hello, I have two linux pc towers and both works normally. I have only one keyboard. When i plug the keyboard into the first pc, I connect to 2nd pc remotely and send reboot command. Second pc stucks on black screen. Could you please guide me what I should do? Thanks in advance Boris (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
6 Replies
gnome-keyboard-properties(1)					   User Commands				      gnome-keyboard-properties(1)

NAME
gnome-keyboard-properties - set your keyboard preferences SYNOPSIS
gnome-keyboard-properties [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The Keyboard preference tool allows you to select autorepeat settings for your keyboard, and to configure the sound events that are associ- ated with the keyboard. The Keyboard preference tool also allows you to launch the Keyboard accessibility preference tool. See gnome-acces- sibility-keyboard-properties(1) for more information. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the Keyboard preference tool example% gnome-keyboard-properties EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-keyboard-Executable for Keyboard preferences tool ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-desktop-preferences | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Preference Tools Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-accessibility-keyboard-properties(1), gnome-control-center(1), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 2 Oct 2003 gnome-keyboard-properties(1)