Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl scripting
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Perl scripting Post 21087 by boris888 on Friday 10th of May 2002 10:22:07 AM
Old 05-10-2002
Re: kiddie...

Quote:
Originally posted by crawler
Serious... take a look at your question again. What you're really asking is for someone to script something for you. That, buddy, is LAME. So my suggestion is... goto the library, borrow a book called "Learning Perl" by Randal L. Schwartz and Tom Christiansen (ISBN 1-5692-284-0) and <b>Learn</b> it. Then, you can script the program that you wanted yourself.

#!usr/bin/perl
while (<>){
print "...japh...";
}
ur calling him lame? what's up with the <b> , </b>? Smilie just kidding! no offence, i just like to deflate bubles. you don't have to do the script for him, just give examples! think of it as a compliment that he seeks out your vast wisdom!
boris888

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl scripting

hi Can any one suggest me book for perl scripting on UNIX Platform. Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl scripting

Hi does anyone know how to ouput "I love scripting" to "scripting love I" without using reverse() function in perl? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccp
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in perl scripting.

Hi, To run a perl script i am giving command like this in DOS prompt d:> perl D:\<dir_name>\<dir_name>\sample.pl Its throwing the following error while running the above syntax error at <eval 4> line 1, near "use D:" Can anyone help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvictorvijayan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help configuring Active Perl on Windows Vista.: Perl Scripting on Windows

Hi All, Need help configuring Active Perl on Windows Vista. I am trying to install Active Perl on Windows Vista. The version of Active Perl i am trying to install is : ActivePerl 5.10.1 Build 1006 After installing it through cmd, When i try to run perl -v to check the version, i get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vabiosis
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Shell scripting vs Perl scripting

Hi all, I would like to start developping some good scripting skills. Do you think it would be best to start with shell scripting or Perl? I already got a fundation, really basics, in perl. but I am wondering what would be best to be good at first. Can you please help me determine which one to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
14 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Shell Scripting vs Perl scripting

Gents, I have been working in a Solaris/Unix environment for about 9 months. I took some linux classses online before getting the job. But, I am not very good at scripting. I want to learn how to script. Do you think that I should start with Shell scripting or Perl? I wanted to continue with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

8. Web Development

Perl scripting or shell scripting?

i am going to study any one of the scripting languages mentioned above(shell 0r perl scripting) . Which is having more scope for a fresher? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in PERL Scripting

I am having file xyz.log Its content is like this int main() { d; #ifdef e; f; #else g; #ifdef h. #else i; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naaj_ila
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Scripting

I have create this shell script #!/bin/sh if ; then echo "Usage: ./script <filename>" exit 1 elif ; then fname="$1" fi output="output.txt" i=0 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Evelin90
11 Replies
build-lives-rfx-plugin(1)				      General Commands Manual					 build-lives-rfx-plugin(1)

NAME
build-lives-rfx-plugin - builds rendered effects for LiVES SYNOPSIS
build-lives-rfx-plugin script_name [plugin_dir] -get section file DESCRIPTION
This perl script is used by LiVES to compile an RFX (rendered effect) plugin for LiVES. It is generally called from build-lives-rfx-plugin- multi for a script which has a language code representing LiVES-perl. The script_name must be the full (absolute) path to the plugin script, and plugin_dir can be used to specify the output directory where the compiled plugin should be generated. If plugin_dir is not defined then /tmp is assumed. The second variant with -get is used to print out a script section from a plugin script to stdout. It is generally only used internally by LiVES. Return values The script returns the following values 0 - success 1 - the value of a trigger was greater than the number of parameters 2 - a value could not be read from the script file 3 - the language code of the plugin script was not equivalent to LiVES-perl 4 - the API version level of the plugin script was invalid 5 - the <define> section was missing from the plugin script SEE ALSO
build-lives-rfx-plugin-multi(1), lives(1) AUTHOR
Gabriel Finch a.k.a Salsaman (salsaman@xs4all.nl) May 9 2010 build-lives-rfx-plugin(1)