Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: heap size for JVM!
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory heap size for JVM! Post 21030 by hugo_perez on Thursday 9th of May 2002 09:09:43 AM
Old 05-09-2002
For the AIX:

a- Edit the /etc/security/limits

Note: See the ulimit command.

For Sun (increase of FS):
If Solaris 8, for free learn about solstice disk-suite :

SUNWdsab Solstice DiskSuite 4.2.1 Collection
SUNWmdg Solstice DiskSuite Tool
SUNWmdnr Solstice DiskSuite Log Daemon Configuration Files
SUNWmdnu Solstice DiskSuite Log Daemon
SUNWmdr Solstice DiskSuite Drivers
SUNWmdu Solstice DiskSuite Commands
SUNWmdx Solstice DiskSuite Drivers(64-bit)

Else with wallet: Veritas Volume Manager and Veritas File System

Good luck, Hugo.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

heap size!

I'm a new guy to this field and I'm learning a lot about UNIX! Can any explan to me what exactly does 'heap size' mean and how can i increase the size for AIX 4.3.3? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

monitor jvm heap size

I'm running websphere 4.5 on AIX 5 with java 1.3 and would like to find out the following: How much memory is allocated to each JVM, and how much of the allocated heap size is actually being used by a specific JVM? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to gather weblogic jvm heap size stats

Hello, has anyone written something that will monitor/gather weblogic heap info ? I need to gather size, high/low stats to a file that I can upload to a speadsheet thanks for your help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: galenw
2 Replies

4. Programming

Heap and stack

Hi, I have a basic doubt here. Consider the following code snippet: main() { int *a; . . } Here the memory for a gets allocated in heap or stack. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naan
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Heap size Command--Urgent

Hi Friends, i need a unix command to check the heap space availability on unix system as I am getting following error: Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for object heap Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anji
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Heap fragementation on HPUX

The Resident size(as observed from top) of my process is increasing. But, the behaviour is very random. My process works on request reponse model. So when i put some request load on my process the memory starts increasing. For initial few hours (approx ~3 hrs) it increase at a rapid rate and after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atgoel
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Heap fragmentation on HPUX

Hi All, We are facing issues on HPUX with the C heap region growing. We use a product for CRM by name ClarifyCRM and it uses a native layer for DB access. so there are best practices in place to actual control memory. recently we have seen issues that the C heap region is growing faster than... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramchand75
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking heap memory size for java app

Hi I have one Java application installed in my Solaris system. Is there a way to find out the heap memory allocated size/used size/free size for the particular Java process? If anyone knows the command, please let me know. Even I appreciate if I have any scripts to find out the same. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nthiruvenkatam
0 Replies

9. Programming

find size of heap allocated

I want to find the size of the total memory allocated on the heap for the following statement: int* a = new int;How can I use the sizeof operator for this? I used: printf("\t===> %d\n",sizeof(*a)); Is this statement correct? I have asked the question because when I checked the memory of... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
13 Replies

10. Solaris

How to increase jvm size for solaris 10 (sparc) operating system

Hi, I have solaris 10 (sparc) operating system machine on which I have installed supported weblogic 10.3. It was installed properly. As we know weblogic uses jvm to run and uses a part of jvm memory. But I am facing one problem in which JVM is getting crashed again and again resulting my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeraj.tati
2 Replies
SbHeap(3)							       Coin								 SbHeap(3)

NAME
SbHeap - The SbHeap class is a generic heap class. FIXME: write doc. SYNOPSIS
#include <Inventor/SbHeap.h> Public Member Functions SbHeap (const SbHeapFuncs &SbHeapFuncs, const int initsize=1024) ~SbHeap () void emptyHeap (void) int size (void) const int add (void *obj) void remove (const int pos) void remove (void *obj) void * extractMin () void * getMin () void * operator[] (const int idx) void newWeight (void *obj, int hpos=-1) SbBool buildHeap (SbBool(*progresscb)(float percentage, void *data)=NULL, void *data=NULL) SbBool traverseHeap (SbBool(*func)(void *, void *), void *userdata) const Detailed Description The SbHeap class is a generic heap class. FIXME: write doc. Note: SbHeap is an extension versus the Open Inventor API. Constructor &; Destructor Documentation SbHeap::SbHeap (const SbHeapFuncs &hFuncs, const intinitsize = 1024) Constructor. hFuncs specifies the functions for modifying and returning information about the heap object, initsize specifies the initial number of allocated elements. This array will automatically grow when necessary, but if you know approximately how many elements the heap will contain, you should supply this to avoid some reallocs. SbHeap::~SbHeap (void) Destructor. Member Function Documentation void SbHeap::emptyHeap (void) Removes all the elements from the heap. int SbHeap::size (void) const Returns the number of elements in the heap. int SbHeap::add (void *obj) Adds an element to the heap. Returns the element's heap position. void SbHeap::remove (const intidx) Removes an element from the heap. void SbHeap::remove (void *obj) This is an overloaded member function, provided for convenience. It differs from the above function only in what argument(s) it accepts. void * SbHeap::extractMin (void) Returns and removes the first element in the heap, or NULL if heap is empty. void * SbHeap::getMin (void) Returns the first element in the heap, or NULL if heap is empty. void * SbHeap::operator[] (const intidx) Returns the heap element at index idx in the heap. void SbHeap::newWeight (void *obj, inthpos = -1) Fixes heap if necessary when the element at hpos has changed weight. If you know the element's heap position you can supply it in hpos. SbBool SbHeap::buildHeap (SbBool(*)(float percentage, void *data)progresscb = NULL, void *data = NULL) Builds heap out of randomly ordered data-structure. SbBool SbHeap::traverseHeap (SbBool(*)(void *, void *)func, void *userdata) const Traverses each heap elements, and calls func for each element. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for Coin from the source code. Version 3.1.3 Wed May 23 2012 SbHeap(3)