Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need Good UNIX Reference
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Need Good UNIX Reference Post 20988 by Kelam_Magnus on Wednesday 8th of May 2002 03:42:41 PM
Old 05-08-2002
Here are some very good links.

https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?...20907#post20907

There is an O'Reilly CD called UNIX Bookshelf which is great for reference. It has 6 books in one.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good Unix Shells ?

Hey Guys i am new to Unix and i have downlaoded Cygwin for Windows and deleted it. I was just wondering is there any good shells like that for windows that just as good thanks for your time ][ce (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IceCold
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix book reference

Does anyone here have a favorite? I just wanted to find a reliable book which is meaty in content and still easily understandable.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandarin14
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reference a directory on another Unix server

I want to reference a directory on another Unix server. I have looked at the ln command but have seen information only relating to directories on the same server. Any suggestions? It is IBM AIX Unix 4.3 server. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pengwyn
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a good unix to learn

i want to learn unix and i was wondering if someone could give me a direction to take in which my learning would be easier i started programming in school but i want to know more than what they teach us i am running on win xp which i dont specially like but... so if someone could give me... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: staind_art
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

which linux is good for unix ?

hi ... i want to use linux for unix , please suggest me which linux i should use thanks regards sanjeev (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjeev1
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Variable Reference and Substitution

I can't seem to make what appears to be a simple substitution. I want to define a list of systems for which daily reports need to be filed systems="systemA systemC systemZ" I then want to run a loop for i in ${systems} Analyze statistics Create the reports mailx (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mugsymark
8 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

How to become good UNIX engineer

Maybe my question is quite stupid , but how to become good UNIX engineer. What to read , how to practice ? What a good engineer must know to call himself engineer . :cool: (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
14 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

UNIX reference books

Hi , Can any one send me the best unix book to start. Actually i know the very basic but i need to learn in depth. Please send me the pdf or link.It would be very helpful if you send ASAP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl de-reference code reference variable

Guys, May i know how can we de reference the code reference variable.? my $a = sub{$a=shift;$b=shift;print "SUM:",($a+$b),"\n";}; print $a->(4,5); How can we print the whole function ? Please suggest me regarding this. Thanks for your time :) Cheers, Ranga :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rangarasan
0 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)