Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question regarding BSD:)
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Question regarding BSD:) Post 20857 by PxT on Monday 6th of May 2002 01:26:25 PM
Old 05-06-2002
BSD is just another variant of Unix, based on the "Berkeley Standard Distribution". FreeBSD has versions which will run on just about any hardware platform (including Apple, I believe). Go to www.freebsd.org to find out more info.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

for linux and BSD users interested in Unix system V/bsd

for all you unix/linux interested heres an online book for free that covers the basics of BSD SysV Unix commands and applications . giving the average linux user a perspective on the differences in context of the two operating systems and for BSD users covers material as a refernce guide. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
0 Replies

2. BSD

A question about BSD kernel and driver

I have an old hppa workstation install Openbsd on it,suppose i want to use bktr driver on it,i see bktr is configured on some archs(amd64,i386,ppc) but not on hppa,can i use the bktr driver line from amd64 or i386 in Generic kernel or custom kernel config? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
3 Replies
libgnome-desktop-2(3)						C Library Functions					     libgnome-desktop-2(3)

NAME
libgnome-desktop-2 - experimental GNOME interfaces DESCRIPTION
libgnome-desktop is a collection of volatile interfaces that are in the process of migrating to more stable GNOME libraries. Use these interfaces at your own risk, according to the API documentation. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/lib/libgnome-desktop-2.so FreeDesktop vector graphics library /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/gnome-desktop Location of developer documentation ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-panel | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnome-panel(1), libpanel-applet-2(3), libwnck-1(3), attributes(5), gnome-interfaces(5) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006. SunOS 5.11 31 Aug 2004 libgnome-desktop-2(3)