Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dummieq: How do I delete?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Dummieq: How do I delete? Post 20808 by kapilv on Sunday 5th of May 2002 02:06:13 PM
Old 05-05-2002
What error did it gave ? Was the command executed form the right path ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to delete ^M

Hi, I have a file copied from Windows in which there are many ^M, how can I delete them in VI editor ? Many thanks. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete content in a file (delete content only)

Hi Friends I have a file called processLog.txt file processLog.txt --------------- echo "line starts "$LINE suppCode=${LINE:0:3} #gatewayArchive=`scp root@mrp-gateway:/usr/local/apache/data/PLAT/MIMUS/upload/PROD/archive/112042708173000.txt /home/krishnaveni/scripts/tempFolder` #echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete text between square brackets and also delete those square brackets using sed or awk

Hi All, I have a text file which looks like this: computer programming systems engineering I want to get rid of these square brackets and also the text that is inside these brackets. So that my final text file looks like this: computer programming systems engineering I am using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Need Script to ZIP/SAVE & then DELETE Log file & DELETE ZIPS older than 12 months

ENVIROMENT Linux: Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) iPlanet: iPlanet-WebServer-Enterprise/6.0SP1 Log Path: /usr/iplanet/servers/https-company/logs I have iPlanet log rotation enabled rotating files on a daily basis. The rotated logs are NOT compressed & are taking up too much space. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zachs
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to delete to the list of files in a directory based on last created & delete them

Hi My directory structure is as below. dir1, dir2, dir3 I have the list of files to be deleted in the below path as below. /staging/retain_for_2years/Cleanup/log $ ls -lrt total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nobody 256 Mar 01 16:15 01-MAR-2015_SPDBS2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Shell Script Get & Delete && Upload & Delete

Hi All, Do you have any sample script, - auto get file from SFTP remote server and delete file in remove server after downloaded. - only download specify filename - auto upload file from local to SFTP remote server and delete local folder file after uploaded - only upload specify filename ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weesiong
3 Replies

7. Linux

Mismatch free() / delete / delete [C++]

Dear All, I got the valgrind report as below Mismatch free() / delete / delete at 0x4006895: operator delete(void*) (vg_replace_malloc.c:480) by 0x8EA6D11: corefunction. I supect that it is expect me to write free() instead of delete p1. Given the the code. I have the structure. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
7 Replies

8. Programming

Mismatched free() / delete / delete [] line no missing

Could you tell me the possibilities of the reason to get the Mismatched free() / delete / delete . I unable to see the line no in the valgrind report. it displays the function name. with that function name, I am not able to find where exactly the issue is there.I am getting the Mismatched free()... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rsync with --delete but do not delete peer dirs on target

rsync with --delete won't honor the delete if the source is something/*. I want the delete to work, but not to delete directories on the target that are peer to the intended directory. For example, using these source and target file structures: Source on desktop: ~/ Money/ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JavaMeister
4 Replies
delete(n)							    [incr Tcl]								 delete(n)

NAME
delete - delete things in the interpreter SYNOPSIS
delete option ?arg arg ...? DESCRIPTION
The delete command is used to delete things in the interpreter. It is implemented as an ensemble, so extensions can add their own options and extend the behavior of this command. By default, the delete command handles the destruction of namespaces. The option argument determines what action is carried out by the command. The legal options (which may be abbreviated) are: delete class name ?name...? Deletes one or more [incr Tcl] classes called name. This deletes all objects in the class, and all derived classes as well. If an error is encountered while destructing an object, it will prevent the destruction of the class and any remaining objects. To destroy the entire class without regard for errors, use the "delete namespace" command. delete object name ?name...? Deletes one or more [incr Tcl] objects called name. An object is deleted by invoking all destructors in its class hierarchy, in order from most- to least-specific. If all destructors are successful, data associated with the object is deleted and the name is removed as a command from the interpreter. If the access command for an object resides in another namespace, then its qualified name can be used: delete object foo::bar::x If an error is encountered while destructing an object, the delete command is aborted and the object remains alive. To destroy an object without regard for errors, use the "rename" command to destroy the object access command. delete namespace name ?name...? Deletes one or more namespaces called name. This deletes all commands and variables in the namespace, and deletes all child names- paces as well. When a namespace is deleted, it is automatically removed from the import lists of all other namespaces. KEYWORDS
namespace, proc, variable, ensemble itcl 3.0 delete(n)