Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help moving print jubs to another queue Post 20804 by Perderabo on Sunday 5th of May 2002 10:03:49 AM
Old 05-05-2002
I don't know SCO. But most versions of unix have a lpmove command that does this. Try "man lpmove" to see if it's available on your system.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print Queue Problems

Hi All Does anyone know what is meant by PRINTER STATUS CONNECT concerning print queues? At work we run a Perle/Connectix JetStream 8500 (RJ45 Model) to connect our dot matrix printers and often we get the Connect Status. Nobody I speak to knows what the status means. When the printer... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickbungus
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with print queue

I have a problem with a print queue that keeps going down on me every couple of days. When it happens I run an 'enable' and all is fine for a few more days. Can anyone can tell me where to start looking to debug this problem as i am new to UNIX Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carell
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print to a ps2pdf print queue.

I am trying to create a printer queue, on a SunOS 5.7 system, that outputs a pdf file. There is an application running on the system that has a print button, which sends print files to the default printer. If I disable the printer, I am able to manually capture the files in /var/spool/lp/tmp and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sean_69
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Print to ps2pdf print queue

I am trying to create a printer queue, on a SunOS 5.7 system, that outputs a pdf file. There is an application running on the system that has a print button, which sends print files to the default printer. If I disable the printer, I am able to manually capture the files in /var/spool/lp/tmp and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sean_69
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Print queue not getting flushed

Hi All, I am new to HP-UX and new to administration world. I have a problem with two HP Laser Jet M5035MFP printers which are connected to HP-UX host machines. Problem is that whenver we print a job, the job gets printed very fine but the queue is not cleared. This makes the further jobs on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashgulati
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

print queue jobs

Hi, I have one queue that have status QUEUE and 10 jobs are waiting.Can any one guide me how i can get total number of jobs on this queue.i can see 10 jobs but i need to get count 10 for this queue.Please help me out thanks in advance sagii (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagii
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

print queue jobs

Hi, i m having problem to get number of jobs waiting using lpstat.my printer is out of paper and 10jobs are in queue but i run lpstat -pqname it didnt show any thing.any one have idea whats wrong here. thanks sagii (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagii
2 Replies

8. AIX

Print queue setup

Hi I had setup a print queue named test in the AIX server. When I try to print 96 char per line.. it prints only 80 and the rest is skipped to the next line. however there are 16 spaces left as blank in the first line any help is appriciated (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antointoronto
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] remove all print jobs from a print queue

Hello, Sometimes i need to clear all the jobs of a print queue and it is really annoying to cancel one by one. Is there a way to cancel all print jobs for a specific print queue with a single command instead of cancelling them one by one? My AIX system is 5.3 Thank you for your attention (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
2 Replies

10. AIX

Print queue problems

I am using AIX 5. Just swapped over an HP printer. The old printer was on a JetDirect box. The new printer connects directly to the network. Using the same IP address to print to, so the only alteration I made was to edit the etc/qconfig file to alter the port setting from 9103 to 9100. I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: charding
2 Replies
lpmove(1M)						  System Administration Commands						lpmove(1M)

NAME
lpmove - move print requests SYNOPSIS
lpmove [request-ID] destination lpmove destination1 destination2 DESCRIPTION
The lpmove command moves print requests queued by lp(1) or lpr(1B) between destinations. The first form of lpmove moves specific print requests (request-ID) to a specific destination. The second form of the lpmove command moves all print requests from one destination (destination1) to another (destination2). This form of lpmove also rejects new print requests for destination1. lpmove moves individual requests or entire queues only between local printers or between remote printers, not between a local and a remote printer. You can move only requests that were not previously transferred to the server. When moving requests, lpmove does not check the acceptance status of the destination to which the print requests are being moved (see accept(1M)). lpmove does not move requests that have options (for example, content type or requiring a special form) that cannot be handled by the new destination. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: request-ID The specific print request to be moved. Specify request-ID as the identifier associated with a print request as reported by lpstat. See lpstat(1). destination The name of the printer or class of printers (see lpadmin(1M)) to which lpmove moves a specified print request. Specify destination using atomic, POSIX-style (server:destination) syntax. destination1 The name of the destination from which lpmove moves all print requests. Specify destination using atomic, POSIX-style (server:destination) syntax. destination2 The name of the destination to which lpmove moves all print requests. Specify destination using atomic, POSIX-style (server:destination) syntax. See printers.conf(4) for information regarding the naming conventions for atomic names and standards(5) for information regarding POSIX. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/var/spool/print/* LP print queue. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lp(1), lpr(1B), lpstat(1), accept(1M), lpadmin(1M), lpsched(1M), printers.conf(4), attributes(5), standards(5) System Administration Guide: Advanced Administration SunOS 5.10 8 Feb 2001 lpmove(1M)