Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed/awk String problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sed/awk String problem Post 20772 by odogbolu98 on Friday 3rd of May 2002 12:59:35 PM
Old 05-03-2002
awk/Sed String Problem

Thanks Jimbo for your contribution, that was helpful in pointing me in the right direction.

Keep up the good work.

Odogbolu98

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problem - replacement string should be same length as matching string.

Hi guys, I hope you can help me with my problem. I have a text file that contains lines like this: 78 ANGELO -809.05 79 ANGELO2 -5,000.06 I need to find all occurences of amounts that are negative and replace them with x's 78 ANGELO xxxxxxx 79... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amangeles
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem to add the string(without sed & awk) into the middle of file

Hi, I have tried many times to add the string into the first line of the file or the middle of the file but could not find the solution. I first tried by $echo "paki" >> file This code only append paki string at the end of file "file" but how can i add this "paki" into the first line or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali hussain
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A problem for sed? Remove parts of a string

Hi, My knowledge about sed is limited but I have a problem that I think can be solved with sed. I have a variable in a shell script that stores a lot of path/filenames and the delimitter between them is a space (they all exist on the same line). One part of the filename is the file creation... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcrs
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with sed string substitution

Hi, heres my problem: echo "aaaa(aaaa(aaa" | sed 's/a.*(//g' gives aaa but it should give aaaa(aaa .*( should find any string to the appearance of (, but it finds any string to the last appearance, any idea why, and how to do this? and what if the string ist... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with sed while replacing a string with another

Hi, I have a line something like this sys,systematic,system I want to replace only the word system with HI I used sed for this as below echo sys,systematic,system | sed 's/system/HI/' but I got output as sys,HIatic,system I wanted output as sys,systematic,HI Please tell me... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: friendyboy
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed and white spaced string problem

Consider a string with white space "abc 123" string="abc 123" echo $string abc 123 sed "s/$string/$string 456/" file abc 123 456 cat file abc 123 OK for now, but if you put this one in a shell script it gives the result: abc 456 123 somehow string end in first white space ?? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xramm
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem using sed to match a string

Hi There! I'm stuck with a problem trying to output some sections of a rss feed to my conky program using curl and sed. The rss feed is for tide times and I wish to output the times but not the rest to the conky desktop. To do this I need to pull out the four instances of times that are in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: huffpuff
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in XML file with awk/sed with string from another

Sorry for the long/weird title but I'm stuck on a problem I have. I have this XML file: </member> <member> <name>TransactionID</name> <value><string>123456789123456</string></value> </member> <member> <name>Number</name> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cozzin
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string of a file with a string of another file for matches using grep,sed,awk

I have a file comp.pkglist which mention package version and release . In 'version change' and 'release change' line there are two versions 'old' and 'new' Version Change: --> Release Change: --> cat comp.pkglist Package list: nss-util-devel-3.28.4-1.el6_9.x86_64 Version Change: 3.28.4 -->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies
fegetround(3M)						  Mathematical Library Functions					    fegetround(3M)

NAME
fegetround, fesetround - get and set current rounding direction SYNOPSIS
c99 [ flag... ] file... -lm [ library... ] #include <fenv.h> int fegetround(void); int fesetround(int round); DESCRIPTION
The fegetround function gets the current rounding direction. The fesetround function establishes the rounding direction represented by its argument round. If the argument is not equal to the value of a rounding direction macro, the rounding direction is not changed. RETURN VALUES
The fegetround function returns the value of the rounding direction macro representing the current rounding direction, or a negative value if there is no such rounding direction macro or the current rounding direction is not determinable. The fesetround function returns a 0 value if and only if the requested rounding direction was established. ERRORS
No errors are defined. EXAMPLES
The following example saves, sets, and restores the rounding direction, reporting an error and aborting if setting the rounding direction fails: Example 1 Save, set, and restore the rounding direction. #include <fenv.h> #include <assert.h> void f(int round_dir) { #pragma STDC FENV_ACCESS ON int save_round; int setround_ok; save_round = fegetround(); setround_ok = fesetround(round_dir); assert(setround_ok == 0); /* ... */ fesetround(save_round); /* ... */ } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fenv.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 12 Jul 2006 fegetround(3M)