Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RAID Unix command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers RAID Unix command Post 20735 by zuinc on Thursday 2nd of May 2002 04:19:07 PM
Old 05-02-2002
RAID Unix command

Is there a command used to determine whether or not a machine has been RAIDed besides using 'df -k'. I am interested b/c I am writing a script where I would like to receive some sort of notification as to whether or not a machine has been RAIDed. The simpler the info returned back, the better. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Zuinc

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RAID command

Hi there, could someone please tell me, what the command is called, that does the calculations which help the system to fill gaps, resulting out of loss of discs, in RAID5?! Thank you in advance, Felida (something like ...all?!) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: felida
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Sco 5.0.7 Raid Problems

Hello there guys , I have this problem , i have this hp smart array 641 raid card and i'm trying to install sco unix 5.0.7 and is says no root disk found right before the instalation is about to start. I know that you have to load the driver befor the install bud i really cannot find the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

RAID 0 on Unix

I was wanting to know if anyone knew how to setup RAID 0 on an old HP Unix server. It's for where I work and my boss has two hard drives and wants the second to take over if the first one fails hence RAID 0. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zmachine04
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to view Drive/RAID config in UNIX...

How do you view Drive/RAID configuration in UNIX? We are running an ML370 with 6 drives in it... Version: Sco 5.2.0 Sco Openserver Release 5 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bpoulson
2 Replies

5. SCO

raid 1 configuration in sco open unix

Dear Team , how i can configure raid 1 (mirroring) using ide hdd in sco open unix 5 i have two 80gb identical hdd (same make/model) thanx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
0 Replies

6. AIX

SCSI PCI - X RAID Controller card RAID 5 AIX Disks disappeared

Hello, I have a scsi pci x raid controller card on which I had created a disk array of 3 disks when I type lspv ; I used to see 3 physical disks ( two local disks and one raid 5 disk ) suddenly the raid 5 disk array disappeared ; so the hardware engineer thought the problem was with SCSI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

Hardware RAID in HP Unix rp3440

Hi Gurus, Can anyone tell me the Hardware RAID configuration in HP Unix rp3440 model server containing HP UX B.11.11 OS version. Thanks in Advance. BR, Prasanth (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasanth438
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

RAID Configuration for IBM Serveraid-7k SCSI RAID Controller

Hello, I want to delete a RAID configuration an old server has. Since i haven't the chance to work with the specific raid controller in the past can you please help me how to perform the configuraiton? I downloaded IBM ServeRAID Support CD but i wasn't able to configure the video card so i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
0 Replies

9. SCO

Backup/RAID of HD on Old UNIX Server

I need to be able to make a backup image of an OLD UNIX server HD where I can restore the complete HD from scratch if (when) the HD fails. This server runs the accounting system for a company. I can and have backed the data up via local FTP, but O/S and Apps are so old that I am not sure I could... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrishouse
21 Replies
MFI(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    MFI(4)

NAME
mfi -- LSI Logic & Dell MegaRAID SAS RAID controller SYNOPSIS
mfi* at pci? dev ? function ? DESCRIPTION
The mfi driver provides support for the MegaRAID SAS family of RAID controllers, including: - Dell PERC 5/e, PERC 5/i, PERC 6/e, PERC 6/i - Intel RAID Controller SRCSAS18E, SRCSAS144E - LSI Logic MegaRAID SAS 8208ELP, MegaRAID SAS 8208XLP, MegaRAID SAS 8300XLP, MegaRAID SAS 8308ELP, MegaRAID SAS 8344ELP, MegaRAID SAS 8408E, MegaRAID SAS 8480E, MegaRAID SAS 8708ELP, MegaRAID SAS 8888ELP, MegaRAID SAS 8880EM2, MegaRAID SAS 9260-8i - IBM ServeRAID M1015, ServeRAID M5014 These controllers support RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, RAID 50 and RAID 60 using either SAS or SATA II drives. Although the controllers are actual RAID controllers, the driver makes them look just like SCSI controllers. All RAID configuration is done through the controllers' BIOSes. mfi supports monitoring of the logical disks in the controller through the bioctl(8) and envstat(8) commands. EVENTS
The mfi driver is able to send events to powerd(8) if a logical drive in the controller is not online. The state-changed event will be sent to the /etc/powerd/scripts/sensor_drive script when such condition happens. SEE ALSO
intro(4), pci(4), scsi(4), sd(4), bioctl(8), envstat(8), powerd(8) HISTORY
The mfi driver first appeared in NetBSD 4.0. BSD
March 22, 2012 BSD