Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: aix-oracle
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users aix-oracle Post 20613 by DfctdBwayAdmin on Tuesday 30th of April 2002 09:51:49 AM
Old 04-30-2002
unfortunately oracle does not maintain the help files properly. as i said this is a generic error the output from the system diagnostic tool would be something along the lines of

>oerr ora-0600
//*internal error, contact oracle support for help in diagnosing

they are not much help here. usuall 600's are a result of bus or internal problems which cannot be diagnosed without matching a stack trace from the trace file to an existing case with oracle. this is easiest done in metalink by tyoing the rror and the exceptions in the search box.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle and AIX

Hi @all Who's able to help me? I've a running Oracle DB on AIX 4.3.3. You've also an Oracle Client running for this. So however, how it's possible, that I can see the CURRENT VERSION of my Oracle CLIENT. I've tried several things, but it doesn't work. Thanks a lot! Regards Oliver :( :( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: olli2002
4 Replies

2. AIX

oracle 9i on AIX 5.2

Hello, mornig can you help me whit this error: "Oracle Universal Installer cannot be run" and i can't start the installation of ORACLE 9i... see you later (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joseantoniohv
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 6.1 and Oracle 9.2.0

Hi All, I need to update some AIX servers from 5.2 to 5.3 OR 6.1 . The management is pressing for 6.1, but on our systems runs Oracle 9.2.0 . I couldn't find any clear warning about the possibility of compatibility issues between AIX 6.1 and Oracle 9.2.0 but, on the other hand, I couldn't find... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: padawan75
0 Replies

4. AIX

Aix, Oracle and Java

Hello Im trying to install oracle on my AIX 5.3 server. Im doing all things right as Oracle says... When im trying to run the instalation it gives me an error about JRE. But i already have JRE installed as you can see... Someone can help me or guide me? Im new in with this.. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gfca
1 Replies

5. AIX

oracle 10g on AIX 5

hi can anyone help me by telling step by stem oracle10g installation in AIX 5 . Munir mondolsoft Bangladesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbamunir
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX to Windows Oracle DB

Dear All, I have a requirement where there are applicaions installed in Unix machine that has to update a set of Oracle data base installed in Windows machine, the question I have here is, which protocol alows Unix application to interact with Database in Windows env. and do we require some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prav_06
2 Replies

7. AIX

Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 on AIX 5300-07

Seek help from all of the experts here. Database Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 run on AIX 5300-07. The system is running so slow that sometime 1 click of changing screen will take more than 5 minutes. The hardware in this LPAR is 6CPUs, 21GB-RAM, 42GB-Paging and run on p570 server POWER 5+. And the vmo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle RAC on AIX

I am setting this up on 5.3 and the problem is I cannot remember how to allocate two IP addresses to a NIC. I have setup an alias on EN0 but when I list it with ifconfig -a it still only shows 1 network address (after a reboot). I know there is something I must do but for the life of me cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnf
1 Replies

9. AIX

aix 61 and oracle 11

Hi, we need to upgrade from aix 5.3 oracle 9 to aix 6.1 oracle 11. Our base interest is on vmo and disk setup On aix 5.3 we change lru_file_repage to 0. We split disk layout ( emc cx4 ) to tree volume groups: - one for data base files ( one filesystem over two lun/hdiskpower, block size... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prebila
5 Replies

10. AIX

AIX and Oracle

Hello All, I was approached by DBAs, and they want me to create a large_page on AIX and also change oracle file systems to CIO. They are complaining the system is taking longer time for processing and we are unnecessary wasting memory and CPU for file system cache. To do that I have to change... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: m6248m
12 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORACLE(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORACLE(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_oracle - Manages an Oracle Database instance SYNOPSIS
oracle [start | stop | status | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Resource script for oracle. Manages an Oracle Database instance as an HA resource. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
sid The Oracle SID (aka ORACLE_SID). (unique, required, string, no default) home The Oracle home directory (aka ORACLE_HOME). If not specified, then the SID along with its home should be listed in /etc/oratab. (optional, string, no default) user The Oracle owner (aka ORACLE_OWNER). If not specified, then it is set to the owner of file $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/*${ORACLE_SID}.ora. If this does not work for you, just set it explicitely. (optional, string, no default) ipcrm Sometimes IPC objects (shared memory segments and semaphores) belonging to an Oracle instance might be left behind which prevents the instance from starting. It is not easy to figure out which shared segments belong to which instance, in particular when more instances are running as same user. .sp What we use here is the "oradebug" feature and its "ipc" trace utility. It is not optimal to parse the debugging information, but I am not aware of any other way to find out about the IPC information. In case the format or wording of the trace report changes, parsing might fail. There are some precautions, however, to prevent stepping on other peoples toes. There is also a dumpinstipc option which will make us print the IPC objects which belong to the instance. Use it to see if we parse the trace file correctly. .sp Three settings are possible: .sp - none: don't mess with IPC and hope for the best (beware: you'll probably be out of luck, sooner or later) - instance: try to figure out the IPC stuff which belongs to the instance and remove only those (default; should be safe) - orauser: remove all IPC belonging to the user which runs the instance (don't use this if you run more than one instance as same user or if other apps running as this user use IPC) .sp The default setting "instance" should be safe to use, but in that case we cannot guarantee that the instance will start. In case IPC objects were already left around, because, for instance, someone mercilessly killing Oracle processes, there is no way any more to find out which IPC objects should be removed. In that case, human intervention is necessary, and probably _all_ instances running as same user will have to be stopped. The third setting, "orauser", guarantees IPC objects removal, but it does that based only on IPC objects ownership, so you should use that only if every instance runs as separate user. .sp Please report any problems. Suggestions/fixes welcome. (optional, string, default instance) clear_backupmode The clear of the backup mode of ORACLE. (optional, boolean, default false) shutdown_method How to stop Oracle is a matter of taste it seems. The default method ("checkpoint/abort") is: .sp alter system checkpoint; shutdown abort; .sp This should be the fastest safe way bring the instance down. If you find "shutdown abort" distasteful, set this attribute to "immediate" in which case we will .sp shutdown immediate; .sp If you still think that there's even better way to shutdown an Oracle instance we are willing to listen. (optional, string, default checkpoint/abort) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. Suggested interval: 120. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. methods Suggested minimum timeout: 5. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a oracle resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_oracle ocf:heartbeat:oracle params sid=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="30" interval="120" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/oracle_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 03/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORACLE(7)