Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Removing the ^M character in VI Post 20551 by Perderabo on Monday 29th of April 2002 09:13:44 AM
Old 04-29-2002
Re: Removing the ^M character in VI

Quote:
Originally posted by julesinbath

:1,$s/^V^M//g

The ^V is typed by holding the Control key and then typing a "v". It will display on your screen as just ^. Then you hold the Control key and type a "m". Actually, of course, you can depress the Control key, type v m, then release the control key. But you cannot literally type ^V^M.

My guess is that this is your problem.

BTW, % is a shortcut for 1,$, so here is what I use:
:%s/^V^M//g

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Removing first character in a string

While writing a shell script i happen to store some value in a string. Lets say the value is 59788. Now in this script i want to get the value 9788 removing the first charater 5. The original string length usually remains constant. Is there a single line command to do this or any simple way to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: npn
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing new line character

I'm appending header and trailer record for a binary file using echo "$header" > filename cat oldfilename >> filename echo "$trailer" >> filename The echo is introducing newline character after header and trailer.Please let me know is there any possibility to get rid of newline character. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing ^Z Character in a File

Hi, I am having a pipe (|) delimited file which is having ^Z character in the middle of the text.Could anyone please suggest me how to remove this ^Z Character from the file.I almost used all the ideas posted in this site but none of them worked in my case since tis ^Z character is not coming at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoenix86
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing last character of string

Hi , I have a file with the following contents in file test1.txt . AMY_MTT_240Y001,N60_PG2_10G001,A2H_P3H_10G002,7C7_7D7_NP1,A2E_PV0_10G002,L78_PG1_64S001,A2H_P2M_NP2,LDN_YSN_64S001,WV6_WYV_64... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need some help removing a character from name

I have a file like this: DDD_ABCDE2AB2_1104081408.104480 I need to remove the 1 after the . in the file name so that it reads: DDD_ABCDE2AB2_1104081408.04480 Having some difficulty getting the command to work. I tried using cut -d 26 but that just doesn't work. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing a character

I need to remove square brackets from output of script. Output is: and I need to remove the square brackets so I am lett with 121 Is sed the only means to do this and if so what are the options? ...ok so far I have managed to get rid of ] by using /usr/bin/sed 's/]//' but that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rob171171
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help removing last character of every line if certain character

I need help removing the last character of every line if it is a certain character. For example I need to get rid of a % character if it is in the last position. Input: aaa% %bbb ccc d%dd% Output should be: aaa %bbb ccc d%dd I tried this but it gets rid of all of the % characters.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raptor25
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing last character

Hi, I have a file that has data something like below: A B C D ..... ...... .....and so on I am trying to bring it in one line with comma delimited something like below : A,B,C,D I tried the something below in the code section: cat File.txt | tr '\n' ',' (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing of junk character

Dear ALL, How to remove junk charecter ^M from unix file i am using sun solaris unix. I already tried few commands :%s/^M//g :%s/r//g but it didnt helped me. Any help appriciated. Thanks Ripudaman Please view this code tag video for how to use code tags when posting code... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripudaman.singh
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing the ^M control character

I've got a file where each line is separated by ^M characters. I want to be able to cat the file without those lines. When I cat the file now what I see are blank lines. However, the blank lines are actually ^M characters; when I open the file with vi they show up. X38888 No No No... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
7 Replies
Net::LDAP::Control::SyncState(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Net::LDAP::Control::SyncState(3)

NAME
Net::LDAP::Control::SyncState - LDAPv3 Sync State control object SYNOPSIS
See Net::LDAP::Control::SyncRequest DESCRIPTION
"Net::LDAP::Control::SyncState" provides an interface for the creation and manipulation of objects that represent the "Sync State Control" as described by RFC 4533. CONSTRUCTOR ARGUMENTS
In addition to the constructor arguments described in Net::LDAP::Control the following are provided. state entryUUID cookie METHODS
As with Net::LDAP::Control each constructor argument described above is also available as a method on the object which will return the current value for the attribute if called without an argument, and set a new value for the attribute if called with an argument. SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP, Net::LDAP::Control, Net::LDAP::Control::SyncRequest, Net::LDAP::Control::SyncDone, http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4533.txt AUTHOR
Mathieu Parent <math.parent@gmail.com> Please report any bugs, or post any suggestions, to the perl-ldap mailing list <perl-ldap@perl.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2008 Mathieu Parent. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-07-21 Net::LDAP::Control::SyncState(3)