Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Email alert script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Email alert script Post 20477 by moon on Friday 26th of April 2002 04:44:34 PM
Old 04-26-2002
Question Email alert script

I need to code a script, which will run via cron, every 30 minutes.
The script will read a file containing a date&time and number (which represents disk space). The file gets appended to every 30 minutes. Here's a sample of the file:

CPU 1:04/25/02 1:00 am:1972554
CPU 1:04/25/02 1:30 am:1960223
CPU 1:04/25/02 2:00 pm:1953990

If that value falls below 1000000, I wish to send a email alert to about 3 users that says something like:

"04/25/02 2:00 pm: Check disk space on CPU 1"
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Shell script to send email alert for core dump

Friends, I am in search for a shell script that is capable of running as a cronjob and have to send out an email when ever there is a CORE DUMP. Please post the hints to achieve my goal. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rtatineni
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

email Alert

Hello, I want a script that will scan the file /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf and the folder /etc/httpd/libexec/ -bash-2.05b# grep mod_r /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf LoadModule rewrite_module libexec/mod_rewrite.so AddModule mod_rewrite.c -bash-2.05b# -bash-2.05b# find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need script bash alert email

Hello I have a server it is running more than 5 people Scripts I want to send a warning to the administrator for the main server All is written in the ssh strain For example, when typing the following command "ls" " rm " and other email sends the administrator for the main server About it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: x-zer0
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Script to automate email alert

Hi all, I have a task on my plate which is of high priority. I need an automated email alert that checks FTP notices subdirectory on a daily basis and forwards any word files to a group of people. This word files gets created whenever there is an issue with FTP connectivity. Please help...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stunnerz_84
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Alert a file and sends an email

Hello All, I need a script which alerts me when a files arrive in a directory. I don't need every file. but i need some specific pattern file. And i need to get automatic email gettin as an alert For Example: /a/b/c/ : directory format of file should take regualr expression or manually... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krux_rap
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using top command to email if process is exceeding 25% and sending an email alert if so

This is my first time writing a script and Im having some trouble, Im trying to use the top command to monitor processes and the amount of CPU usage they require, my aim is to get an email if a process takes over a certain percentage of CPU usage I tried grep Obviosly that hasnt worked, Any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jay02
8 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Script to alert with email after a job got successful in monitoring tool

Hi guyz, Please send me a script which is to be sending an automatic email to particular mail id's when a job get complete with status successful. Please send me your script to my mail id : rehan.csjmu@gmail.com Thanks in Advance. ---------- Post updated at 11:33 AM ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rehan Ahmad
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automation script for email alert when a job get complete with status successful.

Guyz, Please let me know about script which is to be sending an automatic email to particular mail id's when a monotoring job get complete with status successful. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rehan Ahmad
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Email Alert in UNIX

Hi There I have to wrote a script where I am able to echo a result of an SQL script, however I want to be able to send an email to myself when it is more than 0 (so whenever a value is returned) is this possible? I tried one way from looking on the web but this didn't work, I have added my... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email alert after termination

I am running the gaussian program on UNIX with bash and I want to form a script that will email me once the output life terminates either "normal termination" or "false" I just started learning this last week so could you let me know how to go about this.:b: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jade_Michael
13 Replies
nqs2pbs(1B)								PBS							       nqs2pbs(1B)

NAME
nqs2pbs - convert NQS job scripts to PBS SYNOPSIS
nqs2pbs nqs_script [pbs_script] DESCRIPTION
This utility converts a existing NQS job script to work with PBS and NQS. The existing script is copied and PBS directives, #PBS , are inserted prior to each NQS directive #QSUB or #@$ , in the original script. Certain NQS date specification and options are not supported by PBS. A warning message will be displayed indicating the problem and the line of the script on which it occurred. If any unrecognizable NQS directives are encountered, an error message is displayed. The new PBS script will be deleted if any errors occur. OPERANDS
nqs_script Specifies the file name of the NQS script to convert. This file is not changed. pbs_script If specified, it is the name of the new PBS script. If not specified, the new file name is nqs_script.new . NOTES
Converting NQS date specifications to the PBS form may result in a warning message and an incompleted converted date. PBS does not support date specifications of "today", "tomorrow", or the name of the days of the week such as "Monday". If any of these are encountered in a script, the PBS specification will contain only the time portion of the NQS specification, i.e. #PBS -a hhmm[.ss]. It is suggested that you specify the execution time on the qsub command line rather than in the script. Note that PBS will interpret a time specification without a date in the following way: - If the time specified has not yet been reached, the job will become eligible to run at that time today. - If the specified time has already passed when the job is submitted, the job will become eligible to run at that time tomorrow. PBS does not support time zone identifiers. All times are taken as local time. SEE ALSO
qsub(1B) Local nqs2pbs(1B)