Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parallel Port info?
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Parallel Port info? Post 20387 by auswipe on Thursday 25th of April 2002 11:39:18 AM
Old 04-25-2002
Most Linux and BSD systems that I have used support the `dmesg` command that will give you vital information on your system.

The dmesg below is for my ports on a FreeBSD box:

Code:
sio0: configured irq 4 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio0 at port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on isa0
sio0: type 8250
sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
ppc0: parallel port not found.

I have them turned off in the BIOS, hence not too much information about them other than I know they use an old 8250 UART.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting info from microannex connected to serial port A

Hi, is there a way to get information of an annex device connected to port A ? i need to get the I.P address of the annex and the port it connected to on the annex. dori (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
1 Replies

2. Programming

parallel port proramming for sun ultra

Hi I'm trying to look for information about reading/writing to the parallel port of a Sun Ultra 5 running Solaris 8. I'd just like to see some basic programs written in C, nothing fancy, just reading and wrting to the port, getting the port address etc. toggling the lines. I've tried searching... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to connect laptop to Unix system via Parallel port

Hi, I have been using a computer to keep track of inventory for my business. I am pretty sure it runs on Unix. In the back of the computer there is some sort of PCI card that has about 8 RJ-11 ports on it. I use that card to connect the Unix system to my 3 VT-220 terminals. I use a simple 6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: john202
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO openserver 6 parallel port issues

I am having issues with SCO recognizing my parallel port. The port is being used so I can run dialogic using a dongle for the serial number but the port is not noticed. It is turned on in the bios and should work fine but when I attempt to run the software I get errno=6 and it appears to not be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shuhemizer
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO openserver 6 parallel port issues

I am having issues with SCO recognizing my parallel port. The port is being used so I can run dialogic using a dongle for the serial number but the port is not noticed. It is turned on in the bios and should work fine but when I attempt to run the software I get errno=6 and it appears to not be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shuhemizer
0 Replies

6. SCO

PCI / PCIExpress Parallel port in SCO 6.0.0

How do or what do I need to add PCI / PCIe (PCI Express) parallel ports add-on adapters to OpenServer 6.0.0? OpenServer 5 could see PCI slots but OpenServer 6.0.0 (Original CD or the Re-cut one) required a maintenance pack to be installed? Is this right and how do I check to see if these work? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxlunatick
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parallel port Printing in SCO OSR6

Hi, I am trying to add a parallel printer to my SCO OSR6 server, yet when I run mkdev parallel it just brings up the message: "Parallel Ports are configured automatically in SCO Openserver 6". So when I try and add a local printer, no /dev/lp# ports are shown in the list, only serial ports... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Martyn
1 Replies

8. Fedora

Sending a byte to the parallel port

Greetings, A sort of newbie question... I would like to control a couple of stepper motors via the parallel port using C code. I have discovered in Linux, the ioperm() function is required before the outportb() function can be used to send a byte to the parallel port. My problem is ioperm()... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meyerga00
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel

Hi Everyone, In my environment, I have few T5220. On the iLOM Management Card, I have both Network and Serial port are cabled, I don't have any issues while I try to connect using Network Management port, but when I try to connect the serial port for the same server which is actually connected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies
STRUCT 
UIO_INFO(9) Device drivers infrastructure STRUCT UIO_INFO(9) NAME
struct_uio_info - UIO device capabilities SYNOPSIS
struct uio_info { struct uio_device * uio_dev; const char * name; const char * version; struct uio_mem mem[MAX_UIO_MAPS]; struct uio_port port[MAX_UIO_PORT_REGIONS]; long irq; unsigned long irq_flags; void * priv; irqreturn_t (* handler) (int irq, struct uio_info *dev_info); int (* mmap) (struct uio_info *info, struct vm_area_struct *vma); int (* open) (struct uio_info *info, struct inode *inode); int (* release) (struct uio_info *info, struct inode *inode); int (* irqcontrol) (struct uio_info *info, s32 irq_on); }; MEMBERS
uio_dev the UIO device this info belongs to name device name version device driver version mem[MAX_UIO_MAPS] list of mappable memory regions, size==0 for end of list port[MAX_UIO_PORT_REGIONS] list of port regions, size==0 for end of list irq interrupt number or UIO_IRQ_CUSTOM irq_flags flags for request_irq priv optional private data handler the device's irq handler mmap mmap operation for this uio device open open operation for this uio device release release operation for this uio device irqcontrol disable/enable irqs when 0/1 is written to /dev/uioX COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 2.6. July 2010 STRUCT UIO_INFO(9)