Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parallel Port info?
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Parallel Port info? Post 20374 by sajjan2 on Thursday 25th of April 2002 09:22:48 AM
Old 04-25-2002
Parallel Port info?

is there a command so that i can se info about the parallel port, if there isn't a specific command for that is there a command so i can se info about the system and all ports and devices?

Thanx
/Nick

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting info from microannex connected to serial port A

Hi, is there a way to get information of an annex device connected to port A ? i need to get the I.P address of the annex and the port it connected to on the annex. dori (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
1 Replies

2. Programming

parallel port proramming for sun ultra

Hi I'm trying to look for information about reading/writing to the parallel port of a Sun Ultra 5 running Solaris 8. I'd just like to see some basic programs written in C, nothing fancy, just reading and wrting to the port, getting the port address etc. toggling the lines. I've tried searching... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to connect laptop to Unix system via Parallel port

Hi, I have been using a computer to keep track of inventory for my business. I am pretty sure it runs on Unix. In the back of the computer there is some sort of PCI card that has about 8 RJ-11 ports on it. I use that card to connect the Unix system to my 3 VT-220 terminals. I use a simple 6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: john202
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO openserver 6 parallel port issues

I am having issues with SCO recognizing my parallel port. The port is being used so I can run dialogic using a dongle for the serial number but the port is not noticed. It is turned on in the bios and should work fine but when I attempt to run the software I get errno=6 and it appears to not be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shuhemizer
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO openserver 6 parallel port issues

I am having issues with SCO recognizing my parallel port. The port is being used so I can run dialogic using a dongle for the serial number but the port is not noticed. It is turned on in the bios and should work fine but when I attempt to run the software I get errno=6 and it appears to not be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shuhemizer
0 Replies

6. SCO

PCI / PCIExpress Parallel port in SCO 6.0.0

How do or what do I need to add PCI / PCIe (PCI Express) parallel ports add-on adapters to OpenServer 6.0.0? OpenServer 5 could see PCI slots but OpenServer 6.0.0 (Original CD or the Re-cut one) required a maintenance pack to be installed? Is this right and how do I check to see if these work? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxlunatick
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parallel port Printing in SCO OSR6

Hi, I am trying to add a parallel printer to my SCO OSR6 server, yet when I run mkdev parallel it just brings up the message: "Parallel Ports are configured automatically in SCO Openserver 6". So when I try and add a local printer, no /dev/lp# ports are shown in the list, only serial ports... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Martyn
1 Replies

8. Fedora

Sending a byte to the parallel port

Greetings, A sort of newbie question... I would like to control a couple of stepper motors via the parallel port using C code. I have discovered in Linux, the ioperm() function is required before the outportb() function can be used to send a byte to the parallel port. My problem is ioperm()... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meyerga00
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel

Hi Everyone, In my environment, I have few T5220. On the iLOM Management Card, I have both Network and Serial port are cabled, I don't have any issues while I try to connect using Network Management port, but when I try to connect the serial port for the same server which is actually connected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies
APLAYMIDI(1)						      General Commands Manual						      APLAYMIDI(1)

NAME
aplaymidi - play Standard MIDI Files SYNOPSIS
aplaymidi -p client:port[,...] [-d delay] midifile ... DESCRIPTION
aplaymidi is a command-line utility that plays the specified MIDI file(s) to one or more ALSA sequencer ports. OPTIONS
-h, --help Prints a list of options. -V, --version Prints the current version. -l, --list Prints a list of possible output ports. -p, --port=client:port,... Sets the sequencer port(s) to which the events in the MIDI file(s) are sent. A client can be specified by its number, its name, or a prefix of its name. A port is specified by its number; for port 0 of a client, the ":0" part of the port specification can be omitted. Multiple ports can be specified to allow playback of MIDI file(s) that contain events for multiple devices (ports), as specified by "Port Number" meta events. For compatibility with pmidi(1), the port specification is taken from the ALSA_OUTPUT_PORTS environment variable if none is given on the command line. -d, --delay=seconds Specifies how long to wait after the end of each MIDI file, to allow the last notes to die away. BUGS
aplaymidi handles "Port Number" meta events, but not "Port Name" meta events. SEE ALSO
pmidi(1) playmidi(1) AUTHOR
Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de> 2 Nov 2011 APLAYMIDI(1)