Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: routing - mandrake
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers routing - mandrake Post 20373 by sTorm on Thursday 25th of April 2002 09:10:32 AM
Old 04-25-2002
That's what I wanted, but it's not the way I wanted to do it. But it works, thus I'll do it. Thx.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Routing Network Traffic With Mandrake

I am running Mandrake 8.0 (KDE ver 2.1.1) on a machine with 2 NICs. This is a college project. I am attempting to configure this machine as a firewall, and to pass packets from one network to another. Eth0 is on my external network. Eth1 is on my internal network. I set the gateway in "netconf"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deuce
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need some help in Linux-Mandrake

OK, well i got it now, but im having alil but of trouble.....Im running mandrake and Im loving it, te little tux racer game...heh heh, but to the point here, Im trying to access my CD-ROM drive from the KDE desktop, and an error prompt shows up and says, "you do not have access rights to this..."... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LolapaloL
2 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Mandrake 8.1

Hi all, I have copied three .ISO files for Mandrake 8.1 from a Linux DVD onto my work LAN. They are: Mandrake81-cd1-inst.I586.iso Mandrake81-cd2-ext.I586.iso Mandrake81-cd3-supp.I586.isoThey're all +650M in size and I'd like to know what I need to do in order to create the three CD's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mandrake 7.0 and X

I have problems. I have to use Mandrake 7.0 for a college course and I have it installed and I can do all the command line stuff, but I want to get to the GUI. Problem is, I can't start X. SO, after doing some searching on google, I downloaded XFree86 4.0.1 and the latest driver for my video... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ober5861
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mandrake and os X

can i run mac os X stuff in mandrake? on a intel computer? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicrawler
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mandrake

I read the old posts about dual booting windows and linux, and I just wanted to clarify something: If I buy the mandrake version of linux, will that by itself partition the hard drive, or do I still have to get a copy of partition magic? If the mandrake version can do it, is it an easy process? ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: luke314pi
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help mandrake os

my hdd root dir keeps dumping on me but when i install i use native linux format i i lost again yesterday is there a recovery methead? or a safe mode that i can go into ? i made a boot disk is it wise to let the formater program to auto alcate? give me a 5gb root drive and a 37gb home i relly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2000
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redhat 8.0 vs Mandrake 9.0

Hi all, Q1: Of the two distributions, which is better suited to learn with ?? Q2: I have a 20G HD - how should I distribute the partitions?? Or should I just leave as one(1) partition and ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cameron
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mandrake 10

i just got mandrake 10 and i installed xine the latest why does it crash my xserver and how do i fix this problem in mandrake 8 - 9.2 i had no problmes with xine until now with 10 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2004
2 Replies

10. Linux

mandrake

I just installed mandrake 9.2, and all I want right now is for gaim to allow me to use msn.. The version I got now is 0.59.? and I have tried to get the latest version but when I downloaded the rpm it said that there were errors... can someone help... for my rpm packaging I have went to Urpmi and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flimzzy
3 Replies
Wanted(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       Wanted(3pm)

NAME
File::Find::Wanted - More obvious wrapper around File::Find VERSION
Version 1.00 SYNOPSIS
File::Find is a great module, except that it doesn't actually find anything. Its "find()" function walks a directory tree and calls a callback function. Unfortunately, the callback function is deceptively called "wanted", which implies that it should return a boolean saying whether you want the file. That's not how it works. Most of the time you call "find()", you just want to build a list of files. There are other modules that do this for you, most notably Richard Clamp's great File::Find::Rule, but in many cases, it's overkill, and you need to learn a new syntax. With the "find_wanted" function, you supply a callback sub and a list of starting directories, but the sub actually should return a boolean saying whether you want the file in your list or not. To get a list of all files ending in .jpg: my @files = find_wanted( sub { -f && /.jpg$/ }, $dir ); For a list of all directories that are not CVS or .svn: my @files = find_wanted( sub { -d && !/^(CVS|.svn)$/ }, $dir ) ); It's easy, direct, and simple. WHY DO THIS
? The cynical may say "that's just the same as doing this": my @files; find( sub { push @files, $File::Find::name if -f && /.jpg$/ }, $dir ); Sure it is, but File::Find::Wanted makes it more obvious, and saves a line of code. That's worth it to me. I'd like it if find_wanted() made its way into the File::Find distro, but for now, this will do. FUNCTIONS
find_wanted( &wanted, @directories ) Descends through @directories, calling the wanted function as it finds each file. The function returns a list of all the files and directories for which the wanted function returned a true value. This is just a wrapper around "File::Find::find()". See File::Find for details on how to modify its behavior. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2005-2012 Andy Lester. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the Artistic License v2.0. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-08 Wanted(3pm)