Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: routing - mandrake
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers routing - mandrake Post 20370 by sTorm on Thursday 25th of April 2002 08:30:58 AM
Old 04-25-2002
routing - mandrake

I added a route entry with the route command. When I restart the network, this entry is gone. Therefore I wanted to edit the routing table by hand, but I didn't found a file to edit. Where is it?

I'm using Mandrake 8.1.
Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Routing Network Traffic With Mandrake

I am running Mandrake 8.0 (KDE ver 2.1.1) on a machine with 2 NICs. This is a college project. I am attempting to configure this machine as a firewall, and to pass packets from one network to another. Eth0 is on my external network. Eth1 is on my internal network. I set the gateway in "netconf"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deuce
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need some help in Linux-Mandrake

OK, well i got it now, but im having alil but of trouble.....Im running mandrake and Im loving it, te little tux racer game...heh heh, but to the point here, Im trying to access my CD-ROM drive from the KDE desktop, and an error prompt shows up and says, "you do not have access rights to this..."... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LolapaloL
2 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Mandrake 8.1

Hi all, I have copied three .ISO files for Mandrake 8.1 from a Linux DVD onto my work LAN. They are: Mandrake81-cd1-inst.I586.iso Mandrake81-cd2-ext.I586.iso Mandrake81-cd3-supp.I586.isoThey're all +650M in size and I'd like to know what I need to do in order to create the three CD's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mandrake 7.0 and X

I have problems. I have to use Mandrake 7.0 for a college course and I have it installed and I can do all the command line stuff, but I want to get to the GUI. Problem is, I can't start X. SO, after doing some searching on google, I downloaded XFree86 4.0.1 and the latest driver for my video... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ober5861
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mandrake and os X

can i run mac os X stuff in mandrake? on a intel computer? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicrawler
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mandrake

I read the old posts about dual booting windows and linux, and I just wanted to clarify something: If I buy the mandrake version of linux, will that by itself partition the hard drive, or do I still have to get a copy of partition magic? If the mandrake version can do it, is it an easy process? ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: luke314pi
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help mandrake os

my hdd root dir keeps dumping on me but when i install i use native linux format i i lost again yesterday is there a recovery methead? or a safe mode that i can go into ? i made a boot disk is it wise to let the formater program to auto alcate? give me a 5gb root drive and a 37gb home i relly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2000
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redhat 8.0 vs Mandrake 9.0

Hi all, Q1: Of the two distributions, which is better suited to learn with ?? Q2: I have a 20G HD - how should I distribute the partitions?? Or should I just leave as one(1) partition and ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cameron
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mandrake 10

i just got mandrake 10 and i installed xine the latest why does it crash my xserver and how do i fix this problem in mandrake 8 - 9.2 i had no problmes with xine until now with 10 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2004
2 Replies

10. Linux

mandrake

I just installed mandrake 9.2, and all I want right now is for gaim to allow me to use msn.. The version I got now is 0.59.? and I have tried to get the latest version but when I downloaded the rpm it said that there were errors... can someone help... for my rpm packaging I have went to Urpmi and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flimzzy
3 Replies
Route classifier in tc(8)					       Linux						 Route classifier in tc(8)

NAME
route - route traffic control filter SYNOPSIS
tc filter ... route [ from REALM | fromif TAG ] [ to REALM ] [ classid CLASSID ] [ action ACTION_SPEC ] DESCRIPTION
Match packets based on routing table entries. This filter centers around the possibility to assign a realm to routing table entries. For any packet to be classified by this filter, a routing table lookup is performed and the returned realm is used to decide on whether the packet is a match or not. OPTIONS
action ACTION_SPEC Apply an action from the generic actions framework on matching packets. classid CLASSID Push matching packets into the class identified by CLASSID. from REALM fromif TAG Perform source route lookups. TAG is the name of an interface which must be present on the system at the time of tc invocation. to REALM Match if normal (i.e., destination) routing returns the given REALM. EXAMPLES
Consider the subnet 192.168.2.0/24 being attached to eth0: ip route add 192.168.2.0/24 dev eth0 realm 2 The following route filter will then match packets from that subnet: tc filter add ... route from 2 classid 1:2 and pass packets on to class 1:2. NOTES
Due to implementation details, realm values must be in a range from 0 to 255, inclusive. Alternatively, a verbose name defined in /etc/iproute2/rt_realms may be given instead. SEE ALSO
tc(8), ip-route(8) iproute2 21 Oct 2015 Route classifier in tc(8)