Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple Network Card Status Script Post 20327 by Krusty on Wednesday 24th of April 2002 03:18:28 PM
Old 04-24-2002
Question Multiple Network Card Status Script

I have multiple Sun Solaris 8 systems running multiple network cards. (Mix of quad and gig cards.)

What I would like to do is create a monitor script to ensure high availability of these cards.

Has anyone ever had a situation like this?

I was thinking of using the ping command, but am not sure if that is the most efficient way to go.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks.

-K

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

network card

I have a UnixWare 2 server that has an ISA 3Com NIC that has just a BNC connector on it. I want to remove this and install an ISA 3Com NIC that has a BNC/RJ45 connector. What steps do I have to go through to successfully complete this? Thye are almost the exact same cards except for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cparks
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Network Card Help

I have been having trouble with my sis900 neytwork card in slacwkare linux. I tried to modprobe the sis900, it didnt give me any errors but it didnt load it. so I put in a realtek 8139 network card and tried it too. These are the errors i get with the two cards when trying to do insmod on either of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Fridgerator
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network card and internet

Hi!. I have problems installing my network card under ther redhat kernel. First i tryed my integrated intel pro set 10/100 then my d-link 530tx Pci but none of them seems to be found. also i huse my network card to connect to the net trough PPPOE where i need to type my username and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gibbler
3 Replies

4. Programming

LAN card status Information

Please tell me API in Solaris / Linux / UNIX to get status information of LAN card. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I tell which network card is which?

I have three network cards in my unix box. I need to figure out which card corresponds to an assigned IP address. If there some command in unix I can use to make an ethernet interface blink? Any advice would be appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create a script to setup the network card

Hello! Trying to build a script which will do the following: 1.) Due to continued stalling after each reboot will consider the uptime of the server and if it is less than 30 sec to load the following settings on your network. essentially 2.) What interests me primarily is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anargi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Network script for ping status

Actually I am using Red hat Linux 4.4 version. I want to check the 16 client pc status of connection from server.Whether the connection is available or not.I tried to develop the shell script for this code.But It don't work properly.I am a self study learner.Please give me a shell script for this... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to check multiple jobs runninng status

Hi Folks, Please help me ,I need a unix shell script to check for multiple jobs running. if there are multiple backup Jobs running then it should be trigger an email . Thanks, Anand T (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nandu67
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check status of long running multiple curl commands in shell script

I am working on script. it reads a file which contains multiple lines Ex; curl --write-out %{http_code} --silent --output /dev/null http://hostname:port/input=1 curl --write-out %{http_code} --silent --output /dev/null http://hostname:port/input=2 curl --write-out %{http_code} --silent ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
2 Replies
FISH(6) 							 BSD Games Manual							   FISH(6)

NAME
fish -- play ``Go Fish'' SYNOPSIS
fish [-p] DESCRIPTION
fish is the game ``Go Fish'', a traditional children's card game. The computer deals the player and itself seven cards, and places the rest of the deck face-down (figuratively). The object of the game is to collect ``books'', or all of the members of a single rank. For example, collecting four 2's would give the player a ``book of 2's''. The options are as follows: -p Professional mode. The computer makes a random decision as to who gets to start the game, and then the computer and player take turns asking each other for cards of a specified rank. If the asked player has any cards of the requested rank, they give them up to the asking player. A player must have at least one of the cards of the rank they request in their hand. When a player asks for a rank of which the other player has no cards, the asker is told to ``Go Fish!''. Then, the asker draws a card from the non-dealt cards. If they draw the card they asked for, they con- tinue their turn, asking for more ranks from the other player. Otherwise, the other player gets a turn. When a player completes a book, either by getting cards from the other player or drawing from the deck, they set those cards aside and the rank is no longer in play. The game ends when either player no longer has any cards in their hand. The player with the most books wins. fish provides instructions as to what input it accepts. BUGS
The computer cheats only rarely. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD