Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ethernet
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Ethernet Post 20315 by Kelam_Magnus on Wednesday 24th of April 2002 01:41:16 PM
Old 04-24-2002
Please post configuration with netstat -rn

Your system will have some kind of configuration file for network.

Please post what you have when you configure it. Please use "netstat -rn" to show settings and ifconfig to configure network settings.

here is the manpage for ifconfig.

#man ifconfig (partial)
"DESCRIPTION
The first form of the ifconfig command assigns an address to a network interface and/or configures network interface parameters. ifconfig must be used at boot time to define the network address of each interface present on a machine. It can also be used at other times to redefine an interface's address or other operating parameters."

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ethernet Initialisation

I am using Red Hat 7.1 . I have installed one Server and trying to make network installing workstations on other system of a network. The Ethernet of the server has been mounted and working properly. I am getting problem installing /mounting the Ethernet of the workstations .I have tryed this by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: at_renai2001
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Ethernet sniff.

I suspect that someone is using a sniffer on my Ethernet connection, OS X 10.3.9, DSL, ok, I'm in terminal using the "ifconfig" command > flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST>mtu 16384 right, it's not in "promiscuous mode", but i think it's Trojaned, can anyone point me in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: su"do"er
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Virtual Ethernet

I understand that one should setup virtual ethernet adapters in the lpars which is the best way for various lpars to communicate with each other - Does anyone have info on this or can point me to a doc that explains how to set this up? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: capeme
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

ethernet card

What command do I use to show mw the ethernet card, I have tried ipconfig -a (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhlopomo
1 Replies

5. Solaris

ethernet problem

Boot device: /pci@8,600000/SUNW,qlc@4/fp@0,0/disk@w500000e0103c3391,0:a File and args: SunOS Release 5.8 Version Generic_108528-29 64-bit Copyright 1983-2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. ifconfig: plumb: qfe2: Bad file number configuring IPv4 interfaces: eri0. moving addresses... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fredginting
1 Replies

6. AIX

ethernet down

Hello everyone I have a problem with one server, has Aix 5.3 in the errpt has this message IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION F3931284 0105133009 I H ent0 ETHERNET NETWORK RECOVERY MODE EC0BCCD4 0105133009 T H ent0 ETHERNET DOWN F3931284 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
4 Replies

7. Solaris

ethernet

my solris box network is unreachable how to solve this ipaddress assiagning and entry in vi /etc/host how to solve network is unreachable (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
2 Replies

8. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

9. Linux

ethernet bonding

I need to enable Ethernet Bonding on three systems, connected together via switch. What I tried ended up with failure, slaves cannot be detected n added to bon0. Here's what I did: created file /etc/modprobe.d/bonding.d and added the following to it: alias bond0 bonding options bonding... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_mabuse
2 Replies
EDSC(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   EDSC(4)

NAME
edsc -- Ethernet discard network interface SYNOPSIS
device edsc DESCRIPTION
The edsc interface is a software discard mechanism which may be used for performance analysis and software testing. It imitates an Ethernet device, which allows for its use in conjunction with such drivers as if_bridge(4) and vlan(4). As with other network interfaces, an edsc interface must have network addresses assigned for each address family with which it is to be used. These addresses may be set or changed with the SIOCSIFADDR ioctl(2) or ifconfig(8) utility. Each edsc interface is created at runtime using interface cloning. This is most easily done with the ifconfig(8) create command or using the cloned_interfaces variable in rc.conf(5). SEE ALSO
ioctl(2), arp(4), if_bridge(4), inet(4), intro(4), vlan(4), rc.conf(5), arp(8), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The edsc device was derived from the disc(4) device and first appeared in FreeBSD 6.3. This manpage was adapted from disc(4). CAVEATS
Since outgoing packets are just discarded by edsc, ARP requests stay unreplied. Consequently, an IP packet cannot be sent via edsc until a static arp(4) entry is created for its next hop using arp(8). Initially an edsc interface has a zero link level address. It can be changed with ifconfig(8) lladdr if needed. BSD
March 25, 2007 BSD