Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Filestructure in UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Filestructure in UNIX Post 20291 by jonas2k on Wednesday 24th of April 2002 07:26:37 AM
Old 04-24-2002
Lightbulb Filestructure in UNIX

SO, I wasa wondering, what the differences between WIndows file structur/managing and UNIX?

Thanks

/moi

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX problem? Unix programm runs windows 2000 CPU over 100%

Okee problems...!! What is happening: Unix server with some programms, workstations are windows 2000, the workstations work good but when you start a programm on the Unix server the CPU of the workstations go to 100% usage resulting that the system gets very slow. The programm well its running so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix History Question: Why are filenames/dirnames case sentsitive in Unix?

I tried looking for the answer online and came up with only a few semi-answers as to why file and directory names are case sensitive in Unix. Right off the bat, I'll say this doesn't bother me. But I run into tons of Windows and OpenVMS admins in my day job who go batty when they have to deal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

missing Path(in UNIX) when i launch a job on to unix machine using windows SSh

hi i want run an unix application from a windows program/application.i am using SSH(command line version)to log on to a unix machine from windows. the application has to read a configuration file inorder to run. the configuration file .CFG is in bin in my home directory. but the application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script for sending a file from one unix directory to another unix server director

Hi, My local server is :/usr/abcd/ Remote server is :/Usr/host/test/ I want to send files from local unix directory(All files starting with O_999) to remote host unix directory. Can any body give me the Unix Shell script to do this. One more doubt: Shall we need to change the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raja_1234
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX

Dear All, Can someone help to command or program to transfer the file from windows to Unix server and from one unix server to another Unix server in secure way. I would request no samba client. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies
g_gyrate(1)					 GROMACS suite, VERSION 4.5.4-dev-20110404-bc5695c				       g_gyrate(1)

NAME
g_gyrate - calculates the radius of gyration VERSION 4.5.4-dev-20110404-bc5695c SYNOPSIS
g_gyrate -f traj.xtc -s topol.tpr -n index.ndx -o gyrate.xvg -acf moi-acf.xvg -[no]h -[no]version -nice int -b time -e time -dt time -[no]w -xvg enum -nmol int -[no]q -[no]p -[no]moi -nz int -acflen int -[no]normalize -P enum -fitfn enum -ncskip int -beginfit real -endfit real DESCRIPTION
g_gyrate computes the radius of gyration of a group of atoms and the radii of gyration about the x-, y- and z-axes, as a function of time. The atoms are explicitly mass weighted. With the -nmol option the radius of gyration will be calculated for multiple molecules by splitting the analysis group in equally sized parts. With the option -nz 2D radii of gyration in the x-y plane of slices along the z-axis are calculated. FILES
-f traj.xtc Input Trajectory: xtc trr trj gro g96 pdb cpt -s topol.tpr Input Structure+mass(db): tpr tpb tpa gro g96 pdb -n index.ndx Input, Opt. Index file -o gyrate.xvg Output xvgr/xmgr file -acf moi-acf.xvg Output, Opt. xvgr/xmgr file OTHER OPTIONS
-[no]hno Print help info and quit -[no]versionno Print version info and quit -nice int 19 Set the nicelevel -b time 0 First frame (ps) to read from trajectory -e time 0 Last frame (ps) to read from trajectory -dt time 0 Only use frame when t MOD dt = first time (ps) -[no]wno View output .xvg, .xpm, .eps and .pdb files -xvg enum xmgrace xvg plot formatting: xmgrace, xmgr or none -nmol int 1 The number of molecules to analyze -[no]qno Use absolute value of the charge of an atom as weighting factor instead of mass -[no]pno Calculate the radii of gyration about the principal axes. -[no]moino Calculate the moments of inertia (defined by the principal axes). -nz int 0 Calculate the 2D radii of gyration of slices along the z-axis -acflen int -1 Length of the ACF, default is half the number of frames -[no]normalizeyes Normalize ACF -P enum 0 Order of Legendre polynomial for ACF (0 indicates none): 0, 1, 2 or 3 -fitfn enum none Fit function: none, exp, aexp, exp_exp, vac, exp5, exp7, exp9 or erffit -ncskip int 0 Skip N points in the output file of correlation functions -beginfit real 0 Time where to begin the exponential fit of the correlation function -endfit real -1 Time where to end the exponential fit of the correlation function, -1 is until the end SEE ALSO
gromacs(7) More information about GROMACS is available at <http://www.gromacs.org/>. Mon 4 Apr 2011 g_gyrate(1)