Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do i write a mail from a script Post 2026 by arunava_maity on Saturday 14th of April 2001 03:46:16 AM
Old 04-14-2001
Hi all,
How do i send a mail using mailx r mail command from a script with the following information along with it
a) the mail should be send to a person with a CC to some other person
b)with a subject
c) with a message.
this mail has to be send withing a script so u cannot pass any command line arguments. I mean to say that based on some condition the command has to be executed with the following things

Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Arunava

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I write a HTML file in UNIX and sent it as a body of a mail

Hi, How can I write a HTML file in Unix. Once I do that, I want to send this file as a body of a mail, along with writing a subject for the mail I am sending through unix. How can that be done? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: diwa81
0 Replies

2. Solaris

how to forward mail in /var/mail/username to external mail

Dear All, Now I use solaris 10 and I try to forward mail from /var/mail/username to their external mail so what should I do? thank u in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to read mail on a mail server

Hi All, Is there any way Unix shell script can directly read a mail on a mail server (for eg. abc@xyz.com) and save it as a text file in a unix directory ? Thanks PRKS ---------- Post updated at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:36 AM ---------- I am using ksh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PRKS
1 Replies

4. Solaris

mail: Write error in copymt()

I hate Monday's... Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS 5.10 Generic January 2005 You have new mail. DONE! root@bender:/> mail mail: Write error in copymt() Google seems to come up short for this error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ippy98
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write a shellscript to send a mail alert to the website user based on license expiration time

hi, i am very much new to shell scripting i have a requirement that i have to develop a License Renewal Alert system that has to give a alert mail to the users before 30days of user account expiration, by checking expiration date of the user with the data base, this system will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepu_Shscripts
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write this script:- check output word and send a mail?

Hi Guys, I am not Good at scripting. I need to write a script such that if output of command shows the particular word in output then send mail to abc@compay.com -bash-3.2$ ps -ef | grep bpbkar root 6040 1 0 13:05:19 ? 0:00 bpbkar -r 2678400 -ru root -dt 47395 -to 0... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
20 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to write a UNIX script to send a mail to the respective individual users about their groups?

Hi Team, I got a requirement to send a mail to the individual users of a unix server about their respective groups. can some one help me to provide the script as I am unable to write that. I tried with below lines but I come out with errors. cat /etc/passwd | awk -F':' '{ print $1}' |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshabag
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
mail(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  mail(1B)

NAME
mail, Mail - interactive message processing system SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/mail ... /usr/ucb/Mail ... DESCRIPTION
/usr/ucb/mail and /usr/ucb/Mail are provided as links to /usr/bin/mailx. See mailx(1) for more information on the usage of these commands. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: /usr/ucb/mail +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ /usr/ucb/Mail +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mailx(1),attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 19 Aug 1998 mail(1B)