Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: get number of a port
Special Forums Cybersecurity get number of a port Post 20237 by PxT on Tuesday 23rd of April 2002 12:20:04 PM
Old 04-23-2002
"netstat -an" will show you which ports are currently in use on your machine. Is this what you are asking?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP Port Number

On HP-UX 11 how do I get the port number of an active ftp connection? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbb
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to know port number

Hi expert, I wanted to know in which port my apache is running in solaris box thanks Shaan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shaan_dmp
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

port number

hi all i want to connect a system, how can i know the port number of a system. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tukuna82
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Finding port number !!

Hi all , I want know the port no on which a particular application is running. How to find that? Thanks in anticipation (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
11 Replies

5. IP Networking

Binding the port number.

Hi all, Application A is using an port number 100 and is binded to an interface 1. Application B is using an port number 100 and is binded to an interface 2. can we bind the two applications on same port number based on interfaces. what i want to know is two... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaypdp2006
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get Port number alone from the list

~]#netstat -vatn | grep LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:34895 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:111 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 192.168.122.1:53 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Port number file

In which file inside the application code we can find the list of port numbers that the application is entitled to listen? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: p_gautham12
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract port number?

Hi my code is as follow: stringA=`cat /s01/oracle/11.2/network/admin/listener.ora | grep "PORT"` stringB=`cat $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/listener.ora | grep "PORT"` stringC="PORT" echo ${stringA} echo ${stringB} echo ${stringC} position=`expr index "$stringB" "stringC"` echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
2 Replies

9. Solaris

To get process id for port number

Hi All, How to get the list of port numbers and it is correspoding proceses id that are currently running on. Please suggest and it is urgent Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
7 Replies

10. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
inet_type(4)							   File Formats 						      inet_type(4)

NAME
inet_type - default Internet protocol type SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/inet_type DESCRIPTION
The inet_type file defines the default IP protocol to use. Currently this file is only used by the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. The inet_type file can contain a number of <variable>=<value> lines. Currently, the only variable defined is DEFAULT_IP, which can be assigned a value of IP_VERSION4, IP_VERSION6, or BOTH. The output displayed by the ifconfig and netstat commands can be controlled by the value of DEFAULT_IP set in inet_type file. By default, both commands display the IPv4 and IPv6 information available on the system. The user can choose to suppress display of IPv6 information by setting the value of DEFAULT_IP. The following shows the possible values for DEFAULT_IP and the resulting ifconfig and netstat output that will be displayed: IP_VERSION4 Displays only IPv4 related information. The output displayed is backward compatible with older versions of the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. IP_VERSION6 Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. BOTH Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. The command-line options to the ifconfig and netstat commands override the effect of DEFAULT_IP as set in the inet_type file. For example, even if the value of DEFAULT_IP is IP_VERSION4, the command example% ifconfig -a6 will display all IPv6 interfaces. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Suppressing IPv6 Related Output This is what the inet_type file must contain if you want to suppress IPv6 related output: DEFAULT_IP=IP_VERSION4 SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), netstat(1M) SunOS 5.10 16 Jun 1999 inet_type(4)