Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: O S for new bare PC
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers O S for new bare PC Post 20188 by Alrichards on Monday 22nd of April 2002 09:18:42 PM
Old 04-22-2002
Bug

Thanx for the info and advice. My current trouble was caused by a defective 'brand new' Maxtor 30 gig HD. I installed my old 15 Gig and the system works fine, I also had to reset the CMOS. Al

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bare message script

hey is there a way or write a scipt to send messages to other people without using pre existing applications such as "write" or "to" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yngwie
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing filesnames in bare format with fullpath

Hi, Need help. How can I get a listing of files in bare format with full path. I mean in the following format. /root/dir1/sub-dir1/file1 /root/dir1/sub-dir1/file2 /root/dir1/sub-dir2/file1 /root/dir1/sub-dir2/file2 /root/dir2/sub-dir1/file1 /root/dir2/sub-dir2/file1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tipsy
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is PXE boot bare-metal

hi members i am reading RHEL and i am unable to under stand about PXE boot and bare metal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wagmare
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

bare metal backup for HP-UX 11i v3?

How can i make a dvd image ( bare metal backup ) for HP-UX 11i v3 installation on integrity servers , for quick recovery for the os and installed software in case of disaster (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

5. Debian

bare bones Debian install

I have read into some of the complexity in the docs in Debian on the install procedure. Is there any guiding light on what is required for a bare bones install. I have read in maybe the wikipedia that the einstein behind Debian has put in place every thing imaginable for any particular Machine.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cowLips
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Is here anyone hands on in Linux Bare Metal Restore..??

Hi all, I am working on Linux Bare Metal Restore in which i have few things to be discussed with a person who has his/her hands on in that process. If anyone kindly give a reply post in this thread.. :) :) Thanks Selva (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvarajvs
3 Replies

7. SCO

Virtualization a bare metal SCO Open Server 6?

Hello, We have a SCO Open Server 6 running on bare metal hardware, this is used for a legacy application that we continue to need. I would like to migrate/virtualize the SCO server into VMware so that I can do VM level backups, etc. I did test to make sure SCO 6.0 can run in VMware/ESXi... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
11 Replies
CHSH(1) 							   User Commands							   CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change your login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [-s shell] [-l] [-u] [-v] [username] DESCRIPTION
chsh is used to change your login shell. If a shell is not given on the command line, chsh prompts for one. chsh is used to change local entries only. Use ypchsh, lchsh or any other implementation for non-local entries. OPTIONS
-s, --shell shell Specify your login shell. -l, --list-shells Print the list of shells listed in /etc/shells and exit. -u, --help Print a usage message and exit. -v, --version Print version information and exit. VALID SHELLS
chsh will accept the full pathname of any executable file on the system. However, it will issue a warning if the shell is not listed in the /etc/shells file. On the other hand, it can also be configured such that it will only accept shells listed in this file, unless you are root. EXIT STATUS
Returns 0 if operation was successful, 1 if operation failed or command syntax was not valid. SEE ALSO
login(1), passwd(5), shells(5) AUTHOR
Salvatore Valente <svalente@mit.edu> AVAILABILITY
The chsh command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2009 CHSH(1)