Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: O S for new bare PC
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers O S for new bare PC Post 20188 by Alrichards on Monday 22nd of April 2002 09:18:42 PM
Old 04-22-2002
Bug

Thanx for the info and advice. My current trouble was caused by a defective 'brand new' Maxtor 30 gig HD. I installed my old 15 Gig and the system works fine, I also had to reset the CMOS. Al

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bare message script

hey is there a way or write a scipt to send messages to other people without using pre existing applications such as "write" or "to" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yngwie
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing filesnames in bare format with fullpath

Hi, Need help. How can I get a listing of files in bare format with full path. I mean in the following format. /root/dir1/sub-dir1/file1 /root/dir1/sub-dir1/file2 /root/dir1/sub-dir2/file1 /root/dir1/sub-dir2/file2 /root/dir2/sub-dir1/file1 /root/dir2/sub-dir2/file1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tipsy
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is PXE boot bare-metal

hi members i am reading RHEL and i am unable to under stand about PXE boot and bare metal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wagmare
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

bare metal backup for HP-UX 11i v3?

How can i make a dvd image ( bare metal backup ) for HP-UX 11i v3 installation on integrity servers , for quick recovery for the os and installed software in case of disaster (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

5. Debian

bare bones Debian install

I have read into some of the complexity in the docs in Debian on the install procedure. Is there any guiding light on what is required for a bare bones install. I have read in maybe the wikipedia that the einstein behind Debian has put in place every thing imaginable for any particular Machine.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cowLips
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Is here anyone hands on in Linux Bare Metal Restore..??

Hi all, I am working on Linux Bare Metal Restore in which i have few things to be discussed with a person who has his/her hands on in that process. If anyone kindly give a reply post in this thread.. :) :) Thanks Selva (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvarajvs
3 Replies

7. SCO

Virtualization a bare metal SCO Open Server 6?

Hello, We have a SCO Open Server 6 running on bare metal hardware, this is used for a legacy application that we continue to need. I would like to migrate/virtualize the SCO server into VMware so that I can do VM level backups, etc. I did test to make sure SCO 6.0 can run in VMware/ESXi... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
11 Replies
LINUX-VERSION(1)					      General Commands Manual						  LINUX-VERSION(1)

NAME
linux-version - operate on Linux kernel version strings SYNOPSIS
linux-version compare VERSION1 OP VERSION2 linux-version sort [--reverse] [VERSION1 VERSION2 ...] linux-version list [--paths] DESCRIPTION
linux-version operates on Linux kernel version strings as reported by uname -r and used in file and directory names. These version strings do not follow the same rules as Debian package version strings and should not be compared as such or as arbitrary strings. compare VERSION1 OP VERSION2 Compare version strings, where OP is a binary operator. linux-version returns success (zero result) if the specified condition is satisfied, and failure (nonzero result) otherwise. The valid operators are: lt le eq ne ge gt sort [--reverse] [VERSION1 VERSION2 ...] Sort the given version strings and print them in order from lowest to highest. If the --reverse option is used, print them in order from highest to lowest. If no version strings are given as arguments, the version strings will instead be read from standard input, one per line. They may be suffixed by arbitrary text after a space, which will be included in the output. This means that, for example: linux-version list --paths | linux-version sort --reverse will list the installed versions and corresponding paths in order from highest to lowest version. list [--paths] List kernel versions installed in the customary location. If the --paths option, show the corresponding path for each version. AUTHOR
linux-version and this manual page were written by Ben Hutchings as part of the Debian linux-base package. 30 March 2011 LINUX-VERSION(1)