Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp a text file
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users ftp a text file Post 20168 by thehoghunter on Monday 22nd of April 2002 04:14:51 PM
Old 04-22-2002
Can you post a portion of the file (before and after)? What alignment is it losing? What two systems (and OS) are being used? Is this the ftp that comes with the system or was it added?

More info needed but have you tried it using binary and ascii (see the help ? for these in ftp) - also read the man page on ftp.
thehoghunter

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

encryption of text file for ftp

How can I encrypt a file before ftp'ing it. I am creating a text file abc.dat and I want to encrypt that file with same name and ftp it to a remote server. Please advise. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchalavadi
3 Replies

2. Solaris

FTP text file

Hello to all of you, I have a problem i want to configure ftp server in Sun Solaris 10 .. I know the ftp service is enable by default when you install Solaris 10 but i want to find where is the ftp text file .. So i can configure the FTP Service via text .. THANKS!!! ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giancarlodjabon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script to FTP file to UNIX - Solaris

Hello, A couple of times per week, i receive emails notifications when files are available for processing. Currently i read these eamails with a java program and store the attachement on my C: drive and would now like to generate a PC script to send this file name up to UNIX-Solaris and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to put file from one ftp to another ftp location

hi, I have one file located in ftp.I want to place that file in different ftp location. Up to now i am doing it manually using get command and copying that file in to my local system and then putting that file in different ftp using put command. now i want to automate that using shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasee
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using FTP to check whether file is completely FTP... plz find the description below

Hi, We have some clients who will place huge files in to one of the remote server. And the shell script written in our local server to retrieve client files (using FTP) placed on one of the remote server of ours by clients. My question Is there any FTP command/script to check from my local... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmsrao
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting File from FTP and Transferring File to FTP

Hi, I am getting error when i am deleting file from FTP and also transferring file from local to FTP server. I am getting 221 error. I am getting this error some time only. Some time the existing file from FTP is deleted and file from local directory is transferred to FTP server. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting a text file with irregular spacing into a space delimited text file?

I have a text file with irregular spacing between values which makes it really difficult to manipulate. Is there an easy way to convert it into a space delimited text file so that all the spaces, double spaces, triple spaces, tabs between numbers are converted into spaces. The file looks like this:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to rename file in ftp server .Net:FTP perl

Hello All, I am trying to connect to ftp server and get the files. Also i need to rename the file in other ftp dir. rename method is not allowing me to rename the file in other dir. When i tried copy command by using net::FTP:FILE then perl says it is not installed. Can some body help me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting lines from a text file based on another text file with line numbers

Hi, I am trying to extract lines from a text file given a text file containing line numbers to be extracted from the first file. How do I go about doing this? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
MASSAGEVENDOR(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  MASSAGEVENDOR(8)

NAME
massagevendor - convert the ethernet vendor codes master list to arpwatch format SYNOPSIS
massagevendor vendorfile DESCRIPTION
massagevendor is a program that converts a text file containing ethernet vendor codes into a format suitable for use by arpwatch(8) and arpsnmp(8). The input vendorfile is a master text file containing vendor codes. The output is sent to stdout. Each line of the vendorfile is expected to have a six digit hexadecimal vendor code followed by spaces followed by the name of the manufacturer. All ethernet devices have a unique identifier which includes a vendor code specifying the manufacturer of the device. In normal operation arpwatch(8) and arpsnmp(8) use the file ethercodes.dat to report this vendor code. massagevendor is used to generate the ethercodes.dat file from text files containing these vendor codes. Locations where an ethernet vendor codes master text file can be obtained are given below. FILES
/usr/share/arpwatch - default location of the ethernet vendor list ethercodes.dat - file containing the list of ethernet vendor codes SEE ALSO
arpwatch(8), arpsnmp(8) NOTES
Sources for ethernet vendor codes seen in the wild are http://map-ne.com/Ethernet/vendor.html ftp://ftp.cavebear.com/pub/Ethernet.txt http://www.cavebear.com/CaveBear/Ethernet/vendor.html Useful for comparison or completeness are the ethernet vendor codes as assigned by the IEEE which can be found at http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/oui.txt BUGS
Please send bug reports to arpwatch@ee.lbl.gov. AUTHORS
Craig Leres of the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory Network Research Group, University of California, Berkeley, CA. The current version is available via anonymous ftp: ftp://ftp.ee.lbl.gov/arpwatch.tar.gz This manual page was contributed by Hugo Graumann. MASSAGEVENDOR(8)