Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: low RAM
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers low RAM Post 20100 by counTnegaTive on Sunday 21st of April 2002 09:50:47 AM
Old 04-21-2002
thank u

I Tried debien because I can install it from 1.44 mb disks, nut after inserting the second disk my computer stops. (even crtl alt del doesn't react)

I thought maybe an instalation thru an open conection (parallel) ith my other system, but i've no idea how to:P

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Low level format?

I want to do a low level format like in windows (C:\format c:) but I don't know how it works in unix or linux.. Can somebody help me ? thnx :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: day
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Swap space is LOW

I checked the server and issued various command to investigated. but from teh output of swap -s and swap -l, i received the following swap -l swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /dev/vx/dsk/swapvol 197,7 16 4194800 4127696 /dev/vx/dsk/swap2 197,8 16 12582896... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

low-order seven bits

Hi and thx in advance :) I have to transfert files between a UNIX server and a Network Appliance Filer and i have problem with accent characters on filename. On unix side accent are interpreted as follow ls -l unix* | cat -v -rwxr--r-- 1 a067842 admDE 0 Sep 24 16:33... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solea
2 Replies

4. AIX

Pend Low Mbuffs

Help.. my RS600 7043-140 keeps on hanging everyday. This is the output of "errpt -a": LABEL: PEND_LOW_MBUFS IDENTIFIER: E9B4EB4B Date/Time: Tue Jul 29 12:16:02 Sequence Number: 1183 Machine Id: 006066844C00 Node Id: mgmtoracle Class: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bright_genius
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

red hat Linux 5.0 is detecting 3gb ram but physical ram is 16gb

Hi, On server 64bit Hw Arch , Linux 5.0(32bit) is installed it is showing only 3gb of ram though physical is 16gb can u give me idea why? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Low priority file????

Hi all, which file has the low priority while linux booting?. I just want to run a script in background with low priority while linux boots up.(I need to include that script to be called from that file) as am a newbie to linux. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, SMNK (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SMNK
2 Replies

7. AIX

High Runqueue (R) LOW CPU LOW I/O Low Network Low memory usage

Hello All I have a system running AIX 61 shared uncapped partition (with 11 physical processors, 24 Virtual 72GB of Memory) . The output from NMON, vmstat show a high run queue (60+) for continous periods of time intervals, but NO paging, relatively low I/o (6000) , CPU % is 40, Low network.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: IL-Malti
9 Replies

8. AIX

Low Virtual memory available

Hi I am running AIX 5.2. My server is running low on memory. It it using about 1307775 file pages on a total of 1511424 (from vmstat -v). I looked at the memory yesterday morning, and we had plenty of free memory. I did a backup from Windows (ftp mget command) of a large file selection. From... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredrivard
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

High RAM usage, extremely low swapping

Hi team I have three physical servers running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.2 with the following memory conditions: # cat /proc/meminfo | grep -i mem MemTotal: 8062888 kB MemFree: 184540 kB Shmem: 516 kB and the following swap conditions: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
6 Replies
GNOME-DISKS(1)							gnome-disk-utility						    GNOME-DISKS(1)

NAME
gnome-disks - the GNOME Disks application SYNOPSIS
gnome-disks [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
gnome-disks is the command to launch the GNOME Disks application. Disks provides a way to inspect, format, partition and configure disks and block devices. The Disks application is single-instance. What this means is that if the application is not already running when the gnome-disks command is invoked, it will get launched and the command invocation will block until the application exits. Otherwise the existing application instance will be used and the gnome-disks command will exit immediately. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --block-device DEVICE Switches to the Disks application and selects the block device given by DEVICE (for example, /dev/sda). --block-device DEVICE --format-device [--xid WINDOW-ID] Shows the "Format Volume" dialog for the block device given by DEVICE (for example, /dev/sdb1). If WINDOW-ID is given, makes the dialog transient to the given XID. --help Prints a short help text and exits. AUTHOR
Written by David Zeuthen <zeuthen@gmail.com> with a lot of help from many others. BUGS
Please send bug reports to either the distribution bug tracker or the upstream bug tracker at https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gnome-disk-utility. SEE ALSO
gnome-disk-image-mounter(1), udisks(8) GNOME
March 2013 GNOME-DISKS(1)