Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Internet Connection
Special Forums IP Networking Unix Internet Connection Post 2009 by Neo on Friday 13th of April 2001 09:10:50 AM
Old 04-13-2001
File log messages is a text file. You cannot read it by executing /var/adm/messages from the command line.

To view /var/adm/messages, you must either use an editor (like vi, emacs) or use another tool such as more or (believe-it-or-not) the less command.

Try:

more /var/adm/messages

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setup internet connection

HI.. i was wondering if someone out there can help me setup my internet connection.... i have no clue how to set it up.. could you please tell me step by step how to set it up.. i have a static ip, im using a cable modem to connect. my os is solaris 8. Please email me at lil_souldier@hotmail.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting up internet connection!!

HI unix guru.. i need your help again.. i tring to setup my sun box for internet connection, i am using @home cable service i have 8 pc running different operating systems. every other computer can go online but this sun box for some reason alway give me and error, i enter my ip address... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: souldier
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Internet Connection via Lan

I have a sun wokstation running solaris 9 , I want to configuring my lan card to access internet . my IP address : 192.168.144.20 ISP gateway : 192.168.144.1 DNS address : 202.56.250.5 all helps will be appreciated thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: una
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris internet connection

Hi everyone, I just installed Solaris 10 in my PC. However, once I finished installing it, I lost my internet connection. When I switch to windows, the internet can run smoothly. Does anyone know how to set up internet connection in Solaris ? I am so sorry, I am new in UNIX (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: qqq
7 Replies

5. Linux

setting up internet connection

I'm having fedora core4.I have a ADSL modem and can access through Windows.I tried setting up internet connection in linux using setup command and netconfig,but doesn't work. can anybody help me with the steps in detail.also can i use the same ip address as in windows? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: laddu
7 Replies

6. BSD

Internet connection with PC BSD

Hi friends! :) I have got an Acer laptop. in one of the partion's I have got PC BSD installed. I am new UNIX user coz first I was using Windows, so I am still learning it. I only know few commands, and I find it very interesting. Unfrtunately, when I log into PC BSD, I can't connect to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dubbio123
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check Internet connection?

I am using SUSE OS and want to check internet connection... I have tried: ping -c3 google.com The output i have got is: Unknown host google.com does it means that i do not have Internet connection?? Or please help me with any Command to find Internet connection? Thanks for any help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salil2012
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Internet connection

I got solaris 10 works, but I cannot set up my internet connection. When I ping a website and i open the web browser, it doesn't work. When the installation asked 'Am I in a network?' i answerd 'no'. I think this is my minstake. How can i get Internet, now? I have a ADSL modem (not router).... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
5 Replies

9. IP Networking

Sharing internet connection

Hello all, Recently took a dive into Unix using Fedora 12 atm. I have cable modem with DHCP and a linksys 8 port router. With windows I was able to simple use the uplink port and plug each computer into the switch and use the internet connection. Having no luck doing the same in Unix. I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fingerz
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check internet connection?

Hello, I need a simple shell script that returns a value if the system is internet connected and a different value if the system is not connected. Can anyone please help? Thanks Daniele (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcaccount
3 Replies
utmpx(4)							   File Formats 							  utmpx(4)

NAME
utmpx, wtmpx - utmpx and wtmpx database entry formats SYNOPSIS
#include <utmpx.h> /var/adm/utmpx /var/adm/wtmpx DESCRIPTION
The utmpx and wtmpx files are extended database files that have superseded the obsolete utmp and wtmp database files. The utmpx database contains user access and accounting information for commands such as who(1), write(1), and login(1). The wtmpx database contains the history of user access and accounting information for the utmpx database. USAGE
Applications should not access these databases directly, but should use the functions described on the getutxent(3C) manual page to inter- act with the utmpx and wtmpx databases to ensure that they are maintained consistently. FILES
/var/adm/utmpx user access and adminstration information /var/adm/wtmpx history of user access and adminstrative information SEE ALSO
getutxent(3C), wait(3C)wait.h(3HEAD) SunOS 5.10 22 Feb 1999 utmpx(4)